Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fakra to RCA....how hard to join/change it.

jace1969

I have a 2011 titanium fiesta with the reverse camera that has broke a good few months ago so taken camera off and put a blank piece there.

The Green Fakra connector has come off so just the end of the lead(seems like copper middle with fine wire around edge).

How hard are these to join to convert into a RCA end as 99% of them have the RCA Female end for video /picture,not a lot of lead to play with like 3 inch as a guess.

Also anyone know the best one to go for as i see a lot of leads on eBay but not the plain ends.

This is the only thing that's stopping me putting a cheaper camera on........Dam plug.

Like these ones,its to convert the Fakra to this end for video/picture.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Metel-High-Quality-RCA-Phono-Female-Socket-Solder-Adapter-Terminal-AV-Audio/161835874348?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I connected the normal rca cable to this fakra (back of the screen) : top right with black rca wire and bottom left with the video wire (yellow in my rca cable). you have the cable already in the tailgate, so I think with a new fakra plug you are able to make the connection

b013ba5f09d9ef6517c7b31f877eb1b8.jpg.cc577cf3861fd22565a8ecedb66273a6.jpg

12 hours ago, trinity_L said:

I connected the normal rca cable to this fakra (back of the screen) : top right with black rca wire and bottom left with the video wire (yellow in my rca cable). you have the cable already in the tailgate, so I think with a new fakra plug you are able to make the connection

b013ba5f09d9ef6517c7b31f877eb1b8.jpg.cc577cf3861fd22565a8ecedb66273a6.jpg

The camera in the tailgate fitted from new broke for the second time but on removal the Fakra end snapped off leaving a blank end so i got me

a cheaper camera but they all come with rca ends (male or female) the new camera works fine as tried it on a old lcd screen but while the wire is blank

i was going to fit a rca end then i will get the camera work on my rear-view-mirror as it was from new,this is a pre-facelift camera setup.

This is what i have to play with so when RCA end comes put it on and then see what goes on.

rear reverse camera wires and video wire is bare..jpg

if this is the cable that arrives at the screen, I think that the central wire is the video wire, and there is an outer mesh that is the black. but I think there is someone who knows more :wink3:

14 hours ago, trinity_L said:

if this is the cable that arrives at the screen, I think that the central wire is the video wire, and there is an outer mesh that is the black. but I think there is someone who knows more :wink3:

Cheers mate that's good to know,i will put the one that sticks out to the center and as you said the mesh type stuff to the clip which i think is the earth.

Another thing that i cant work out,why do you need Ignition Live and Reverse live.

The wires you can see on my picture is (Reverse live/Ignition live and Earth) but sure when you put it into Reverse the picture would work if

only Reverse live connected and of course the Earth.

I have connected the wires with those of the reverse bulb and of course the camera turns on only when you go in reverse. I don't know how it is set the original camera, they are just "suppositions" :D

If you look on my picture you can see the 3 wires 1for earth/1reverse live and 1 ignition live.

i only want it to work in reverse so can i leave the ignition live not connected,these come from the rear-view-mirror fitted from new.

Still get same problem with the picture so will have to start another topic as this one is fitted and done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club