Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 ecoboost 180bhp

axesuso

Hi!

I've been speaking to numerous companies with very good name, and all in common state that the limit to the 1.0 ecoboost output is 180bhp approx. The following mods needed are:

-High flow induction kit

-Uprated intercooler

-High flow exhaust with decat / sports cat

- And obviously a remap.

All of the companies also assure is a safe power output and no sacrifice in reliability. Im right now with bluefin, im not sure if slowly i get the mods installed the power will increase? bluefin state about 150bhp, even if it gets it to around 160 - 165bhp im happy, and would keep the map. Going to email them and check, because they recommend the map with car completely stock. 

Otherwise, whats your opinion about this power on this little ecoBEAST? im quite doubtful, i feel its a lot of power to extract from a small 1.0 litre. Anyone here with such power? or similar?

Thaanks!!

I’m no expert so please excuse me if these are stupid questions but would the brakes need to be upgraded, and the clutch, and the gearbox? I’m not sure the standard parts would cope with the 80% power increase. What kind of torque would that be putting out? You would be better off getting a decent small car already putting that kind of power out as standard with the OEM parts to match and then mapping that to go up by a reasonable 20-30% surely? 

80% increase over the standard 100bhp engine, which has the same workings as the 125 just a different map AFAIK. Wouldn’t mind seeing one of these little things pushing 180 though lol

Mountune obviously have the MR165 map for the Mk7.5 Ecoboost which isn't warranty friendly and requires the larger intercooler and several hoses to be changed:

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-1-0t/products/fiesta-b299fox-mr165-power-upgrade-kit

I believe @Willy had the MR165 map on his Mk7.5 before he got his 5 door Mk7 ST.

**Edit**

I notice that he's just posted in the Mountune 165R thread here with an update for the Cat Back exhaust as well:

The gearboxes don't like too much tourqe put through them and over the long term have been known to fail if abused.

I indeed ran Mountune's MR165 on my 125ps Titanium X and over the 40k miles I ran it the car had no issues. I'd highly recommend the Mountune MR kit.

The reason i open this thread is because i too doubt that stock parts like clutch and gearbox will handle that power. But then again, i have asked good reputation companies and all of them state about  180bhp. It would be really nice if someone in the forum has that much power and can tell about it!

I know its better to get a st and remap it stage 1 but the matter is that the maintenance of this little 999cc its so damn cheap that if its possible to extract some nice extra power it would be a perfect day to day car with good power and low tax, insurance, etc. 

@Willy is there much difference from bluefin to MR165? Also i have told that it isnt compatible with an aftermarket exhaust ?

thanks to all for your answers! 

• Like 1

I think that, if you boosted it to 180 bhp, your insurance would go through the roof.

• Like 1

Get yourself the ST. The additional preventative servicing it'd be advisable to do to on your 180bhp 1.0 EcoBoost would offset the additional ST servicing costs. Plus you'd have the ST with all the bells and whistles that go with it. And it'd be easier to sell. Try moving a heavily modified 1.0 EcoBoost on the used car market. Especially when it is developing a reputation for going bang rather suddenly anyway.

Putting that much work into a car that you can better for less with one off the shelf, and for better value in the long run, makes no sense. And if you get bored, you still have room to turn up the taps later on whereas you're at the limit with the 1.0...

14 hours ago, axesuso said:

The reason i open this thread is because i too doubt that stock parts like clutch and gearbox will handle that power. But then again, i have asked good reputation companies and all of them state about  180bhp. It would be really nice if someone in the forum has that much power and can tell about it!

I know its better to get a st and remap it stage 1 but the matter is that the maintenance of this little 999cc its so damn cheap that if its possible to extract some nice extra power it would be a perfect day to day car with good power and low tax, insurance, etc. 

@Willy is there much difference from bluefin to MR165? Also i have told that it isnt compatible with an aftermarket exhaust ?

thanks to all for your answers! 

Price is a major difference.

Bluefin offer around 150 bhp from what I remember where as Mountune 165. It's always a good idea to upgrade other components at the same time which bluefin doesn't offer.

If you want components to fit perfectly without any cutting or modification then Mountune is the company to consider. 

Mountune only recommend there own components to "guarantee" there figures but there's nothing stopping you adding other parts.

