Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spanish bound Focus

Raymondmario

Hi

I've just bought a LHD Ford Focus estate 1.6 TDCi estate 2010.  I have a place down in Spain so that is where it will probably stay.  I might like it enough to bring it back and use here as well.  It has about 75K  (Miles)on the clock, is there anything you would suggest I get done to it before I bring it down to Spain.  Should I change the timing belt now?  What about the DPF anything with that?  Much advice would be greatly appreciated.  So far I like the motor, very much.

TIA Ray

You mention the Timing Belt, Ray - My understanding is that you'll have a chain on that engine so no need for that. Obviously check your pumps etc etc.. But yeah; other than that - welcome to Ford Owners Club!

It's a popular car obviously so you'd like to think there'd be experienced mech's with such modifications.

Cheers,

Charles

Driving a vehicle on the road with DPF removed is illegal.  It is not a good idea to be talking about it on a public forum. :wink:  If you get pulled by VOSA you're looking at a £1000 fine.  It'll also be much harder to pass MOT with one when the new MOT rules come in next month. 

Timing belt interval on the 1.6TDCI is 10 years or 100k miles.  On a 2010 model you'll have the more reliable coated DPF which requires no fluid additive and has no replacement interval.  It should last the life of the vehicle if it's regularly driven on long journeys.  

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Driving a vehicle on the road with DPF removed is illegal.  It is not a good idea to be talking about it on a public forum. :wink:  If you get pulled by VOSA you're looking at a £1000 fine.  It'll also be much harder to pass MOT with one when the new MOT rules come in next month. 

Timing belt interval on the 1.6TDCI is 10 years or 100k miles.  On a 2010 model you'll have the more reliable coated DPF which requires no fluid additive and has no replacement interval.  It should last the life of the vehicle if it's regularly driven on long journeys.  

Talking about what @TomsFocus? :whistling::wink3:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CGGR said:

Talking about what Tom? :whistling::wink3:

Lol.  Where abouts in Suffolk are you?  Don't suppose you have any mates that would like a stage 1 mapped 1.6TDCi Titanium after seeing yours?  I have one for sale over in the 'cars for sale' section. :biggrin:

On 07/04/2018 at 2:43 PM, TomsFocus said:

Weekend bump...  £2,750?

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol.  Where abouts in Suffolk are you?  Don't suppose you have any mates that would like a stage 1 mapped 1.6TDCi Titanium after seeing yours?  I have one for sale over in the 'cars for sale' section. :biggrin:

Posted directly to your post bud. I'm Felixstowe/Ipswich/Stowmarket.

Not far off then, probably passed you on the road a few times lol.

If it was at night when you overtook you'll probably still have the blemish in your eyes haha; the number plate bulbs I've currently got in are unbelievably bright lol, mixed with a well waxed rear bumper the bright reflection (as you see in my Prof Pic) is just unreal :D

Where are you then bud?

3 minutes ago, CGGR said:

If it was at night when you overtook you'll probably still have the blemish in your eyes haha; the number plate bulbs I've currently got in are unbelievably bright lol, mixed with a well waxed rear bumper the bright reflection (as you see in my Prof Pic) is just unreal :D

Where are you then bud?

Lol, just tried to see if I could recognize your reg in the profile pic...  I'll just keep an eye out for a blinding Focus rear end! :laugh:

I'm usually around Woodbridge/Felixstowe area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2018 at 12:38 PM, CGGR said:

You mention the Timing Belt, Ray - My understanding is that you'll have a chain on that engine so no need for that. Obviously check your pumps etc etc.. But yeah; other than that - welcome to Ford Owners Club!

It's a popular car obviously so you'd like to think there'd be experienced mech's with such modifications.

Cheers,

Charles

Thanks for that Charles.

On 09/04/2018 at 12:45 PM, TomsFocus said:

:)  Thanks for the advice.........................:wink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club