Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.0 European Map update to F7

avi

Has anyone updated to the latest official Ford UK Sync 3.0 version and then applied the unofficial F7 Map update ?   

I've downloaded the F7 map and voice update files from the Ford servers but not sure if to wait.

No, but surely if an unofficial is out, then the official can't be far away... I hope

12 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

No, but surely if an unofficial is out, then the official can't be far away... I hope

I've  no idea if or when Ford plan to offer this in the UK. I don't even know if it will be free or a dealer chargeable update.

The files come from the "official" Ford same as the Sync 3.0 update.

Yeah it's rediculous really. I actually check Ford site each day and also actually check for this waze update too. Not sure I'll ever buy a dedicated car navigation again.

3 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Yeah it's rediculous really. I actually check Ford site each day and also actually check for this waze update too. Not sure I'll ever buy a dedicated car navigation again.

I had a play with Sygic option the other day but much prefer the integration Ford option.  

Yeah wasn't keen on that one. Waze is good but I don't really like android auto so hoping this update for applink is for android as well as ios.
On the Ford side of things. If you pay for sat navigation it should get updated for free at least twice per year in my opinion for the first 3 years.

17 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

If you pay for sat navigation it should get updated for free at least twice per year in my opinion for the first 3 years.

That would be nice.

Someone in the waze forums in USA saying that their waze on ios updated today and is appearing on their sync3.

I'm hoping there's an android update for this but so far nowt.

My android waze just updated. Will see if sync related after my dinner.

3 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

My android waze just updated. Will see if sync related after my dinner.

My WAZE iPhone app just updated but no change in terms of accessing it via Sync 3.

My WAZE iphone app just updated but no change in terms of accessing it via Sync 3.

Same... Crap. [emoji25]

Beginning to think the person saying it was working on the waze forums was at it, as a few also say they don't get it.

When was the last official update to nav maps on sync 3 or has there never been one?

24 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

When was the last official update to nav maps on sync 3 or has there never been one?

AFAIK there has never been an official map update for Sync 3. There are different map versions installed at the factory depending on the build date, but when I enquired at the dealer I was told there is  no official after build update as yet. 

Thanks. Wasn't sure if there had been one before I got my car.