Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 1.5tdci starting issues

Iaintruten

Hi there has anyone had any issues with the 1.5tdci starting, took 4 attempts to start this morning then the engine management came on but then went out once started, it has done it a few times now, has already had a new fuel filter 800 miles ago, will plug it in tonight when I'm home, just wondering if anyone has had the similar issue. Also notice it been a bit jurky now and again when driving it but no light emits for that, might take the egr off tonight and clean it as well. My 2.0tdci mk3.5 is brilliant but the Mrs 1.5tdci didn't get off to a great start when I found the cam sprocket recall hasn't been done lol.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

could be air in fuel pipes after haveing filter changed.

Wasn't the cam sprocket recall for the 1.5 ecoboost petrol?

Does it get jerky under heavy load?  When the turbo cuts in? Has it cut out once you've got it started? Can you give us more conditions for the lumpiness once the car is running?

Nah 1.5tdci had the cam sprocket recall the ecoboost may have also have had it, and yeah I though it may have been air in the fuel pipes but the issue has been there before the filter change, never got the chance to plug it in tonight so hopefully get the chance tomorrow I'm suspecting EGR valve or dpf on the jurky side of it as it is doing it when just cruising and not putting the foot down, but will get back to you both tomorrow when I plug it in lol my 2.0tdci, don't get me wrong could be worse could still have my astra that was a nightmare lol.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club