Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK3.5 2015+ Power Fold Mirrors Retro fitting to Zetec S/St-line

Chris_W

***NOTE at the end (still in process)

Hi Everyone. Just letting you all know Im currently in the process of attempting to retro fit power folding mirrors+puddle light to my mk3.5 facelift Ford focus Zetec S/st-line. Currently the car only has normal mirrors, no puddle lights etc. and only 2 front electric windows and 2 manual/winder in the rear passengers. note:  the drivers side only has one touch down.

First of all I had to check to see of all wiring was available for the job, however just as expected its not is the basic loom. the connector block to the driver mirror only has 6 out of the required 10 and the passenger side block only has 8 out of the require 12!. 

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

I managed to snap up the entire set of looms and modules (4modules/4Looms) for the job from a 2017 plate this scrap car had keyless entry handles that you touch to open (ford web builder states the car with keyless option include power fold) so that means the modules are the correct ones with the power folding feature. 

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

Also note as this is mk3.5 with the door lock/button on handle you need to mkae sure your driver loom has this 5 pin connector.

IMG_3611.thumb.jpg.79179dc63146fd065dd0dc830914cc1b.jpg

I also have the 4 door window switch without the power fold option and passenger side switch from when i upgraded my door cards to leather st ones earlier this year. So I will be using these to carry out the test for windows etc.

IMG_3613.thumb.jpg.7caadebc5795e483b794b7d2a83f18fd.jpgIMG_3615.thumb.jpg.18c939fb9ae35edae48733380d889198.jpgIMG_3616.thumb.jpg.aab64cd8bc7e443fa0d79a7241cd2e74.jpgIMG_3617.thumb.jpg.a82b0a3a168193911d8b55c0b1ce5520.jpg

Also since i upgraded the door cards earlier this year i had the ambient lighting wires and door handles so will be giving these a test if all is succefull, so i have light up handles and storage compartment in door.

IMG_3618.thumb.jpg.7cb8e6f452f2a4694467da1bd28cfdf6.jpgIMG_3620.thumb.jpg.0bf6a989efe599143f1dbb98299a6e6d.jpg

***NOTE:  I WILL  BE UPDATING THIS POST WHEN MORE GETS DONE AS IM STILL SOURCING THE MIRRORS AND POTENTIALLY MAY NEED TO SOURCE ALL 4 WINDOW MOTORS/MECHANISMS TO CONVERT TO GLOBAL CLOSING/4 WAY ELCTRIC COMFORT WINDOWS ETC. HOPEFULLY THIS ISN'T THE CASE THOUGH SO MAYBE I COULD JUST CONVERT THE 2 FRONT DOORS AND JUST LINK UP THE MODULES IN THE REAR DOORS WITH THE NEW LOOMS JUST SO THEY SEND SIGNAL TO THE CAR.

I would really appreciate the help form any member that has successfully done this upgrade or knows of anyone or has more useful information then i would be extremely grateful! 

Ps. massive shoutout to @mastachaz and @JW1982 for the help so far with there useful info :-)

• Thanks 1

Ive not done this myself but I’m following as it’s something I have thought about, great work so far!

@Jonro2009 No problem hopefully it will be successful and help many people out just taking a lot of time working out everything. Also just realised now the current motors in the 2 front windows apparently have 2 pins unlike the 6 pins on the other models featuring 4 electric windows i.e global closing etc. ive added pictures showing this now. so will need 2 6 pin motors now :-)

• Like 1

here the 2 types of motor connections, zetec and lower 2 pins, above with 4 electric windows 6 pins

2 poin zetec motor.jpg

with 6 motor.png

I used to know a Chris Wynne, it’s not a common name. You’re not originally from Liverpool are you?

Just re read the first post and that looks like a hell of a lot of work! Will be well worth it when done though, I really do miss both of these features (power fold & puddle lights). My last car was a Mk5 Mondeo and that was some machine, lots of toys but pretty expensive to run so it had to go ☹️

it certainly is going to be a lot of work, im looking at at least the 2 front window motors with the 6 pin now needing replacing then fitting the looms, and may as well fit the motor and mec for the rear windows too since i have all the modules/wiring. but my only doubt is the main flooring harness whether its going to be compatible? i really dont want to be changing the full floor cabin harness :-( that would be a nightmare!

