Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 2nd Gear Whine

Eco_2909

Morning!

My Fiesta Ecoboost [100ps] appears to have a fairly faint whine in 2nd gear ONLY [all other gears are fine].  Weirdly after about 2.5k rpm its gone [whine noise peaks at about 2k rpm and dies off after that]..!? Not anywhere near as loud as the straight cut whine of reverse either and there is no issues getting the car into gear - going up or down the gearbox. Doesn't cause a problem at all just slightly irritating it is there more than anything [don't even really hear it with the radio on either]. The car isn't high mileage either.  Thoughts..?  Cheers :smile:

Hey,

My 2014 125ps also seems to have this whine - I noticed it shortly after buying the car two years and 40,000+ miles ago and it hasn’t become any louder, and I have no gearbox issues, so I reckon this is just a characteristic of this gearbox. If anything it sounds a little sporty to me, so I kind of like it! :D

Hope that helps :)

I too have a whine at the point you mentioned (2nd gear, ~2000rpm).

I never gave this a second thought, and assumed it was a perfectly healthy noise from the engine/gearbox/turbo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club