Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Protect

Bobr

Has anyone used this insurance and, if so, how were you treated?   I've been offered it for £20 a month and, apparently, it covers the following according to the leaflet I've been sent:

Air Con Compressor   £515

Engine   £5,600

Cylinder head gasket  £1174

Heated front windscreen   £705

Manual Gearbox   £1956

Anti-lock braking unit   £1058

Never used Ford Protect but I did have a service plan. The brochures and websites even now state that the plan can be transferred to your next vehicle. Absolute lies and fraudulent, you cannot transfer your plan, they cancel your current plan depriving you of any advantages you have or are paying for and start a new one.

I was paying over 3 years £21 per month for 5 services and 3 mots. The MoTs were free, £100 off your next car purchase from Frauds, roadside assistance, free puncture repairs. When they cancelled this plan all their do is transfer any money you have paid onto the new one, but forget tp menton that the firm operating the plan E Mac take 25% as a management fee. Why should I pay someone to  look after my money for someone else, Frauds should pat the management fee. The next plan was for the same money £21 per month but now over 5 years and £600 more than the original one. No free MoTs, the £100 was on the old cancelled plan so I couldn't now claim it.

Still arguing with Trust Ford. I'd be very wary of any Ford insurance type schemes., they hide the truth until it's too late and then lie about what the wording means. Then they get shirty when  describe them as the Arthur Daly school of car salesmanship.

As with any insurance, only very few people benefit and the rest are just losing money.  Sure it's worth it if the engine explodes next month, but is that really likely?  A windscreen is ~£75 through car insurance and is the only one that's likely to need replacement on that list.

I owned a Mk7 Fiesta for just over 8 years, a Mk1 Focus for 10 years and I never needed any of those items except for a replacement windscreen which was covered by my insurance.

The only thing I paid for extra was the 2 year warranty extension for £350 which I thought was not the worst. 

Don’t really agree with the template prices “Engine £5600”,  Manual Gearbox “£1956”, I think it’s just a bit of a scare tactic more than anything. Can’t see what would need to happen to essentially have a new engine or gearbox fitted on what is basically a new car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club