Mountune are probably the most expensive of all the tuning companies but use better quality components in my opinion.

The last thing to add about Mountune is there parts are often out of stock. if you go down that route then be prepared for a long wait for stock.

• Like 1

@Bobr Insurance doesnt have to know :rolleyes:

@Willy I love mountune, the way the products are finished and made. But you are right, most of the products are out of stock, and the shipping to my place kills me, damn expensive. Just to mod something so simple like hoses i have to think 20 times because of the costs of shipping, etc. Where i live, there is nothing like tuning companies or shops :sad:

Confused right now... dont know what to do at the moment.

Thanks to all for your answers!

I have all the MR165 hardware less the handset and map (IC from Willy). But I run the Bluefin tune as it’s removeable whereas the Mountune one isn’t. I live in a hot place so the IC is essential I think even for the Stage 1. The hoses and hardpipe can only enhance the responsiveness of the Bluefin tune and maybe even add a bit of power, if the Mountune advertising is to be believed.  If I did it again I’d probably go with Revo but I’d run the Mountune hardware if I still had a warranty.  Otherwise most manufacturers hoses and hard pipes are pretty similar. 

I’m glad you’re not in the UK @axesuso, I’m sure you are a great guy but I don’t really have much time for people that cheat their insurance companies. I’ve seen first hand what being involved in an accident with someone that has their insurance void because of a lie can do, it can destroy lives

• Thanks 1

Put two engines together and make a V6 with 280 HP instead! :D

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’m glad you’re not in the UK @axesuso, I’m sure you are a great guy but I don’t really have much time for people that cheat their insurance companies. I’ve seen first hand what being involved in an accident with someone that has their insurance void because of a lie can do, it can destroy lives

Chill dude i was being ironic. My insurance is aware of my mods. But sometimes it makes me really angry the abusive prices, at least where i live. Dont know about UK. 

@ThaiFiesta hey! And what power output do you have? Same 150bhp or more? I would really like to know as i dont mind at all keeping the bluefin map but also would like to add some mods!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, axesuso said:

@Bobr Insurance doesnt have to know :rolleyes:

That is a stupid attitude.   If you have an accident and seriously injure someone your car will be inspected by an assessor.   He will find out what you have done and your insurance will be invalid.   You won't drive again for the rest of your life as you won't be able to afford a car in future.

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

That is a stupid attitude.   If you have an accident and seriously injure someone your car will be inspected by an assessor.   He will find out what you have done and your insurance will be invalid.   You won't drive again for the rest of your life as you won't be able to afford a car in future.

Read up T_T. Anyways here things are different, you can even remap your car under warranty and take it to ford official dealer and they wont even realize. They even dont know whats a “remap” 

13 hours ago, axesuso said:

@ThaiFiesta hey! And what power output do you have? Same 150bhp or more? I would really like to know as i dont mind at all keeping the bluefin map but also would like to add some mods!

I haven’t had it dyno’d so I’m not sure. The fuel here (Thailand) is max 95 and I’m sure not the best, so not sure the tube can even run at its maximum output without pulling tuning advance. I feel your pain regarding import costs for mods. Shipping and taxes are too high. 

I don't think the £ per hp makes sense when trying to shoot for 180hp from the 1.0. Remap to 150/160hp certainly, but you are looking at spending a good 1.5-2k on top to get that extra 20-25bhp. And the cheaper maintenance of a stock 1.0 vs the ST will easily be offset by the additional care you will need to take (preventative, as someone above mentioned), as well as the much increased likelihood of blowing up the gearbox/clutch which you will need to factor in (always wise to have a rainy day fund for these things when modding cars!).

My advice, enjoy your car with the approx. 150bhp it has. 20hp isn't going to make it that much more fun. I've owned an E46 M3 with 345hp (and driven various race cars), and believe me you can have just as much fun with 150 if you use it right. Take the mod money, get some decent tyres, go to a track day and learn how to drive it properly. Honestly you probably aren't even getting close to the limits of the 150hp you have unless you have some racing experience. Learn how to heel/toe, learn how to trail brake and balance the car on the limit, and all that other good stuff. Then one day, when you can afford a serious bit of kit, you'll be able to get the most out of it! :) Just my 2 cents.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club