Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17E09 - 1.5L AND 2.0L DURATORQ DE-SULPHURISATION

Furio101

Looked on Etis just now and have this outstanding, anyone else had this done yet. I assume its a software update?

17E09 - 1.5L AND 2.0L DURATORQ DE-SULPHURISATION

its an old recall thats been updated to include later vehicles. just a pcm software update. takes approx 30 mins. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks , got it booked in on Tuesday.

Can anyone advise me what this particular update does?

Thank you.

Niamh

Took mine in Tuesday for update but dealer could not download the file from Ford, rebooked in next Tuesday. Think it's to do with a temperature change in the software that controls DPF Re-gen

So what is the de sulphur part include lol. 

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Due to go in on 17th now, I'll ask what it's for but probably know the answer....

..anyone else had it yet?

On 26/04/2018 at 12:40 PM, Furio101 said:

Took mine in Tuesday for update but dealer could not download the file from Ford

Seems to be common place at the moment with Ford dealerships. Couldn't get my radio fixed because of this the other day!

Update completed in 25min, no issues with car afterwards. Dealer didn't really know what it changed/was for, apparently just a background software update for the DPF. 

• 1 year later...

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A FORD WITH DURATORQ ENGINE - DON'T LET THEM DO THE RECALL 17E09.
The routine De-Sulphurisation recall was carried out on my Mondeo in March 2019 and a fault in the software causes the fuel priming pump to now run continuously when the ignition is on but the engine is not started. The Dealership ran 4 days of diagnostics with Ford, who instructed them to change the sensor and Ford then sent out a Field Technician to investigate the fault who actually reported it to the software supplier, Bosch, and said there would most likely be a another recall in the future. But then when I asked Ford to reinstate the software to the previous version until the fault is corrected, they then took the line that it is meant to be like that after the recall and just lied about it! The recall is to raise the temperature at which the de-sulphurisation occurs and is not supposed to be about the fuel priming pump. So I'm stuck with the car like that even though it's still in warranty. I've been a loyal Ford customer since I bought my first new car in 1987, but no more. I'll NEVER buy a Ford again. Shocking customer service. I understand that things can happen but it's the way they deal with you - denying a problem their own Field Technician has reported! The Customer Relations Team is useless, they're just a postbox and totally ineffectual. I complained to the CEO's office but exactly the same response with a total failure to answer questions about why they conducted all the diagnostics and sent a Field Technician out if it was meant to be like this after the recall. No accountability! I'm currently escalating to the Motor Ombudsman just to get some answers.

Anyone had a similar experience?

• Sad 1

On 7/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, JohnMondeo said:

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A FORD WITH DURATORQ ENGINE - DON'T LET THEM DO THE RECALL 17E09.
The routine De-Sulphurisation recall was carried out on my Mondeo in March 2019 and a fault in the software causes the fuel priming pump to now run continuously when the ignition is on but the engine is not started. The Dealership ran 4 days of diagnostics with Ford, who instructed them to change the sensor and Ford then sent out a Field Technician to investigate the fault who actually reported it to the software supplier, Bosch, and said there would most likely be a another recall in the future. But then when I asked Ford to reinstate the software to the previous version until the fault is corrected, they then took the line that it is meant to be like that after the recall and just lied about it! The recall is to raise the temperature at which the de-sulphurisation occurs and is not supposed to be about the fuel priming pump. So I'm stuck with the car like that even though it's still in warranty. I've been a loyal Ford customer since I bought my first new car in 1987, but no more. I'll NEVER buy a Ford again. Shocking customer service. I understand that things can happen but it's the way they deal with you - denying a problem their own Field Technician has reported! The Customer Relations Team is useless, they're just a postbox and totally ineffectual. I complained to the CEO's office but exactly the same response with a total failure to answer questions about why they conducted all the diagnostics and sent a Field Technician out if it was meant to be like this after the recall. No accountability! I'm currently escalating to the Motor Ombudsman just to get some answers.

Wow, keep us posted mate and good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a 2017 focus tdci, it went in last year for an interior seat fault. They never mentioned about doing any updates, but what I have noticed is my engine oil is rising, its booked in next week to see why, I will ask if the update has already been done when I take it in.

• 6 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, mercman02 said:

I've got a 2017 focus tdci, it went in last year for an interior seat fault. They never mentioned about doing any updates, but what I have noticed is my engine oil is rising, its booked in next week to see why, I will ask if the update has already been done when I take it in.

Hi

Did you find out if it was the update that caused your oil to rise. I'm about to have it done this weekend. 

Car currently runs like a dream. Would hate it to play up just cause of an update. 

• 7 months later...

Hi peeps I’m about to have my second m.o.t.  On 21st nov & they’ve said we will also carry out the recall sulphurisation f.o.c. Is this anything to worry About and do you loose all your data from screen? Thanks guys👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 1:26 PM, Feebee said:

Hi peeps I’m about to have my second m.o.t.  On 21st nov & they’ve said we will also carry out the recall sulphurisation f.o.c. Is this anything to worry About and do you loose all your data from screen? Thanks guys👍

• 2 months later...

Hi all. just found out about this recall & wondered if Ford have sorted all the issues above & gremlins with the update . or whether to leave it as is. as it currently runs fine. As they say it it aint broke dont fix it].

On 1/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, PRL said:

Hi all. just found out about this recall & wondered if Ford have sorted all the issues above & gremlins with the update . or whether to leave it as is. as it currently runs fine. As they say it it aint broke dont fix it].

I don't think a car can pass the latest MOT regs if it has any outstanding recalls, so if your car is eligible you might not have a choice as to whether you have it done or not.  

Plus, other than this thread (which hasn't exactly been busy with folk posting about issues with the update) I don't recall seeing may (if any) other posts regarding the update/possible update issues etc.

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, JohnMondeo said:

Could you let me know if you have it sorted now as I have same problem

Could you let me know if it's sorted now as I have same problem thanks

• 4 months later...

Mine is due in for the recall on Monday. Will it wipe the tune I had done via the ECU?

6 hours ago, Steve.C said:

Will it wipe the tune I had done via the ECU?

If Ford realise you have changed the ECU programme they will walk away from it and not do the recall

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club