Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Econetic (1.6 TDCi) Idle speed?

Bigyinuk

Hi all

What should the idle revs be on a 1.6 TDCi Econetic?

Mine idles at about 650rpm when hot and this seems a bit low to me.  The whole car bounces up and down when its idling.

Runs perfectly, no DTCs......

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Am no expert but suspect you're right that 650rpm warm idle is too low, specially if the whole car is bouncing... I've a 2011 econetic and warm tickover is about 750rpm or so. It's hardly silken smooth but just the usual diesel vibration, no bouncing. 

Have no suggestions re why yours is idling low though...sorry :mellow:

In friendship, Blair 

I have econetic 1.5 which is same engine just with 61cc less size.  on rev counter mine looks like 800rpm idle.

what you describe sounds like a Mercedes A170 diesel my brother had. I reckon on that it was not a problem with idle speed as such, it was because one cylinder seemed not to fire properly at idle speed which made the idle speed drop and the engine jolt about.  he drove it like this for a couple of years before giving up on the car due to too many other problems with it.

I suspect you are looking at it from wrong angle. I suspect the idle speed is low because engine is not running properly,  as opposed to the engine bouncing about due low idle speed.

My question was about the idle speed, as in is that low an idle correct for that engine?  Looking carefully at the tacho, I reckon it is more likely about 750rpm so probably about right.

It is noticeably rougher when the car has warmed up but all other aspects of the cars performance are 100pc, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club