Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PAINTMODZ Shark Fin for Mk3

HunterDVJ
聽Share

Hey,

Has anyone purchased and fitted a paintmodz Shark Fin aerial and if you have whats the reception like? I'd like to know how both FM and DAB are affected if possible

Thanks

some people say its ok , and some say better buy off eBay as they are selling cheap chinese fins painted to car color.

The paintmodz shark fins are the cheap ones from China only painted in OEM color. So your choice.聽

So you can straight buy the cheap one off eBay or Aliexpress...try it and if you will be satisfied. Then just buy the touch up paint in聽spray from dealer and make the color of the shark fin perfect. ;)

If you want a sharfin antenna with decent radio and GPS reception you should buy the original 2015 lincoln MKC / 2015 Ford Edge sharkfin antenna. this sharfin antenna is a direct fit to the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lincoln mkc shark fin

This is a pretty populair mod in the USA.聽

Despite not being particularly cheap this mod is pretty high on my wishlist.

• Like 1

Went with the AVC Sport one from聽Ford in the end for 拢15. Seems to聽work fine 97-98% of the time to be honest.

@mastachaz聽thanks for confirming about the sharkfin, will skip that one then

@JW1982聽that' definitely something to look at potentially but yeah I can see that being expensive as it's the whole base unit! Ford quoted me 拢70/80 for the matching AVC Sport base unit to go with the stubby mast I have in now.

I will get probobly this edge one but will cost around 80 pounds

Hi, where is the best place to get the ford edge shark fin in the UK, do the dealers do it? If so does anyone know how much?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I wish to know too i found one in poland but very expensive , still looking for part number so give call to ford and ask.about price聽

Found the details of the shark fin from a ford edge on the fiesta forum.a477f4113f8b077de2bc405f40ef29d6.jpg

7 hours ago, Iaintruten said:

Found the details of the shark fin from a ford edge on the fiesta forum.a477f4113f8b077de2bc405f40ef29d6.jpg

Perfect will pop in or call to ford tomorrow and ask for price聽

I priced one up at ford for 58 pound today hopefully get it at the end of the week, but probably be a few weeks till I fit it as I'll need to paint it first. I just went onto eBay and found a ford edge with sync 2 as it is sync 2 I have and gave them the registration of the ford edge.

1 hour ago, Iaintruten said:

I priced one up at ford for 58 pound today hopefully get it at the end of the week, but probably be a few weeks till I fit it as I'll need to paint it first. I just went onto eBay and found a ford edge with sync 2 as it is sync 2 I have and gave them the registration of the ford edge.

great price , could you give me all details you give them to order? will be more easy for me

Don't have details to hand at the moment as I haven't paid for it yet as I'll pay for it on collection but used this reg Yr18ucm and the dealer found the part from there.

2 minutes ago, Iaintruten said:

Don't have details to hand at the moment as I haven't paid for it yet as I'll pay for it on collection but used this reg Yr18ucm and the dealer found the part from there.

and you ask for ? If you could tell me more details

pay on collection?

Just asked for the aerial antenna and mentioned it was the shark fin on the roof I was after and they searched it on the system as after looking at the part numbers above they look like American part numbers, I'll have the proper part number at the end of the week when I collect it but found this just now there. The part just comes primed though as mentioned above so will need colour coded.2e93b90cf8cd6c038624f49b8999042f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Iaintruten said:

Just asked for the aerial antenna and mentioned it was the shark fin on the roof I was after and they searched it on the system as after looking at the part numbers above they look like American part numbers, I'll have the proper part number at the end of the week when I collect it but found this just now there. The part just comes primed though as mentioned above so will need colour coded.2e93b90cf8cd6c038624f49b8999042f.jpg

thanks so its 18936 for uk ?

hmm its next day deliveyr ?

to paint you can do in one day mate , its nice weather now , will try fast and use some hairdryer.

hmm but with that type of antenna you cant test first

im curious if that will work with dab.

I decided to wait till Friday as I was told I'll be able to get a discount if I did. It should have the dab as it was off a sync 2 on a ford edge and I noticed it had 2 plugs.

23 minutes ago, Iaintruten said:

I decided to wait till Friday as I was told I'll be able to get a discount if I did. It should have the dab as it was off a sync 2 on a ford edge and I noticed it had 2 plugs.

hmm thanks mate I will call them tomorrow and check if something will pick up ans test soon.

13 hours ago, Iaintruten said:

they quoted me 43 but have to come to order.

Not bad I was 40 something plus vat but will be getting a discount once I pick it up but not sure how much cheaper I'll be getting it though but something is better than nothing lol, just hope this works lol.

Just had a look at the aerial wiring it should have the dab on the aerial as the GPS antenna looks to be at the front under the dash which I'm sure is the same as the focus.

If dab will be on front then all should work on any fin

The parts guy at the Hendy Ford I got my stubby antenna from said that the DAB should be in the base unit under the antenna. Saying that my DAB's not been as good since I swapped to the stubby, not terrible, just drops out occasionally, so there must be some link from the antenna to the dab unit in the base.

I might look at that Lincoln/edge sharkfin if it all goes well for you guys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club