Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mobile Wifi

Toonami

I've got myself a mobile wifi router and am planning on stashing in it the headlining above the rear view mirror (hopefully being high up will receive a better signal).

I know some others on here have mobile wifi and wondered what you have done. :-)

2 hours ago, Toonami said:

I've got myself a mobile wifi router and am planning on stashing in it the headlining above the rear view mirror (hopefully being high up will receive a better signal).

I know some others on here have mobile wifi and wondered what you have done. :-)

I just use the hotspot on my phone.  Keeps the family happy on long journeys.

I use my mobile hotspot in the car, in the sense that it’s connected. Can I then connect an iPad to the car and share data. If so, what is the difference in connecting the iPad directly to my phone like I usually would?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I use my mobile hotspot in the car, in the sense that it’s connected. Can I then connect an iPad to the car and share data. If so, what is the difference in connecting the iPad directly to my phone like I usually would?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only difference is you will be using a different sim (phone v car), hence depending on your phone sim plan, it may be more cost effective to use the phone to avoid another airtime cost. 

My phone sim plan (Three) has a pretty big data allowance and allows tethering i.e. allows other devices to share my phone data allowance, including the car itself. It also happens to be great with data performance most of the time.

On 24/04/2018 at 6:59 PM, avi said:

I normally do that but keep forgetting to turn it on when I get in the car.  :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Toonami said:

I normally do that but keep forgetting to turn it on when I get in the car.  :wacko:

lol So do I.  Tethered 12GB last time we went on hols.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club