Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Collision without Active Cruise Control

eDGeDout18

Hello all, picked up my new Edge Sport this week and getting used to driving it, really enjoying it although it's not as fast as the ones I have driven in the US.

I noticed that my car has pre-collision assist even though it shouldn't as I checked fordetis for my vehicle and its specified as " Less Collision Mitigation System" 

I have red lights on the HUD which light up when things get close.

Im counting this as a bonus but wanted to know if others out there have seen additions like this on their Edge.

would like to have adaptive cruise control now but I guess that's not possible as an aftermarket option.

also on fordetis I see that my car is listed with 230PS "Edge 2015-, 2.0L DOHC CR DSL 230PS MID" shouldn't that read 210PS, my build is April 2017

great site and learned so much already from the forum.

thanks 

Mines listed the same as yours  .....

Engine: 2.0L DOHC CR DSL 230PS MID    ??

Active City Stop is what you have and it’s standard.  The pre-collision assist is an option using the cruise control to monitor your speed versus other vehicles when cruise control is activated so you don’t run into vehicles in front, particularly if they slow down.  

@eDGeDout18 The Edge is the US is most popular with the 2.7 litre Ecoboost V6 engine.  There is no comparison between the performance of that against the 2.0 litre diesel we get, but then the price of fuel across the pond is much cheaper than here, so easier to afford the upkeep of your gas guzzler.

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like I do have pre-collision assist as confirmed with my local ford, seems to have been an error at the factory when it was built. It doesn't have adaptive cruise control though but they said it may be possible to add it with a few changes as the main sensors and brake assist are already there. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club