Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK3.5 2015+ Power Fold Mirrors Retro fitting to Zetec S/St-line

Chris_W

Liking the work in this thread! I cant really help with anything you're after except to say that I changed my footwell LEDs to white ones I built myself so I have a pair of original oem red ones which I'd be happy to send you if you'd like them!

Also, @Jonro2009, I did put LEDs behind the door reflectors! There's a guide on my build thread, but I tapped into the puddle light wires in the door loom for supply when the door was open.

12 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Liking the work in this thread! I cant really help with anything you're after except to say that I changed my footwell LEDs to white ones I built myself so I have a pair of original oem red ones which I'd be happy to send you if you'd like them!

Also, @Jonro2009, I did put LEDs behind the door reflectors! There's a guide on my build thread, but I tapped into the puddle light wires in the door loom for supply when the door was open.

I don’t habe puddle lights so would have to pick up the feed from inside the car and do it that way.

do your OEM red lights have the wiring plug still on it? I would be interested in them if possible? 

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don’t habe puddle lights so would have to pick up the feed from inside the car and do it that way.

do your OEM red lights have the wiring plug still on it? I would be interested in them if possible? 

Ah, no afraid not. I made a new set of LEDs with their own plugs so I could swap them back if I ever needed to. I don't think I ever would now which is why I don't need the LEDs. Have you not got the plugs taped to the main loom? Might be tricky to spot in their position...

On 5/5/2018 at 6:44 PM, chris_wynne said:

10 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Ah, no afraid not. I made a new set of LEDs with their own plugs so I could swap them back if I ever needed to. I don't think I ever would now which is why I don't need the LEDs. Have you not got the plugs taped to the main loom? Might be tricky to spot in their position...

As per the picture in the post I have quoted above, I have the little white plugs coming from the cars loom. I do not have anything to plug into them though, no LEDs or lens covers if that makes sense

That's ok then. The LEDs are on boards which plug into those plugs. I simply made my own with a bit of project board cut to the same size as the original led board, soldered some copper prongs I made to fit the plug, then a fuse style led bulb with 3 lamps on it. It's a bit heath Robinson to look at but it's works and is totally safe. 

The LEDs then clip into the reflector once plugged in, hence why I made the project board the same size.

The benefit of that setup has been that I've been able to also solder the wires for my homemade rear footwell lights and the wires for my illuminated scuff plates to them, and I can revert to stock at any time (assuming I don't send the bulbs to you guys! Lol!)

Edited by Phil21185
  • Like 1

Pic of what you need. These have been snaffled already since I posted here, but there's a pic of the label on the back. Contrary to what it says, they aren't amber!

Edit:hm that label pic is a bit overexposed in my dark living room! I'll add another tomorrow!

1527277783904434056958.thumb.jpg.9ef486deb5e9846b546420a223dab38b.jpg20180525_203032.thumb.jpg.7ef7c874de0d088f5c37f039ae2e80d5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did @chris_wynne get them? This project is coming along really well! To keep his thread on topic I'm going to send you a quick PM @Phil21185

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update! Today i managed to install the 2 rear door motors/mechanism for the electric windows. not wired up yet as I haven't installed the wire harnesses yet as it involves taking the doors off, at least the 2 rear doors that is.

However to make sure the windows mech moved up to shut the windows after installed the mechs. I managed to use a 12v adapter with to points, touching PIN 1 and PIN 4 to shoot the window back up (touch then in revers PIN 4-1 and the window goes down etc.)  Just to keep the thieves and rain out🙂IMG_3882.thumb.jpg.b2e55367ab7cc9e5faa4319ec498d50d.jpgIMG_3884.thumb.jpg.905851f6d89374fdd5ecac05e8ab2355.jpgIMG_3885.thumb.jpg.0633dbf0856ab27b3fbacf458728146e.jpgIMG_3886.thumb.jpg.743b7cd9bf33baae226f61971d85f5e8.jpgIMG_3896.thumb.jpg.ee5bb8e2509311c030d0059321d0f733.jpgIMG_3888.thumb.jpg.cb46c3ee8fd735d017071229595caf5d.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well just a huge update for everyone interested in this mod. I actually managed to install all the parts on Monday and unbelievable IT WORKED!!!! Everything was successful. I now have full 4 way one/touch/up/down windows and global/opening and closing. just waiting for my mirrors to arrive then they will be installed and activated 🙂 i will be making guide/updating thread for everyone or anyone who may be interested in this mod Thanks very much again for everyones help and input. And a huge Thanks to @mastachaz and @JW1982 

They are absolute legends! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

good to hear it all worked out fella and look forward to seeing the mirrors once complete

13 hours ago, b4zz said:

good to hear it all worked out fella and look forward to seeing the mirrors once complete

they are completed 🙂 Now you have to wait for guide ;0

Bravo!! Well done Chris, pour yourself a beer 🍻 

Thank You everyone 🙂

And yes i managed to fit the power folding mirrors yesterday, puddle and power fold activated and working. i took lots of pics along the way of doing the entire retro fit, so when i have a chance I will make the guide, will probably be a PDF document just like the automatic lights/rain sensor guide I made last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great work Chris! 🙂

Btw thinking about selling my power folding mirrors 😄 if anyone interested PM me.

I have plan to retrofit the blind spot monitor system so will be buying new mirrors for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

sorry just trying to get a handle on the football lights. 

are we saying that if you have the connectors it's just a simple plug the light units in and away you go? Or do I need to activate them in the cars software? Do any fuses need to be inserted?

many thanks and sorry for going off topic somewhat

****SCRAP THAT****

I just checked mine and the lenses and bulbs are there with wiring plugged in so either the bulbs are dead or i have another issue

Edited by EcoboostMatt
Update

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please tell me where you got your power mirrors and puddle lights activated 

1 hour ago, Charlie2018 said:

Could you please tell me where you got your power mirrors and puddle lights activated 

you need cable and software to activate by obd post on your car.

• 10 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 4:59 PM, chris_wynne said:

Thank You everyone 🙂

And yes i managed to fit the power folding mirrors yesterday, puddle and power fold activated and working. i took lots of pics along the way of doing the entire retro fit, so when i have a chance I will make the guide, will probably be a PDF document just like the automatic lights/rain sensor guide I made last year.

Looking forward to it!
Btw, i can't seem to be able to find the matching loom for driver door.
My current is F1ET 14A584 XDA.
F1ET 14A584 CCF what is in eBay.
F1ET 14A584 DBL is what you have.
Can I know what the 3 letter actually represent? Or anyone have any input on these?

I got looms and module set for sale if anyone its interested

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, chris_wynne said:

Thank You everyone 🙂

Hi mate. Did you ever make that guide. I’m thinking of installing the folding mirrors in my 65plate mk3.5 Titanium.

i already have all 4 powered windows as they came with the car. I just want to do the power fold wing mirrors. 

Would I need to get a new loom or would I already have the connectors needed? 

Do I just buy some power food wing mirrors and fit them or do I need anything else?

do I have to enable them with forscan?

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Bit late to this thread but is the guide for powerfolds available anywhere? Did that poster get around to doing it? 

Reading loads of stuff here it looks like I might have the loom already but I REALLY don't want to take the car apart and then get stuck with things that don't work 😞

Any pointers would be appreciated 

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club