Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extremely 1st world problem

The Latman

After the Latmobile being buried up to her bonnet in snow a couple of weeks back, I had discovered the dreaded 'ice on the inside of window' irritant.  I'm now left with an annoying watermark all over the interior windscreen.

Cleaning the inside of a windscreen is perhaps the most hated task I ever have to do, I have been known to leave slight marks on the inside just to not clean it, but this is faaaaar too annoying...and distracting.

Any recommendations for an easy to use (and we're talking VERY easy to use  that requires MINIMAL elbow grease!!) product that delivers great results (with minimal streaking!)

Another option is if anybody can do it for me.......Not asking too much am I....

:laugh:

• Haha 1

Just get a new screen tbh, that ones ruined now! :tongue: 

Trouble with windscreens on newer cars is that there's so much dashboard in the way and you have to try and get in awkward positions to clean it.  I just use a supermarket glass cleaner but some people say that they leave a film on the screen and to only use car specific ones like AG Fast Glass.  Also make sure you've got a lint free cloth, fluff everywhere is nearly as bad as streaks! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just get a new screen tbh, that ones ruined now! :tongue: 

Trouble with windscreens on newer cars is that there's so much dashboard in the way and you have to try and get in awkward positions to clean it.  I just use a supermarket glass cleaner but some people say that they leave a film on the screen and to only use car specific ones like AG Fast Glass.  Also make sure you've got a lint free cloth, fluff everywhere is nearly as bad as streaks! :laugh: 

I actually had a Focus that had some really horrible greasy marks on the inside, a few weeks later it got a nasty stone chip on the exterior, when Auto Widnscreens came out, I convinced him to swap it out.......HATE cleaning windscreens  :D

Thanks for the advice btw

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Latman said:

I actually had a Focus that had some really horrible greasy marks on the inside, a few weeks later it got a nasty stone chip on the exterior, when Auto Widnscreens came out, I convinced him to swap it out.......HATE cleaning windscreens  :D

Thanks for the advice btw

Lol, I don't know how screens end up so greasy on the inside...how hard is it not to touch it?  Though that said, I'll never forget a Mk1 Mondeo my Dad bought used...footprints on the screen, stiletto marks in the roof and a recorded casette of R.Kelly - Ignition Remix in the stereo... :unsure: :laugh: 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I don't know how screens end up so greasy on the inside...how hard is it not to touch it?  Though that said, I'll never forget a Mk1 Mondeo my Dad bought used...footprints on the screen, stiletto marks in the roof and a recorded casette of R.Kelly - Ignition Remix in the stereo... :unsure: :laugh: 

HAHAHAHA!

Hot water and vinegar polish of with kitchen paper, squeaky clean.

• Like 2

On 20/04/2018 at 9:45 PM, pragmatix said:

Hot water and vinegar polish of with kitchen paper, squeaky clean.

My wife said that as well.......might give that a try..... :-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club