Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Oil Life indicator

DG97

Hello all,

Question about the oil life indicator on the mk8’s. 

how does that work, is it just as basic as you’ve done x amount of miles, drop the life indicator by 1% or is it more complex?

thanks

How Ford’s Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor system works

The Ford IOLM system is not just a simple oil quality sensor, but a software based, algorithm-driven device that takes into account various operating conditions of the engine to determine when the oil needs changing. Certain driving habits can affect the life of the oil, as well as driving conditions such as temperature and driving terrain. Lighter, more moderate driving conditions and temperature will require less frequent oil changes and maintenance, while more severe driving conditions will require more frequent oil changes and maintenance

• Like 1

100% what I was looking for! Thank you!

Im not sure about this system, I’ve always had the oil and filter done once a year, so how will it affect, the engines over time?, I’m debating whether or not to get the oil changed once a year

1 hour ago, primus1960 said:

Im not sure about this system, I’ve always had the oil and filter done once a year, so how will it affect, the engines over time?, I’m debating whether or not to get the oil changed once a year

I’m planning on oil and filter a year too, but was wondering on if the indicator is at all useful.

Mk8 8 fiestas don't need a service in the first year, just a health check. The first service comes on the second birthday.

Not sure what mileage this covers.

I guess if the oil needed replacing in the first year, they would command a service...... 

44 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Mk8 8 fiestas don't need a service in the first year, just a health check. The first service comes on the second birthday.

Not sure what mileage this covers.

I guess if the oil needed replacing in the first year, they would command a service...... 

That’s correct, officially the guidance is 2 yearly. To be honest, i’m not a big fan of leaving filter changes/fluids for 2 years and I would hate to take it in for an oil change then brake fluid change etc between the services. So, I have actually gone for a service pack with my dealer and will have services done yearly. It was a good price too to be honest 340 quid for 3 services and full home/roadside/EU breakdown cover each year which I doubt (and hope) will not be needed but I guess as I only have the tyre repair kit due to B&O Sub, a puncture is most likely to happen so probably won’t hesitate to ring them if the kit is useless. 

• Like 1

My dealer offers a "convenience check" at 1 year, mainly fluid checks/top up and general brake/belts/light/bodywork etc,  but it also renews the free roadside assistance for the 2nd year

17 hours ago, Tiexen said:

My dealer offers a "convenience check" at 1 year, mainly fluid checks/top up and general brake/belts/light/bodywork etc,  but it also renews the free roadside assistance for the 2nd year

Yes my dealer offers this too, about 35 quid, mainly to renew the roadside assist

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club