Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 trim levels.

dtulip8

Hi everyone,

My mate is looking at getting a MK2 as a first car, but his budget means he's looking more at the lower end trim levels. He's confused by the difference between the Studio, LX, Sport and Style models. I know my Zetec adds sporty seats and suspension and my Climate pack gives me the Quickclear screen. He also says there's a difference between pre-2007 and 2007-08 non facelift models but I have no idea what he's talking about? So basically, what does each trim level add to the last and is there a difference between the pre and post 2007 non facelift Mk2's?

From Wikipedia....

• Studio (Base model)
  • LX (as Studio, adds air-conditioning)
  • Style (as LX, adds alloy-style wheel trims, front fog lights and a sports steering wheel)
  • Sport (as Style, adds alloy wheels)
  • Zetec (as Sport, adds Sport Suspension, sport seats and various interior/exterior styling enhancements)
  • Zetec Climate (as Zetec, adds Quickclear heated front windscreen)
  • Ghia (adds auto-dimming rear-view mirror, Quickclear heated front windscreen, front fog lights, a number of interior styling enhancements and only model to have cruise control as standard)
  • Titanium (adds Sony CD/MP3 player as standard, privacy glass and sports seats)

Hope this helps :smile:

• Thanks 1

You can find the full MK2 brochure HERE

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Michael1980 said:

From Wikipedia....

• Studio (Base model)
  • LX (as Studio, adds air-conditioning)
  • Style (as LX, adds alloy-style wheel trims, front fog lights and a sports steering wheel)
  • Sport (as Style, adds alloy wheels)
  • Zetec (as Sport, adds Sport Suspension, sport seats and various interior/exterior styling enhancements)
  • Zetec Climate (as Zetec, adds Quickclear heated front windscreen)
  • Ghia (adds auto-dimming rear-view mirror, Quickclear heated front windscreen, front fog lights, a number of interior styling enhancements and only model to have cruise control as standard)
  • Titanium (adds Sony CD/MP3 player as standard, privacy glass and sports seats)

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks, wasn't sure how accurate Wikipedia was and didn't want to give him mis-information. For some reason I thought Style models had alloys, guess those "alloy style trims" fooled me!

38 minutes ago, EddyOS said:

You can find the full MK2 brochure HERE

Thank you, have been looking for this for ages! Didn't want to fork out for a physical copy on eBay.

2 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Thank you, have been looking for this for ages! Didn't want to fork out for a physical copy on ebay.

Took me a while to find it too, wanted to see what options my car has on it (turns out quite a few!)

23 minutes ago, EddyOS said:

Took me a while to find it too, wanted to see what options my car has on it (turns out quite a few!)

The only options mine has are isofix points and metallic paint (since been scratched to hell by previous owner)!

From what I can gather, I have (on top of standard Ghia spec):

Optional 18" alloy wheels (kerbed to hell, need a refurb), silver/leather gear knob and silver handbrake cover, Sony 6-CD radio and 'premium' Speakers, metallic paint (Tonic Blue), rear parking sensors

So 'Sport' came without sports suspension...  Makes sense... :laugh:

Where did you find that brochure?  I'd be interested in a mk2.5 one if there is one?  :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

So 'Sport' came without sports suspension...  Makes sense... :laugh:

Where did you find that brochure?  I'd be interested in a mk2.5 one if there is one?  :biggrin:

As if by magic!

MK2.5 (2008)

MK2.5 (2010)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My mates made his purchase, a grey 2007 Style with optional alloys. Got it off a friend for £1200 with 73k on the clock. Reckon he got a good deal? Here it is parked next to mine:

BC38C43E-7470-404B-ABAF-C510C107A36E.jpeg

Premium Speakers! That made me laugh. Ford's idea of premium is alot different to mine, when mine were removed I saw nowt premium about them. But gd post explainung the different trim levels. I agree with previous post, sports trim didn't come with sport Suppension!?? 

3 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

Premium speakers! That made me laugh. Ford's idea of premium is alot different to mine, when mine were removed I saw nowt premium about them. But gd post explainung the different trim levels. I agree with previous post, sports trim didn't come with sport Suppension!?? 

The premium Speakers use a plastic cone.  The poverty ones use a paper cone so there is a difference.

For a mid 00s hatch I thought the standard Titanium audio was pretty good myself, not as good as Bose or Hardon Karmon but not as bad as the usual standard rubbish lol.

I know they are different. Still built to a budget though even sold as premium Speakers.. yes the sound quality wasn't bad but once I heard my music from my new system it was world's apart. But yes I agree better than the stock stuff used. 

I have the 'premium' Speakers in my MK2 Ghia, the facelift Titanium 'premium' Speakers are apparently Pioneer.

I assume the Titanium replaced the Ghia, correct?

They had ford branding on mine when were removed, as previous post says they were plastic, but not 'premium' in my opinion

Think it did replace it yes

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure about this brochure. Says Ghia has autowipers and auto-dimming rear view mirror but mine doesn't have those.

Most reliable is VIN decoder like https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do. This other gives me an error now: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/

I have both (definitely the auto-dimming rear view mirror, not so sure on the wipers as I always turn them on myself when it rains!)

On a related note - how are the auto headlights meat to work? Are they meant to swap from dipped to main beam when in the dark?

EDIT: OK, wipers do work. You just do one click up on the stalk and it will take care of the rest depending on level of rain (dial is for rain sensitivity apparently). Lights will go on/off automatically but that's about it according to some quick research. The rear view mirror goes a nice green tint and stops headlight glare from vehicles behind you (it doesn't actually dim AFAIK)

4 hours ago, ForTim said:

I'm not sure about this brochure. Says Ghia has autowipers and auto-dimming rear view mirror but mine doesn't have those.

Most reliable is VIN decoder like https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do. This other gives me an error now: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/

Looking at your pic your car is left hand drive so specs may be different to UK models.

4 hours ago, EddyOS said:

I have both (definitely the auto-dimming rear view mirror, not so sure on the wipers as I always turn them on myself when it rains!)

On a related note - how are the auto headlights meat to work? Are they meant to swap from dipped to main beam when in the dark?

EDIT: OK, wipers do work. You just do one click up on the stalk and it will take care of the rest depending on level of rain (dial is for rain sensitivity apparently). Lights will go on/off automatically but that's about it according to some quick research. The rear view mirror goes a nice green tint and stops headlight glare from vehicles behind you (it doesn't actually dim AFAIK)

Auto headlights just switches dipped beam on when it's dark enough and off when it's light enough.  You're expected to switch main beams when necessary to avoid dazzling other cars.  Some newer cars also switch main beam but not on the mk2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Auto headlights just switches dipped beam on when it's dark enough and off when it's light enough.  You're expected to switch main beams when necessary to avoid dazzling other cars.  Some newer cars also switch main beam but not on the mk2.

My in-laws Audi A5 Sportback switches automatically so just assumed it was meant to do that as well!

24 minutes ago, EddyOS said:

My in-laws Audi A5 Sportback switches automatically so just assumed it was meant to do that as well!

It's a reasonable assumption tbf.  Was only on higher end cars until more recently but it's even an option on the Focus' these days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club