Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel line corroded??

Dayko17

Hi guys, 

Just noticed a leak around (what i think is) the fuel line.. stinks of fuel inside and outside of the cabin

Does anyone have any idea how much it would be to replace/repair? 

Also have a video of it dripping just after a 10ish mile trip..

Yeah that's a fuel pipe, obviously don't drive it until that's sorted as it's a fire hazard.

Not sure which part is at fault from the vid though, did you try tightening the jubilee clip?  Can you see any splits around the end of the rubber pipe?  

As above, that is dangerous. if for example you are sitting in queue of traffic and someone throws a ***** end down. Petrol (or more correctly its vapour) is very flammable.

If that was mine I would undo the clip, pull the rubber pipe off and inspect. could be rusty metal pipe causing it, or split in end of rubber pipe or just not done up enough. If rubber pipe split near end you might be able to cut end off and put the better condition bit of rubber on the metal pipe. I can't tell how much excess rubber pipe you have there to play with, probably not much.

it is possible there is a rust pin hole in the metal pipe. you might be able to solve that by getting a longer bit of rubber pipe to go further up the metal pipe, but you would need to do some cleaning up and probably need to buy a longer bit of rubber pipe.

A garage with a ramp/lifting table should be able to sort this quickly and easily once they are standing underneath car with good access, even if it involves some improvisation. I wouldn't go to a main ford dealer as they are not likely to do improvisation

Thanks for the replies,

its stopped leaking at the moment, but i did fill up my tank last night, seemed to put a little more than it would usually do, so would be an over flow of petrol or something?

On 04/05/2018 at 2:17 PM, Dayko17 said:

Thanks for the replies,

its stopped leaking at the moment, but i did fill up my tank last night, seemed to put a little more than it would usually do, so would be an over flow of petrol or something?

No, and seriously don't drive it until its been looked at by a garage. 

Unfortunately the original of the video I was going to link got taken down, so the only mirror I could find is the daily fail. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4604564/Russian-man-escapes-unhurt-BMW-bursts-flames.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club