Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does the MK8 keep power to the accessory socket?

FreqFace

Hi.

I've got a Mk8 on order after my old Fiat was written off after being rear-ended.

Anyway, after that I've decided to invest in a dashcam, but before I buy one I need to know - does the new Fiesta keep power to the socket when the ignition is off?

Thanks.

Sean.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but, it does not no. If you want constant power, hard wiring would be the way to go but then you should ensure you have some form of voltage cut off set up if you plan to keep the camera running when the car is off. What camera are you planning on getting?

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I actually don't want constant power, that was my concern, getting a dashcam and then it draining the battery while I'm away from the car. I just want to plug it in and forget about it!

As far as which cam I'm looking at, probably this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wide-Angle-Supercapacitor-G-Sensor-Recording-Dual-Port-Black/dp/B075T8H9XJ/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1523210072&sr=1-6&keywords=aukey+dash+cam

• Like 1

Fair enough, looks like you've got a setup ready in that case! That looks like a fairly good deal to be honest, 1080 recording and a wide view angle, good choice :smile:

• Thanks 1

With my 2008 plate fiesta the cig socket power would turn off once engine was off.

Generally it’s a good idea to disconnect the power cable anyways when not using the dash cam.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, FreqFace said:

Hi.

I've got a Mk8 on order after my old Fiat was written off after being rear-ended.

Anyway, after that I've decided to invest in a dashcam, but before I buy one I need to know - does the new Fiesta keep power to the socket when the ignition is off?

Thanks.

Sean.

I had front/rear dashcams dealer fitted before I collected.

3 hours ago, Eddieboi said:

Generally it’s a good idea to disconnect the power cable anyways when not using the dash cam.

Why's that? It's not exactly practical to unplug a hardwired one each time you're leaving the car. It's no different to being plugged into a 12v outlet, it's all just tucked away.

• Thanks 1

Why's that? It's not exactly practical to unplug a hardwired one each time you're leaving the car. It's no different to being plugged into a 12v outlet, it's all just tucked away.

They mentioned it was a socket powered dash cam not hardwired [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

20 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Do you know what the best fuse to use to hardwire it so it turns on and off with the ignition?

1 minute ago, FreqFace said:

Do you know what the best fuse to use to hardwire it so it turns on and off with the ignition?

I've always used the rear wiper. Should be a 20Amper you can use a piggy back fuse holder on

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club