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to buy a Titanium with city pack and just fit the ZS bumpers and springs?  Definitely an interesting project though. :smile: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to buy a Titanium with city pack and just fit the ZS bumpers and springs?  Definitely an interesting project though. :smile: 

Unfortunately yes Tom, however since it was my first car I personally chose it for the looks of it and I didn’t realise all this modding was possible and that I would be doing mods to it haha. Also I did enquirer about a titanium about getting the kit fitted and they quoted saying it would be a lot and not really worth it. So decided to go with the Zetec S since it also had the boosted BHP😊 just had it for over a year now and absolutely love it. 

• Like 1

Right just found out the entire floor cabin harness is connected to the Rear/Trunk/Boot Fuse box after checking on eBay etc. I have just popped the cap of mine to see if the the fuses are present for the door modules and power mirrors and windows and all seem to be present! Does anyone know if this means my floor harness is the correct one since it seems to have the fuses so must have the wires for them features etc.? 

IMG_3627.thumb.jpg.a5342d3ddb54e24c1a8babed05fe0257.jpgIMG_3628.thumb.jpg.2bafaf566755a477c87b8a132e58ebfc.jpgIMG_3629.thumb.jpg.87ded1b41482c0e05e57d0869d1e2ba1.jpgIMG_3632.thumb.jpg.e5d95dff78a1bbeb6fb61487d15260d1.jpgIMG_3633.thumb.jpg.65bf5216adcfe2ab3a2246855141be63.jpg

Heres and example fuse box from scrap on eBay as you can see the fuse box with all wires is connected to the floor harness loom.

5ae9c0fe240bb_s-l1600(6).thumb.jpg.5f84bc799365cc8879e0bc781434164f.jpg

forgot to state fuse F10 25A is for the power windows as well. that is also included in my fuse box.

Got your pm but thought I would reply on here for everyone to read

I converted the rear doors on my fiesta to electric from manual after only having front electric and funny enough one touch not working quite as you would expect

I plan on writing a guide but overall was a simple process

Now original doors had control modules in them already and it's a can bus system so it was easier than I thought

I bought the 2 door cards for the rear with switches on them, bought a new switch panel for drivers door, bought new inner door panels including mechanisms and bought new rear door looms for electric window doors

From there it was pretty plug and play

Remove rear door panels, unplug loom, remove inner door panels carefully remove glass, helps to have someone assist, move window half open till you can unscrew from mechanism, make assistant hold window, remove old inner panel, replace with new inner panel, carefully let glass fall into new mechanism, tighten back up. Plug in new loom, replace driver door switch, program with forscan to all electric Windows

Done!

Was worth it for me, came across no problems, all wiring in car was already present as it's a can bus system so only wiring replaced was in the door

Good luck

• Like 1

hi all, just an update from today. I had a little root around with the wires today to see if anything stood out indicating correct floor loom etc. And i managed to find both footwell light connectors both where wrapped up in black tape in each footwell. does this indicate its the higher spec loom i.e titanium+

I then proceeded to check the loom that links into the door harness and i actually found this grey connector wrapped up in black tape on the drivers side. It has the perfect pin alignment to the new loom i purchased. all pictures below. Does this indicate im good to go to install the new harness when i get 6 pin window motors etc.? I couldn't manage to find the connector on the passengers side as its bundled with tons of wires going to fuse box. also regarding the rear door loom i found that they both only use 1 block connector the second is not present? however on my new rear looms they only have 2 pins on one side, so does that also indicate the rear doors only use 1 block connector. all 4 new harness molex connectors pictured too. 

