Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control

BJT

Hi

I would like to retrofit Cruise control to my car as I do a lot of motorway driving. Would it be possible to use the cruise control buttons from a pre facelifted fiesta into a facelifted 2015 version.

You can but the button’s lights will be red while the facelift has blue

As said above, the lights are a different colour, have you checked your current wiring to check the car is compatible? 

9 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

You can but the button’s lights will be red while the facelift has blue

Will that effect the operation of the cruise control

9 hours ago, SPRAGGYY said:

As said above, the lights are a different colour, have you checked your current wiring to check the car is compatible? 

No I haven’t do you know what I would need to look for

The loom in the steering whee column needs to have a white and a green/brown wire, if it does then the car has the correct wiring, even then you need to find somewhere to activate it which is the tricky bit 

37 minutes ago, SPRAGGYY said:

The loom in the steering whee column needs to have a white and a green/brown wire, if it does then the car has the correct wiring, even then you need to find somewhere to activate it which is the tricky bit 

You can use forescan to enable it. I’ve used it before for the sat nav and have seen the option for it

13 minutes ago, BJT said:

You can use forescan to enable it. I’ve used it before for the sat nav and have seen the option for it

Fingers crossed the wiring is there then! You can see it when you removed the plastic shroud in front of the wheel, you can see the two wires here on the left.

62959667-F7C0-4851-AB64-248435E0AE08.png

• Like 2

Will the mk7.5 cruise control need the wires + some sensor located near gas pedal? Or are just the wires enough? 

You will need sensors on the brake and clutch pedals too.

40 minutes ago, Jeipii said:

Will the mk7.5 cruise control need the wires + some sensor located near gas pedal? Or are just the wires enough? 

Aslong as your car has the loom as above, all you need is the buttons, loom for the buttons and the steering wheel trim, then it needs programming.

885751_1_orig.jpg

Would this do the trick as required parts if it has the required connector also included?

This is from older model (10-13 mk7) Diesel Fiesta but it looks like it has the same buttons as the mk7.5 Fiesta with cruise control. Can i just detach the the buttons and other stuff and transfer those into my current steering wheel? Im thinking of asking a dealer to do this for me.

46 minutes ago, Jeipii said:

I'm thinking of asking a dealer to do this for me.

You must be rich:tongue:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobr said:

You must be rich:tongue:

Yeah, most of us rich people drive with 3 year old Fiestas :P How can I find out if the required sensors are there in the clutch and brake pedals?

1 hour ago, Jeipii said:

Yeah, most of us rich people drive with 3 year old Fiestas :P How can I find out if the required sensors are there in the clutch and brake pedals?

As far as I’m aware the loom is the same it’s just the colour was changed to a metal, to change then over i removes 3 fasteners from the rear of the wheel to the plastic, popped the air bag out but didn’t disconnect it and just pulled the plastic V out and installed the new one.

As above if the wiring is in the connector on the steering wheel the sensors will all be there 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:25 PM, SPRAGGYY said:

As far as I’m aware the loom is the same it’s just the colour was changed to a metal, to change then over i removes 3 fasteners from the rear of the wheel to the plastic, popped the air bag out but didn’t disconnect it and just pulled the plastic V out and installed the new one.

As above if the wiring is in the connector on the steering wheel the sensors will all be there 

Ok. Thanks for the info. Does the steering wheel in the picture I posted before seem to have the correct wiring? It looks like it has three wires/connectors. One black, one white and one whose colour Im not sure about. Are these the connectors for both, stereo and the cruise control?

I checked my car and it has the correct wiring for the cruise control so I guess I will be ordering used steering wheel soon. 

Any suggestions on what kind of connector should I order to connect the Forscan to the car? I assume it is done by some obd to usb-wire?

You need an ELM327, preferably the one with the Canbus switch mod as it will do more for you in the long run. Look on eBay.  Then you can download Forscan.  The Forscan forum does 2 months "extended" functionality licences (free, you just have to register) which I think you'll need in order to turn on the cruise control option.

I think there's a bluetooth ELM327 as well as a USB version.  I have a USB one and it works great.

Please, please keep us updated as I'm on the verge of doing this mod to my Econetic.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, SPRAGGYY said:

Fingers crossed the wiring is there then! You can see it when you removed the plastic shroud in front of the wheel, you can see the two wires here on the left.

62959667-F7C0-4851-AB64-248435E0AE08.png

My wire loom looks a bit different there are the same amount of wires but the white wire is black on my car. Would you know if it would still be possible?

FB4D66CF-7ACD-4A9B-ACC3-533C91508191.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2018 at 11:16 AM, BJT said:

My wire loom looks a bit different there are the same amount of wires but the white wire is black on my car. Would you know if it would still be possible?

FB4D66CF-7ACD-4A9B-ACC3-533C91508191.jpeg

Just to conclude I removed the airbag and the old steering wheel controls and put the new cruise control one in and then coded it with forescan and it works even though it has a black wire.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club