Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka

Tracey1806

Hi, the other day I went to open my drivers door and it never. I tried from the inside and the handle gave way. So kind of floppy. But if u go and push it in u can hear it lock and it stays in. So I'm guessing the issue is opening position. I've been told u can't mend it without crow bar the door open which will then damage the door. Please help I love this car. Can it not be repair from the inside even if u can't open the door. Please help. 

Tracey 

Admittedly I know nothing about the Streetka, however, that's not normally how doors are made. There will be a couple of bolts (possibly hidden under a part of the door handle that can be removed) that secure the door card onto the door. In addition there will be a number of clips around the edge of the panel that hold it in place as well. In my experience you may end up bending one or two of these but it won't stop the door from being put back together properly. A set of trim removal tools will help do the job and stop you damaging the door by being too forceful with a screwdriver instead.

If you do some Googling or search on YouTube and this forum you'll probably find a guide on how to do it.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Thank u, I tried myself but I can't see many fixings. Slightly hard because I can't open the door.  I'm hoping this is the case as I think it's drastic to jimmy it open. 

The handle inside does move in and out if car is locked by passanger side. So it's to do with opening. 

Thank u.

Sorry, I understand now... Unless you can get the door open in the first place it's going to be nigh impossible. Might need an auto locksmith to get you out of this one.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I'd try asking on a Ka or street/sportscat group on Facebook.

there's  not much to the Ka door card, look at the passenger side for an idea of where the fixings are, if you can get the drivers card off you might be able to follow the cables from the handles to the lock on the end of the door and manually open it from inside the door, once open then you can remove it to find what's broken and then replace.

is a Haynes manual avaiable for the Ka?

Forcing it with a crowbar seems extreme, probably someone who has no patience or doesn't care.

• Thanks 1

I got to a few fixings. One is low to the floor so I think I need a screw driver that like a ratchet to undo. If I can get one, I think it's possible to take off with car door closed. The fingers crossed it can be opened from the inside. Going to see if I can borrow one tomo. 

Thsnk u for all ur help.

tracey

Two I've undone. Two are behind the handle with the electric windows which I need to unlock the blocks from the buttons to get to the two screws. 

If you've no managed to open the door just yet, obtain an old metal coat hanger remove both strips from the bottom of the window and insert it down the gap and use the hook to pull at the handles leaver then you'll be on your way to repair without damaging it 👍 @Tracey1806

Edited by doggsbody

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club