Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ka 2 remote locking key

Phil 3747

We are just in the process of buying our daughter a '60 plate Ka 2 but it does not have a remote locking key, it just has the manual one that has to be inserted into the door lock to unlock the car.

I have just read that Ford charge around £230 to buy and programme one...are there any cheaper alternatives ??

Been in to Timpsons and they will supply and code one for £140 :smile:

We picked the car up yesterday and I gave it a quick once over and it appears as though the central locking is a bit intermittent as when I turn the lock in the drivers door, it doesn't always unlock. I've googled it but can't see any other posts about central locking/remote key problems...is there an issue with these cars or not ??

Also, I see there's no spare wheel but am wanting to get one for her...has anyone got one for sale local to West Yorkshire ??

The weekend tends to be quiet as everyone is chilling out and doing weekendy type things :kicking::drunk::driving::cheers:

The problem may be either corrosion in the drivers door lock module, a panel off and a good look / spray with WD40 should help.

Was the car originally specced with RCL?, if so then a key provided and coded by a decent Auto Locksmith is often better value than from a dealership.

Cheers Stoney....we don't know if it was originally specced with RCL..how do we find out ??

Also..been back in to Timpsons and the guy has now checked his data and found that a RCL key will be £240 as they have to order them from Ford and then code them :angry: so daughter is now just looking at getting a manual spare key but they still want £60 for one of those depending on the chip !!!

pm me your reg no and i can check if your car has rcl. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club