Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Fiesta - Permanent Live Fuses ?

Hughes1208

I'm trying to hardwire in a dashcam and was wondering which fuses under the glovebox are permanent live as I don't have a multimeter to check.

Thanks

I'm trying to hardwire in a dashcam and was wondering which fuses under the glovebox are permanent live as I don't have a multimeter to check.
Thanks

If you have a cig socket normally that’s a perm live. I have my thinkware F900 pro hardwire to the cig socket fuse as perm live.

You can check by putting in a cig usb charger socket into it and seeing if you can charge your phone whilst engine is off. My one has a light that turns on when I connect it into the cig lighter socket.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

I think I remember reading the accessory sockets (cig) only stay live for 75 mins after ignition is turned off.

Looking at the fuse chart, I would guess that fuse no.5 lock/unlock would be live at all times, but that's only a guess without checking..

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm, I've now hard wired my dashcam, and fuse no.5 is permanently live 👍

3 hours ago, lst said:

Just to confirm, I've now hard wired my dashcam, and fuse no.5 is permanently live 👍

Did you go for single or dual dashcam? And has it effected the start /stop? 

Just a single dashcam, a nextbase 512g that I've had a couple of years. Start/Stop works fine for me, but It's probably too early to say if it affects start/stop, but will definitely keep and eye on that.

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
On 5/20/2018 at 1:40 PM, lst said:

any issues with this? i have a Nextbase 522GW that i would like to use the parking mode with

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club