Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 B & O play sound system

Jeffas

Those who have it installed...what do you think about it?

I have it in mine, but feel it lacks bass. It’s very clear even at very high volumes but seems to lack bass even with the bass set to max and the treble and mid set low. 

Not sure if I have an issue with mine that warrants a trip back to dealer as never heard it in another car to compare it too. 

Is there any easy checks or a manual anyone knows about?

As from the other thread...

We have the standard non BO set up in the Mrs car. The sound is very very good. The bass setting is on the centre line, if we put it up any more it is far too much.

The standard sound on the mk8 is much better than i have had in any of my other Ford's, including the mk7.5 I have now.

I am beginning to think the only difference between the Speakers are the speaker grilles that show the logo.. (do they?) 

Does it have presets? The pop preset makes a massive difference to the sound in the Focus premium system.

I have no problem with bass - does depend on the quality of the source, its also affected by the balance front/rear, I do find its lacking a little in treble compared with the last model (Sony version) but that may be the tweeters have been moved.

I had my doubts in the beginning, but it sort of requires a bit of changing your sound 'habits'. I used to listen a bit more bassy as well, but now I'm used to it I can really enjoy the balance of the system on standard. I changed it a bit though, if I'm correct my high and lows are both +1 which gives me a nice and full sound I enjoy. I listen stereo though, I really don't like the surround sound that much... It makes it sound a bit too metallic for me.

Heard some great stories on the standard system as well, there is a nice review of both systems on Whathifi: https://www.whathifi.com/features/bo-play-sound-system-ford-fiesta-review

• Like 1

That was great review. Turning off adaptive volume and setting fader&balance to default center position made big difference for my ears. The bass and sound over all is much better, except because the center fader&balance sound field and location of instruments and vocal singer "does not come trought" as good as before. I don't agree with review of using surround, wiith it sound is some what all over the place, similar to that sound when your surround Speakers l&r is crossed.

22 hours ago, Boosteri said:

That was great review. Turning off adaptive volume and setting fader&balance to default center position made big difference for my ears. The bass and sound over all is much better, except because the center fader&balance sound field and location of instruments and vocal singer "does not come trought" as good as before. I don't agree with review of using surround, wiith it sound is some what all over the place, similar to that sound when your surround speakers l&r is crossed.

I totally agree!! The adaptive volume messed up some clarity in the sound. And just like you I don't agree on the surround sound... Really like the sound now, very enjoyable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club