Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 fiesta, door seals and window trim issues.

Just noticed a couple of problems with my car as I was closing my door earlier.

(added some photos so you can see)

1) The rubber seals have come away from the inside of the door, not fully but at least 2 or 3 inches (on both sides)

2) The black trim that on the frame of the windows seems to have pulled out or bubbled away. I initially thought it may be due to the wind deflectors, but I can't see how, and if it was surely it would be along the whole frame.

Anyone else had these issues and know if it's something I can go back to the dealer to sort out?

fe8a6494052f201322e1d6497efe86b7.jpg80d9953eedfc5a41633a1842829542f5.jpgf643db9651b778c53154a9fbb9dddac7.jpg9438d1075ee5dde372b28bdbbe39f6a5.jpg843c86ae3f311db406cf0116c71da4a2.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

That don't look to pleasant.

What year is it?

What have you cleaned them or polished them with? Looks like a reaction to something maybe? Has it just happened in the warm weather?

Dealer will probably blame the cleaning method, product or aftermarket deflectors.

Hi, my black rubber door trim came away from passenger door, i had just bought car so was one of a couple

of niggles which they fixed ! all ford mechanic did was stick it back with double sided tape,said thats how its fixed!!!

been okay ever since !! should be able to get industrial quality of eBay !!?

My rubber door seal on the passenger side did exactly the same thing. I noticed whilst in the garage viewing the car and I was told it would be fixed when I picked it up. Their way of fixing’ it was to use double sided sticky tabs. Which obviously didn’t work as it came loose again a few days later. I just used tiger seal so it won’t come away from the door anymore.

That don't look to pleasant.
What year is it?
What have you cleaned them or polished them with? Looks like a reaction to something maybe? Has it just happened in the warm weather?
Dealer will probably blame the cleaning method, product or aftermarket deflectors.
Nothing other than diamondbrite shampoo and conserver which was supplied as the car was treated with diamondbrite as a deal when I purchased the car. Its weird. I think its only happened since warm weather :/ I might have a go at fixing it myself.

Sent using Tapatalk

My rubber door seal on the passenger side did exactly the same thing. I noticed whilst in the garage viewing the car and I was told it would be fixed when I picked it up. Their way of fixing’ it was to use double sided sticky tabs. Which obviously didn’t work as it came loose again a few days later. I just used tiger seal so it won’t come away from the door anymore.

Yeah it's bugging me, i only noticed as there was a gap as I closed the door. Checked the other door and exactly the same issue. I will give tiger seal ago. Cheers.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi, my black rubber door trim came away from passenger door, i had just bought car so was one of a couple
of niggles which they fixed ! all ford mechanic did was stick it back with double sided tape,said thats how its fixed!!!
been okay ever since !! should be able to get industrial quality of ebay !!?
Cheers Steve.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah it's bugging me, i only noticed as there was a gap as I closed the door. Checked the other door and exactly the same issue. I will give tiger seal ago. Cheers.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely give it ago and see how you get on. You probably won’t end up with black hands for a week like I did either [emoji23]
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club