Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Key Fob Return

TomsFocus

Yesterday I found a key fob on a grass verge near a main road.  

It's a Suzuki proximity fob like this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Suzuki-Swift-Key-Fob-Blade-Blank-Immobiliser-Chip-Code-37172-62jv0/1316700781?iid=263349473561&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50545%26meid%3Da84957fbaa2242f59c82fcf530a7e208%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D142708401663%26itm%3D263349473561&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Weirdly there is no key blade in it, so not sure if it's been stolen or something.  Also wondered if it was a replacement that someone just wanted the blade from and discarded the rest, but I've opened it up and there's a battery and PCB in there, looks to have had some use as well, so I doubt that's the case.

I've posted a 'found' thread on Gumtree with no replies so far, but not everyone has access to the internet, or even knows about Gumtree, so obviously that's not great.

I will be driving past the Suzuki dealer tomorrow, can they identify the owner, or at least the reg/VIN from the fob itself if I take it in to them?

What would you do with it?  I'd like to think someone would return mine if I ever dropped it.

Hand it in to the nearest police station. 

The police don't want it, they don't have the recourses to deal with untraceable low value lost property like this.  They're only after guns, drugs, laptops or phones it seems, saying you should post it on social media instead.

Suzuki can't trace the car or owner from the fob, but they do have a customer that's lost one, albeit a few miles from where I found this, so I may drop it in to them in case another customer comes in looking for one.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club