Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing AUX connector?

EddyOS

Is this easy to do? I've got the grey connector in the glove box but it's loose and the cable falls out if you're not careful.

Is it worth relocating it to a blank below the stereo, thus making it useful at the same time!

I assume I'd just need another socket, and possibly cable as well if I can't re-route the existing one back through the car (or if I'm too lazy - which is probable!)?

81v2XWAmzQL._SX355_.jpg

Just fit an aux socket in place of one of the switch blanks then get an aux to radio cable that terminates in a 3.5 pin.

I have a guide that shows turning the socket into a powered usb for charging phones, there is a section on connecting up the aux adaptor.

The PDF guide is available via my link under all my posts when viewed on a PC.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

14 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Just fit an aux socket in place of one of the switch blanks then get an aux to radio cable that terminates in a 3.5 pin.

I have a guide that shows turning the socket into a powered usb for charging phones, there is a section on connecting up the aux adaptor.

The PDF guide is available via my link under all my posts when viewed on a PC.

I did see a few other (older) posts where you'd linked things, so thanks for your input. I've literally just bought THIS to act as the charger/splitter for the audio on my iPhone 7 so I'm just after the AUX connector to plug the wire into really. It's finding a blank that's just the socket as I don't want/need the USB connector, hence why I could just drill out a hole for the Ford item and rewire it to the stereo (which is a Sony 6-CD unit, photo attached - and no, I don't have the sweet climate control)

hqdefault.jpg

You could just run a cable from under the switch panel to come out in the cubby there.

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

You could just run a cable from under the switch panel to come out in the cubby there.

Unfortunately I'm a proper neat freak when it comes to the car, so will try and come up with something that looks stock. Hate cables hanging out from behind trim panels

Run it under the centre console to come out at the rear?
Do you have the console with armrest?

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Run it under the centre console to come out at the rear?
Do you have the console with armrest?

I do, but as I'm pre-facelift it's too shallow therefore wouldn't be suitable. Would love to have the connection/power socket there like the facelift MK2

Swap it for the facelift console.
I did and it makes a big difference.

33 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Swap it for the facelift console.
I did and it makes a big difference.

I had considered doing that. How easy is it with regards to wiring?

Doddle.
I do looms for extending the power sockets and have a guide for the console too.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Doddle.
I do looms for extending the power sockets and have a guide for the console too.

Nice one, I'll take a look

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club