Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Ford Focus 1.6 - To - 2012 Ford Focus 1.0

Focused87

Morning all :cool:

I am the current, and proud owner of a 2007 Ford Focus Zetec Climate 3-door hatchback 1.6 petrol. 

It has 93 on the clock and I've wanted a Zetec S for a long time. 

After reading that the Zetec S models are only cosmetic upgrades and without performance upgrades, I looked into an ST instead. First, a 2007 to basically upgrade the car I have now to it's top end sport variant (07 or 57 plate, would have preferred 57 but wouldn't have been a major - but did read that these models that were registered a bit later had a few less issues). 

I scrapped the idea and thought I'd go for something newer. I like the newer shape Zetec S also - 2012 to 2015. The 2014 is stunning and looks amazing in that, is it Midnight Blue paint job. 

I have come across a 2012 Zetec S 1.0. 85 on the clock but been assured of the full Ford service History that comes with it. I always research a car's MOT History if I am interested in it and this hasn't failed any. 

I have done extensive searches on Ford's 1.0 Ecoboost Engine to check reviews and reliability. 

I don't tend to drive like an idiot and really look after my cars. But, as a realist, I also know that can't always prevent problems.  

I am wondering if anybody has any horror stories - or - glory, feel good stories about this particular car. Any reasons I should steer clear or follow my stupid, car enthusiast (Focuses really 😉), stubborn heart and go for it. 

Thank you. 

Focused87

I bought a 2015 Zetec S (in deep impact blue) about 3 weeks ago and while that’s not long enough to comment on long term reliability so far so good. We’ve put almost a 1000 miles on it so far through commuting and driving it for the sheer hell of it. 

It’s the 1.0 Ecoboost 125 model and while it’ll never win many traffic light gran prixs it’s fast enough for me, even with 4 people in it accelerates well on the motorway.

Up to now it’s probably the most comfortable driving position I’ve managed to achieve in a car although I spent 20 years driving various Land Rovers so that’s probably all relativ:biggrin:

This was taken about an hour after picking it up...

221D26A1-6A0C-4F14-BA31-94867054ED5D.thumb.jpeg.30e2c419695705271a366c8439a0c05a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modders that Focus is absolutely stunning. I'm not surprised you're happy with it and driving it just because - I think I'd have to do the same. Really nice head turning colour too. 

I definitely agree with you about the car being right for you / fast enough for you and not needing to win take off's from traffic lights. As long as you're enjoying it:yahoo: I'm happy to hear your positive points regarding the car. Have you managed to get that brand new?

I'm going to see it tomorrow and can't wait. I've drove a 63 plate 1.6 TDCI in 2015 and that was great. Really sturdy in comparison to my current car. I drove the 63 after a few months in a 2002 so it was like hopping in a space ship :driving:

Like you mention also, the seating positions feel really solid and well built. 

I hope the one I see brings me as much joy as yours is bringing you...

Thanks, this one is almost 3 years old but still feels solid and tight and I’m hoping it stays that way for many years to come.

Good luck with the test drive and I hope this turns out to be the one for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1

How did you get on@focused87 did you like the car when you saw it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Jonro2009. 

To be fair - it was really nice. Phantom Black. Engine sounded nice. A fob without key as it was a push start - really nice feature - I know the Zetec S comes with this but never had the chance to utilise it myself. The DEGAS pipe from the expansion tank had been changed from the original plastic that that particular model Focus was sold with - to the rubber piping. So that was a positive and I wouldn't have had to get that replaced. 

I didn't end up with it though and was a bit devastated as the colour, the push start and that front and rear diffuser would've had me sold - plus the deal that the lad was going to give me. But lucky enough a few days later I was offered a new job so I'm going to look at something newer in a couple of weeks. 

Thinking maybe between a 15 plate to 67 plate. I genuinely can't wait as I've been researching Focuses - old and new - for the last few years as my original intention a couple of years back was to try and acquire a 64 plate Zetec S (stunning model). 

Now my only dilemma is whether to invest in a 1.5 ST-Line or treat myself to an ST. 

2 hours ago, Focused87 said:

Hi @Jonro2009. 

To be fair - it was really nice. Phantom Black. Engine sounded nice. A fob without key as it was a push start - really nice feature - I know the Zetec S comes with this but never had the chance to utilise it myself. The DEGAS pipe from the expansion tank had been changed from the original plastic that that particular model Focus was sold with - to the rubber piping. So that was a positive and I wouldn't have had to get that replaced. 

I didn't end up with it though and was a bit devastated as the colour, the push start and that front and rear diffuser would've had me sold - plus the deal that the lad was going to give me. But lucky enough a few days later I was offered a new job so I'm going to look at something newer in a couple of weeks. 

Thinking maybe between a 15 plate to 67 plate. I genuinely can't wait as I've been researching Focuses - old and new - for the last few years as my original intention a couple of years back was to try and acquire a 64 plate Zetec S (stunning model). 

Now my only dilemma is whether to invest in a 1.5 ST-Line or treat myself to an ST. 

Front splitter / lip spoiler and rear diffuser*

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club