IMG_3668.thumb.jpg.79ba0e10e42edebaf28b8e4fe73ae9ba.jpg

passenger footwell ambient lighting cable

IMG_3670.thumb.jpg.e7796f9c83f05238a3f81ac952308e06.jpg

driver footwell ambient lighting connector

IMG_3671.thumb.jpg.352bff73a7068eee47cc49785a69c4fc.jpg

wrapped up molex on drivers side

IMG_3681.thumb.jpg.6ad322bbadca1cd5ad4baf4464b805f9.jpg

gold/brass pins show, 2, 2 6

IMG_3625.thumb.jpg.f2c7ae3de3d0c4e8df0e06920c40f549.jpg

drivers door loom 2,2,6 at the top connector where thumb is

IMG_3623.thumb.jpg.f433c559bc3d19e662ed558a31bda8fd.jpg

front passenger harness pins

both rear harness, exactly the same pins on both sides.

IMG_3622.thumb.jpg.ee318dd9007e88008b0b5a7014b6fd2e.jpgIMG_3624.thumb.jpg.1fd9cd46e7c380844d17dbcf279c6383.jpg

NOTE: the 4 harness pictures are the new ones i purchased for the job as you can see not yet fitted, just to show info/news :-)

• Thanks 1

I’m not able to answer any questions about the looms etc, it’s beyond my skill level unfortunately.

In the past I’ve done a lot of lighting upgrades with headlights, fog lights and lights in the boot. I would really like to get the ambient lighting on the go, especially if the wiring is there! I can have a look over the weekend, would you mind telling me exactly where to look and what to remove in the way of carpet/trim? I’d be really grateful as it will save me buggering about lol.

I’ve been toying with the idea of removing the reflector on the leading edge of the doors and putting some decent strong LEDs behind there and wiring them up to the interior dome light. May also put some white powerful Cree units under the door cards to light up the pavement/road when I open the door. I don’t have puddle lights and I won’t be taking on the project you are doing, far too much for me lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just compared to st 2014+ harness and seems to match, looks like the rear door do only use the 1 connector. as you can see the drivers side on this one has a block connector wrapped up like my one.

5aeccf222c32a_s-l1600(8).thumb.jpg.ac32a114620821bc3fadef0375c8489d.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ST250-floor-cabin-wiring-harness-climate-control-heated-steerin-14-17-/253335678981?hash=item3afbfbb005%3Ag%3Ab3sAAOSwGzhaRk20&nma=true&si=KKw%2FnrDMTvXXg6vBEaClN8c1F9M%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

this explains the rear door wire molex connector why mine only had 1, looks like they all only use 1 block connector not 2(grey and black block connectors) like the front doors. some mondeo mk4 wire looms on eBay show this too. 

5aece45175694_s-l1600(9).thumb.jpg.af0dea0e1ccf98c87da8131c85bff981.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK3-REAR-DOOR-WIRING-LOOM-PASSENGER-LEFT-NEARSIDE-NSR-2011-2015-/173243972285?hash=item2856253abd%3Ag%3ANF4AAOSwQGZaviVm&nma=true&si=KKw%2FnrDMTvXXg6vBEaClN8c1F9M%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’m not able to answer any questions about the looms etc, it’s beyond my skill level unfortunately.

In the past I’ve done a lot of lighting upgrades with headlights, fog lights and lights in the boot. I would really like to get the ambient lighting on the go, especially if the wiring is there! I can have a look over the weekend, would you mind telling me exactly where to look and what to remove in the way of carpet/trim? I’d be really grateful as it will save me buggering about lol.

I’ve been toying with the idea of removing the reflector on the leading edge of the doors and putting some decent strong LEDs behind there and wiring them up to the interior dome light. May also put some white powerful Cree units under the door cards to light up the pavement/road when I open the door. I don’t have puddle lights and I won’t be taking on the project you are doing, far too much for me lol

Hi Jon, yes no problem. i think it may be in mine since when it was bought this had the nav option Sync 2 touch and reverse cam etc. /(ive upgrade to sync 3 anyway haha) It may well be in your too since i believe all 17+ focus come standard wit sync 3 now. Anyway!

