Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Barrel Lock

ADBS65

Last night some a*******s tried to steal my 2014 Fiesta Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost off my drive. They removed the plastic cover off the drivers door handle and have inserted a screwdriver into the “emergency” door barrel lock to try and open the door. This failed but while i can still insert my emergency key in the barrel it now just rotates and does nothing. 

Do I just need a new lock and keys or is it likely they have done more damage. The keyless and fob all work ok. 

I have looked on the web but can’t seem to find anyone who supplies a door lock and keys. Any advice please. 

Thanks

Andy

"Go through your insurance company. "   well it's not that simple due to No Claims Discount considerations and Excess considerations.

Do it yourself? Depends a bit on whether you are handy with a screwdriver etc.

I would take the inside door trim off (I know that is not as easy as it was on cars 25 years ago) and see what's going on where the look barrel connects to a rod or something else inside the door.

On older cars you could unclip the rod, slide the clip off the end of the lock barrel , push it out, slide new one in and put clip back on and clip the rod back on in next to no time.

I will have a go this weekend. All the “potential” parts from Ford come to £125 + vat which is less than my excess. If i claim then my insurance goes up and they get their money back anyway. 

The parts guy told me to take the lock from the door which is quite straight forward apparently and go from there. A barrel is around £40 and a key another £20. Only goes up if other parts damaged. Won’t know until strip down!

thanks for the advice

Andy

I think i am losing my mind! I am certain that my 2014 Fiesta Titanium x had a plastic cover over the emergency  key barrel on the drivers door so you couldn’t see the barrel. This would explain why the theives removed it so they could get access to stick a screwdriver in the barrel to force the lock. However I cannot find an image anywhere that shows this, all door trim covers show the end of the barrel protruding so you could stick the key in. Am i wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club