Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 voice recognition problem

Jorg

I updated to version 3 recently and mostly use Apple CarPlay so only just realised this now.

When I use Sync 3 without a phone connected and press the voice command button on the steering wheel I get this message on the screen:

Voice Recognition not ready

I found a few people on the internet who have the same issue but no solution apart from taking it to the dealer.

Master Reset doesn't fix it.

I have noticed this happening a couple of times since the latest update was applied.

Only switching off the car, locking the doors and waiting for the modules to power down seems to reset it.

Obviously a glitch in the update files.

I've always got phone connected so never noticed. I'm trying to think why I'd press it without a phone though?

It’s been happening for me 3 days in a row now. 

It’s not the that big of a deal as I mainly use Apple CarPlay but it’s a bit annoying. I might give Ford a call. 

19 hours ago, Jorg said:

I updated to version 3 recently and mostly use Apple CarPlay so only just realised this now.

When I use Sync 3 without a phone connected and press the voice command button on the steering wheel I get this message on the screen:

Voice Recognition not ready

I found a few people on the internet who have the same issue but no solution apart from taking it to the dealer.

Master Reset doesn't fix it.

I'm using version 3 and haven't had this issue (so far).

Just a thought but holding the voice button for 2 seconds usually activates Siri when my iphone's connected. How long are you holding the button down ?

16 hours ago, avi said:

I'm using version 3 and haven't had this issue (so far).

Just a thought but holding the voice button for 2 seconds usually activates Siri when my iphone's connected. How long are you holding the button down ?

It works fine when a phone is connected. 

The problem happens when you have no phone connected and just use the Sync 3 voice recognition. Try it out. Leave your phone in the house and try the button. 

Works fine for me with Siri. 

7 hours ago, Jorg said:

It works fine when a phone is connected. 

The problem happens when you have no phone connected and just use the Sync 3 voice recognition. Try it out. Leave your phone in the house and try the button. 

Works fine for me with Siri. 

Just encountered this issue whilst my iPhone was connected via USB. When I pressed the voice command button I received a message saying voice command control not ready or something like that. 

12 hours ago, avi said:

Just encountered this issue whilst my iphone was connected via USB. When I pressed the voice command button I received a message saying voice command control not ready or something like that. 

That’s even stranger then. What version of Sync are you on?

11 hours ago, Jorg said:

That’s even stranger then. What version of Sync are you on?

v 3.0

On 11/04/2018 at 6:58 PM, avi said:

v 3.0

Must be a bug in version 3.0 I’m guessing. 

I might take mine to the dealer and see what they say. 

Mine sort of crashed the other day. On audio it was always dab showing selected even though id be playing CD or fm etc.
Once I restarted after a service station it was working fine again.

• 1 year later...

After an automatic update on my SYNC 3 system, I started getting the Voice Recognition Not Ready message across my screen.  (I called Ford and they had me try several different things to get it to work without any luck.  Ford's told me to take it to the dealer and only they could fix the issue.  Well, I went to the dealer and after 3 hours they gave up and said no matter what they tried, it didn't work.  They had to order a APIX Mod and said they'd call me when it gets in.  Luckily, my 3 year warranty runs to 18 May so it's covered.  I hear it's about a $1,000 repair if you have to pay for it.  I also bought an extended warranty so it would have been covered anyway.  

On 4/12/2018 at 7:41 PM, Jorg said:

Must be a bug in version 3.0 I’m guessing. 

I might take mine to the dealer and see what they say. 

Took mine to TrustFord in Bristol as I had this issue THE DAY AFTER buying the car 2017 Focus Titanium, and they said nothing they could do Ford are releasing a FIX in 8 to 10 Months !!!!

email to Andy Barrat sent straight away.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club