Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6/.5? Driver's Window

LeonParry

Hi All, 

My Driver's window has packed in, Pertwee and Back have had it apart and said it needed a new motor/regulator. 

What exactly do I need? I'm confused by the variances in parts. Every garage I've spoken to have quoted 350+ parts and about 60 labour. I've been looking on eBay for a second-hand part.

I have a 56 plate Fiesta Zetec S I believe it's the post facelift model? 

Thank you in advance 

Leon

Does the window work or does it make a wrong sound? If it's able to go up and down but makes an odd noise then it could be the regulator. If it does not move when pressing the button then it might be the motor. 

Here's just a few pictures of the work I did on changing the regulator. 

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0181.JPG

I have a 56 plate Fiesta Zetec S I believe it's the post facelift model?   does the question mark mean you are not sure.

If front indicators are in bottom of headlights then it is facelift mk6.5      or indicators are in top of headlights it is mk6 pre-facelfit. 

14 hours ago, isetta said:

I have a 56 plate Fiesta Zetec S I believe it's the post facelift model?   does the question mark mean you are not sure.

If front indicators are in bottom of headlights then it is facelift mk6.5      or indicators are in top of headlights it is mk6 pre-facelfit. 

MK6.5 then. Is the motor and regulator the same for both models or do I need to look for the 6.5 versions? 

Thanks

20180416_092415.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

Does the window work or does it make a wrong sound? If it's able to go up and down but makes an odd noise then it could be the regulator. If it does not move when pressing the button then it might be the motor. 

Here's just a few pictures of the work I did on changing the regulator. 

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0181.JPG

There is no sound at all, I've replaced the switch and still nothing. Do I need the motor and regulator or just the motor? 

Thanks

That is a nice clean example of a MK6.5 ZS. It might be the motor. If there's no sound then it might be the motor gone wrong. Im not entirely sure but it sounds like the motor. There's a guy on eBay selling one off an ST which you can check. I can't see ford making the window motor differennt between the ZS and ST. 

Should be the same between pre and post facelift.  3 door and 5 door are different though, so needs to come from another 3dr.

if you are lucky it might be a wiring connector or something like that. you need to test the voltage at the motor connector.

I think it would be unwise to buy any parts before you have got in the door and checked further.

7 hours ago, isetta said:

if you are lucky it might be a wiring connector or something like that. you need to test the voltage at the motor connector.

I think it would be unwise to buy any parts before you have got in the door and checked further.

My Ford dealer would have checked this as part of their investigation though right? 

Thanks

yeah right! of course they would have! .....not. your local motor factor should sell pattern ones quite cheap.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club