Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PAINTMODZ Shark Fin for Mk3

HunterDVJ
聽Share

9 hours ago, HunterDVJ said:

The parts guy at the Hendy Ford I got my stubby antenna from said that the DAB should be in the base unit under the antenna. Saying that my DAB's not been as good since I swapped to the stubby, not terrible, just drops out occasionally, so there must be some link from the antenna to the dab unit in the base.

I might look at that Lincoln/edge sharkfin if it all goes well for you guys.

loads of people telling diffrent story, sofar we know normal fin will not work with dab.

On 18/04/2018 at 8:18 AM, mastachaz said:

loads of people telling diffrent story, sofar we know normal fin will not work with dab.

I tried the stubby, certain parts of my journey DAB did not work. Swapped back to original and it works perfectly. I have now ordered the 2017 aerial to see what that one is like.

• Like 1

Will hopefully get mine tomorrow but will need to paint it first as it only comes primed and I don't fancy taking the roof lining off twice lol and also got my st rear spoiler to fit as well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Furio101 said:

I tried the stubby, certain parts of my journey DAB did not work. Swapped back to original and it works perfectly. I have now ordered the 2017 aerial to see what that one is like.

Hmm I did only check on my place聽

That's my shark fin arrived at the dealer today so will collect it tomorrow and need to get it painted along with my st spoiler.

no update for my one ... nerly more then week ?

About 1 and half weeks to nearly 2 weeks mine took to arrive, will upload a picture of mine tomorrow with part details etc but probably won't get round to looking at fitment etc for another week or so when I have time.

Dab its working even without antenna mast as I dont have one because its sold now .

Well got my shark fin but something ain't right as it has no cables [emoji23] going to phone the dealer and see what the script is with this.f8900c02f232d21b5c37fd5cb16eb505.jpg

4 hours ago, Iaintruten said:

Well got my shark fin but something ain't right as it has no cables emoji23.png going to phone the dealer and see what the script is with this.f8900c02f232d21b5c37fd5cb16eb505.jpg

on they catalog it one with and another without

Ahhh once you get yours then can you send me the part number don't fancy waisting another 50 quid lol

Do you know the part number by any chance?

I dont mate but I tell guy I want one with connectors , did you order by phone ?

the one you have its wireless
I will call them tomorrow as no time today and if they have will pick up sunday if not will cancel my order as its around 10 days now.

Ok no problem cheers

And no I ordered in the dealer and the one he showed me had connectors but for some reason this one doesn't think the parts guy has ordered the wrong one so once I know the correct part number I'll argue my case lol.

27 minutes ago, Iaintruten said:

And no I ordered in the dealer and the one he showed me had connectors but for some reason this one doesn't think the parts guy has ordered the wrong one so once I know the correct part number I'll argue my case lol.

you can anyway as have no connectors thats all. you can not open when collecting ?

I should have opened it when I went to collect lol but ended up ordering other parts and then forgot to check and cause it is a special order the dealer doesn't refund plus the guy gives me discounts all the time for parts so don't want to have a fall out and end up getting my discounts stopped lol might even make into a working one at a late date for my Mrs focus lol so at least it won't go to complete waste.

I spoke with them they dont even order my part - complete joke - dees of croydon.

looks like I will stick with paintmodz for now.

Unlucky mate, I'm taking my PAINTMODZ one off as something ain't right on mine dab constantly dropping out since I fitted it on mine but my Mrs focus that I also fitted a PAINTMODZ one on is ok so will be looking to see what the issue is with mine may be the base at fault.

I will go collect my one tomorrow , but guy told me he see now wires there so probobly will not take it.

Yeah same as mine by the looks of it then I'm looking at maybe just getting a standard focus DAB base and fitting it inside the shark fin and making some sort of aerial inside it.

its not possible , I will keep udpate.

I was going to try and take a blow torch to my old genuine antenna and try and reshape it inside the shark fin as it took the cover off my shark fin for the edge and there is a wee bit of space but would need to find the time to try it no extra loss since I have the dummy shark fin anyway lol, hope yours is the right one. How's your sync 2 to 3 going? that may be my next update.