Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubbing noise

F0CUE

A couple of times now whilst going fast round corners I'm hearing a rubbing noise and last time had passengers who were able to pinpoint it's from the rear and I'm not lowered could it be something to do with sway bars?

No expert but are springs/shocks OK?
I don't have anything else sorry, other than not to go round corners fast lol

Cud be arb bushes, rear arm bushes, worn drop links. U need to get under it and check for anything obvious

@F0CUE as the previous 2 mentioned, really you need to Jack it up n check with a bar for abnormal movement from 1 side to the other, could possibly be bearings starting to go as ours on turning right skips very slightly but only when turned into a certain angle.

My rear arms are brand new so that's ruled out. It only does it when really pushing it. It kind of sounds like a fan starting up in a way. How do you test the arb bushes properly from your drive is it possible? @doggsbody thanks I'll do the bearing test I was thinking on that and @Dave1981 thanks :)

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:

No expert but are springs/shocks OK?
I don't have anything else sorry, other than not to go round corners fast lol

Springs are new after one broke last year and shocks no clue but will get them tested also thanks.

@F0CUE testing parts same as me mate Jack 1 side up n if using a trolley jack use the that bar or a crow bar, place it in between various gaps n see saw it see it anything moves then repeat on the other side it should show what moves if anything does then if on the opposite side it doesn't then you'll know what moved shouldn't have, bearings jack it up n wobble it side to side n top n bottom with it being the rear there shouldn't be any movement at all.. try replacing a gearbox on a mud garden 😂

15233550971351801895894.jpg

• Like 1

Is it both sides or just one?  Can you see any tyre scuff marks on the arch liners?  Are you using soft tyres like Rainsports or got them fairly low on air?

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is it both sides or just one?  Can you see any tyre scuff marks on the arch liners?  Are you using soft tyres like Rainsports or got them fairly low on air?

I have only noticed one side that does it and I'll check the liner for scuffs cheers and no tyres are hard and blown up to spec.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club