Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus mk4

James

The Vignale looks amazing, I shall be ordering one of those👌

• 1 month later...

Spotted this development car out and about today. Crap photo but didn’t look too bad tbh.

3848D915-0A8D-4BC9-ACBF-00BBBE622AD6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Spotted this development car out and about today. Crap photo but didn’t look too bad tbh.

I was looking at a couple of different trim levels at a local dealer last week.   

A bit like the latest Fiesta inside only bigger. Not keen on the red stitching on the seats etc on the ST model.

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

3848D915-0A8D-4BC9-ACBF-00BBBE622AD6.jpeg

I think the rear end looks good, it looks allot better than the mk3/mk3.5 but not sure about the front the car just yet. The front grill looks a bit awkward to me. The interior is a huge improvement in terms of practicability and looks over the previous generation though. 

• Like 1

I like front from st line but back looks like fiesta

Looks like a squashed Kuga.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Not a fan, much like the new festa, just looks all very angular, better than the original mk3 though

I was reading an article on these last night...is it true that they'll be coming with petrol particulate filters on the 1.0EB?  I know petrols produce fewer particulates and the exhausts run hotter but will we still get filter blocking issues on town cars? :unsure: 

,i just had a read and yes it will have a filter. and cylinder head is reversed so the exhaust ports are at the back now. . this is to meet the euro 6.2 emmissions . so looks like all other manufacturers will have to do the same. another reason to keep my car until it dies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The think with the filters isnt about having them, its about cleaning / replacing them. Can it be that hard to make a filter with a serviceable core? I mean it surely cant be beyond the realms of science to make a hatch with a drop out core 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2018 at 9:57 PM, sucofdrof said:

Real weird one for me this, it's like a Hyundai, BMW, Mazda,Volvo,(doors remind me of a clio :wacko: ) all blended in to one, When I first saw the MK3 focus I initially hated it but I now own one :rolleyes: so I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen a few in person. I do like the new interior even though I'm not a fan of the stick on screen. 

😂😂 exactly the same as me , I hated the mk3 when it came out , I brought one last week 😂 I don't like the look of the mk4 , so I'll probably own one in another 3 or 4 years time

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

First Mk4 spotted in the wild that’s actually not a Ford prototype. Grey car heading along the A30.

Didn't realise how different the 1.0 ecoboost is compared to the original. Now cam chain driven instead of the wet belt.different turbo, cylinder head. 

• Like 2

Tv ad shows an ST Line version and it sort of looks ok with a twin exhaust.
Tbh it's starting to look like an Astra with the split rear window.
Bit meh for now.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 5:29 PM, James said:

Boots certainly bigger in the mk4. 375l vs 316l. The Ford Focus mk3/mk3.5 has almost a supermini sized boot. 

I'll keep my 385 litres in my mk 2.5 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pistolpete1 said:

I'll keep my 385 litres in my mk 2.5 😉

That extra 10 litres might make all the difference... :laugh:  The shape of the boot and opening is just as important as the capacity tbf, Mk3 boot was just daft after the Mk2 boot lol.

I've seen quite a few Mk4s about now (live between 2 Ford dealers) and they're not growing on me yet... :unsure:  Just as well really seeing as I'd need £20k to buy a 125ps Titanium. 😮 

• Like 3

The new 1.0 ecoboost in the focus is a bit noiser than the mk3 . 

• 1 month later...

Hello, All.

My first post...hope to be here a while!

Ordered a new Focus a couple of weeks ago (Titanium / 1.5 Ecoboost / Automatic / Desert Island Blue / with a few `extras`)

I have a little query:

What is the maximum delivery mileage you would say was acceptable?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

12 minutes ago, Xpug said:

I have a little query:

What is the maximum delivery mileage you would say was acceptable?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Mine had about 4 miles on it and most of that was the dealer going to a BP garage to fill up will Ultimate.

My Mum's had about 30 miles on it...the delivery truck broke down on collection day so one of the staff drove the car back to the dealer. 

normally from the factory and delivered by transporter to the dealer there is normally 5- 7 miles. then a short roadtest at pdi inspection. so 10miles max 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, James said:

What do you guys think of the new Focus?  I think it looks decent.   A big disappointment is that the mulitilink rear suspension has been dropped for the 1 l ecoboost and 1.5 diesel. Torsion beam on those cars from what I have read and heard.   

the nasty screen inside and air vents that don't go horizonal across the dash mean no thanks.... just like the new 3 series.... why do you want one hand / arm in the breeze and the correct temperature and the other not ?  I think the culprit is these customer surgeries where 4 women who don't like breathing, ask for buttons and screen in the wrong place rather than proper functionality

• Haha 2

The issue with the screen is because of euro regs, it has to be a certain height so you're not looking down away from the road, that's why they're all in that annoying location now.

On another note, just seen a Mk4 on sub 400 miles written off on the Facebook group 😮

Front end looks slightly better after the 45mph impact tbf...  :tongue: :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club