The passengers 3 pin connector wire is located directly above the rectangle hole for the plastic light holder to go in(ambient footwell LED holder). just remove the 2 pins to remove the holding fabric over fuse box. colours should be the same black/white/brown/green and brown/white. mine was wrapped in insulation tape and could feel it so just unwrapped the tape and bingo she popped out! the drivers side is exactly the same, look directly above the rectangle hole maybe slightly to the right door and it should be taped up again to the wire with the insulation tape. Also if you can check if you have the extra connector that I found today for the door molex if you wouldn't mind. id be very happy :-) Good luck mate i hope you find them

I would have thought the wires would have just been positive and negative, how many wires are going into the plug for the ambient lighting? I may be able to get the lights and wiring from a scrap yard but unfortunately there are none round here that I know of. They are only small items really so I may be able to get them posted, which scrappie did you use to find the loom? They may have the ambient lights 🤷‍♂️ I’ll have a look for the molex for you, is that easy to find? I have trouble crawling about due to breaking my a back a couple of times but I’ll give it a go, I’ll blame you if I get stuck upside down in the footwell lol

I do have sync3 yes, it was standard in my 17 plate

12 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

the wires are only the footwell lights, both are 3 pin wires with a white 3 pin connector and only about 4 inch length. And regarding the ambient lighting, they just plug directly into a led with plastic holder/reflector on them like this

post-85327-0-70188200-1393003207_thumb.jpg.18c6e8c32a262b5350a6c78611f95f3f.jpg

regarding the molex im after its located directly to the right of drivers peddles, like the corner of the car high up, it will be facing down with black tape around it like the picture i posted earlier.

Hope you can find the wire for your ambient footwells :-)

Ok, great thanks. If I were to search for this on eBay (other sites available [emoji6]) what would I search, i did a couple of searches but couldn’t find what I wanted

@chris_wynne

I’ve had a very quick look for the wiring for the footwell lights and apart from slicing my wrist on a bit of metal I didn’t find anything anything significant. I’m going to look again in a little while as I looked in the Work carpark before I left for home.

Is the picture below the bit I’m looking for you? I can’t get my bearings on the picture so if you can draw me an intricate detailed map in HD quality I’ll go and look again. If you can’t be arsed with a map then a couple of directions will do [emoji6] I just can’t picture where that is sitting lol

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

IMG_3670.thumb.jpg.e7796f9c83f05238a3f81ac952308e06.jpg

see this is the drivers side footwell. do you have this rectangle piece of plastic? this is the holder for the LED holder/plastic. can you see that big loom behind the rectangle hole. that is what the wire is taped too with black tape. if you dont have either of them rectangle holes then im 99% you dont have the wiring, but surely you will have them as i think there standard with dash part. also if you wouldn't mind can you PM me as this guide/thread will start to get flooded with off topic stuff. cheers

I found the footwell bits earlier.

I was meaning a guide for the connector you wanted me to look for, the molex for the door module. I looked for a while and couldn’t find it, I looked behind the dash and followed the wire up from the footwell just at the drivers seat all the way up to where the wires disappear into the wing/door but couldn’t find it. Is there somewhere else you want me to look?

59 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

@Jonro2009 no worries haha I’m glad you found them. The wire I meant was the big chunky bundled loom it goes from drivers footwell right up to just on line with the outer door rubber door connector from the door harness. If that makes sense? Just feel all the way to top of wire and you may feel the extra molex connected wrapped up in tape. I’ve added some more pics of that helps. Also not being rude haha but is your wire as thick as my one in pictures? Best way to explain it 😂 

8C0B560C-5C54-4E55-9EDB-CCCA68C9FF18.jpeg

70B55143-8F17-4472-A25D-E2CE31575AC6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update and some more hopefully good news, here is another ST loom. description states, "FORD FOCUS Mk3 LIFT 2014 comes from the ST version electric windows front and back, heated seats, subwoofer, parking sensors rear original part / very good condition"

http://allegro.pl/instalacja-wnetrza-ford-focus-mk3-lift-2014-i7233640179.html#thumb/6

If you check that image out you can see the connector is wrapped up, so my guess is for wrap the connector up thats not used, i.e for either keyless cars, or rear windows/power fold etc.

also im just in need of the 2 front window regs/with 6pin motors. Then i should be good to go and begin installation.

🙂 if anyone out there with mk3.5 facelift can check if they have this extra wrapped up connector then that would be great, thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club