Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo's buggered I'm sure

Michael9

The blades don't spin at all (mk6 1.4 tdci) I got a finger just to touch them and it's solid...rebuild time. Looking on the bay I'm seeing the names kp for mine, are they any good or should I stick to garret or best to get mine rebuilt local if I can.

You're right, it's a KKK turbo, not a Garrett on the 1.4.  KP35 I think.

As it's non VNT it'll be easy enough to rebuild.  Best to get a quote for a rebuild and weigh that against a refurb or used part imo.

One thing puzzles me....I'll probably get a new one but..

The same kp35 can be bought new from £90 + but they've all got different part numbers, mine is 54351014861 but there's nothing with these ones yet look identical. I put these numbers and was only one and was dam near 300 so can I get one at 100 odd or does it need to the one 300 ie exact same numbers.

I known you said about a rebuild kit and would normally have did that but the blades being seized and the housing probably scored to hell I thought just get new.

KP35 is the model of turbo, it'll be made in various sizes for different makes and models of car, so you need the correct version for your car.

KP35 is a 'range' of turbos so it does need to be the right one unfortunately.  Use this part number and there are a few for around £100 on eBay, I can't say how good the quality will be though. 

5435-970-0009

I got a couple of emails for new ones on the bay £103 and 110, I know I don't know about "quality" either. Thing is the one that's on is probably the original and through neglect ect has gave up so that's 14yrs old and 95000 later, I'm sure had it been looked after and serviced better it would probably still be going. I'll probably take the chance on another and see how it goes especially after the local breakers want 80 for one out a car with 177000 on it ffs. He did say to check it first and if not happy he'd just bin it but for extra 25ish I'll get a new one.