Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflectors?

EddyOS

Anyone use them?

I've always had them on previous cars, and I do like them, but I've always had first-party items that either use clips (e.g. my old Honda Civic) to attach to the outside or stick onto the door (e.g. my old 206 GTi).

I know Ford don't do first-party ones but officially sell the ClimAir ones, but as these are 'in-channel' items are they any good?

imagejpg14_zpsa9af1348.jpg

96291X.jpg

Anyone use them?
I've always had them on previous cars, and I do like them, but I've always had first-party items that either use clips (e.g. my old Honda Civic) to attach to the outside or stick onto the door (e.g. my old 206 GTi).
I know Ford don't do first-party ones but officially sell the ClimAir ones, but as these are 'in-channel' items are they any good?
imagejpg14_zpsa9af1348.thumb.jpg.4f864f391bfa85c79a9bd6845da3d2d3.jpg
96291X.jpg.26aeb5709c2908aa8507446978801690.jpg

You can also get Team Heko ones which are also ‘in channel’ ones. I think Climair or a little more expensive but not much difference to the TH ones, if any.

Pros; Styling, No rain drips in when Window ajar, Leave Window down a little when parked, Eliminate the wind buffeting when the window open at speed

Cons; Windows can take a bit of fiddling with to get them to stay closed -anti pinch, Extra wind noise while driving, clips can potentially scratch the window, Some people say it creates an obstruction in the field of view.

I took mine off because I didn’t like the wind noise, I do miss the aesthetics though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

You can also get Team Heko ones which are also ‘in channel’ ones. I think Climair or a little more expensive but not much difference to the TH ones, if any.

Pros; Styling, No rain drips in when Window ajar, Leave Window down a little when parked, Eliminate the wind buffeting when the window open at speed

Cons; Windows can take a bit of fiddling with to get them to stay closed -anti pinch, Extra wind noise while driving, clips can potentially scratch the window, Some people say it creates an obstruction in the field of view.

I took mine off because I didn’t like the wind noise, I do miss the aesthetics though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have also found some 'stick on' ones on eBay, which are more in keeping with the 206 ones. No idea what they're like, though, but I prefer the look on the car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-HATCHBACK-5-DOOR-MODEL-MK2-2005-2011-WIND-RAIN-DEFLECTORS/183161109311

May give these a go first as they're cheap

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I found turning the radio up a tad worked a treat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Diastolic said:

I found turning the radio up a tad worked a treat. 

I found myself doing the same, it also helps to drown out the ‘sat nav’ next to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, agree totally with Jonro with pros and cons. Hekos on my mk3 and if there was less wind noise I'd be totally for them!

• Like 1

Team Heko on mine. Same for the pros and cons. A bit noisy as speed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a set of Heko ones and didn't like them.  Found it made the large pillar blind spot even larger, could lose an entire slow car on a roundabout.  They also kept setting off the anti trap on the one touch closing, despite resetting the windows.  Removed them after a week and sold them on.

• Thanks 1

I think I'll give those ones on eBay a blast as they stick to the frame so shouldn't affect the opening/shutting of the windows. Thanks for the input guys

I can say I've never had an issue with mine and the windows. Never got stuck or anything. Also for the mk3 there's a cut out near the front of the front ones to minimise that blindspot.

21 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

I can say I've never had an issue with mine and the windows. Never got stuck or anything. Also for the mk3 there's a cut out near the front of the front ones to minimise that blindspot.

Yes and the mk3 ones fit the mk3.5 too. 

Can’t fit those stick on deflectors to a mk3+ as the top window seal is the top of the door. 

4 minutes ago, Rumblestrip said:

Can’t fit those stick on deflectors to a mk3+ as the top window seal is the top of the door. 

I have a MK2, so it's not an issue! :wink:

10 minutes ago, Rumblestrip said:

Yes and the mk3 ones fit the mk3.5 too. 

I messaged the seller yesterday and he said that they have the ones that go on the mk3.5

no link to the correct item though, I’m waiting to hear back from him. 

I've ordered the eBay ones for my car, getting delivered to my local Argos as chances are I'll be out/at work when they arrive. Will update accordingly once received/fitted

Mk3/3.5 owners - I'd get THESE if they were available for my car. Much like the Civic ones I used to have, stick on and plastic rivets. No idea if available in the UK, though

2 hours ago, EddyOS said:

I've ordered the eBay ones for my car, getting delivered to my local Argos as chances are I'll be out/at work when they arrive. Will update accordingly once received/fitted

Mk3/3.5 owners - I'd get THESE if they were available for my car. Much like the Civic ones I used to have, stick on and plastic rivets. No idea if available in the UK, though

Team Heko aren’t permanent and easily removed. 

TBH, so are they with a bit of adhesive removal spray

I finally went and collected the eBay deflectors, but we have an issue! The front deflector has nowhere to anchor at the end nearest the wing mirror, and the 3M tape would stick to the window if you actually used it so looks like whoever designed them didn't think it through enough!

I could try and modify them to fit properly, and it wouldn't take a lot of work, but it's just annoying that they're not right in the first place!

EDIT: Apparently I have to loosen the wing mirror housing and they sit just behind it, which would make sense as the 3M strip would stick to the metal. Going to have a look this evening. How easy is it to remove the tweeter housing on the inside of the car? Never had to do it before so don't want to break any clips!

Should have went for the team heko ones. They just slot in the window channel :tongue:

• Like 1

I may still go for them, or even the genuine Ford/ClimAir ones (I'm a stickler for OEM). Gonna see how these go first, they were cheap enough

7 hours ago, EddyOS said:

I may still go for them, or even the genuine Ford/ClimAir ones (I'm a stickler for OEM). Gonna see how these go first, they were cheap enough

I’m interested to see what they look like when they are fitted by a customer rather than on a company website. The seller said the mk3.5 ones will be on his page soon so if they are any good I may take a punt on them. If you have time could you take a couple of pics and let us know about wind noise and aesthetics please

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’m interested to see what they look like when they are fitted by a customer rather than on a company website. The seller said the mk3.5 ones will be on his page soon so if they are any good I may take a punt on them. If you have time could you take a couple of pics and let us know about wind noise and aesthetics please

I will do my best! May get them done this evening (weather permitting), otherwise it'll be the weekend

• Like 1

So, attempted the drivers side front door this evening. It didn't go to plan.

Trying to mount it behind the wing mirror just doesn't fit properly as the wing mirror base isn't contoured properly so it doesn't sit flush. The deflector should really sit on top of the base and be moulded to sit over it. Now, I may try again but I reckon I'll just end up breaking clips or warping the plastics so I think I'm gonna leave it alone and got OEM or Heko. Glad they were only £17 now!

Disappointing as it was the style I preferred over in-channel ones :sad:

So I ended up getting the ClimAir front deflectors (will get rear at some point). Euro Car Parts had them on offer and although I wasn't expecting them until Tuesday they turned up this morning. Got them on the car, although I did have some issues with the auto finger detection not allowing the window to go up. All sorted now though.

Will get some photos up once I fit the 'new' bonnet I've got (once I collect it from the seller)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club