Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Climate control replacing

shiwarrior

Hi all

Wanted to see how much a second hand climate control (controls) are , but there doesn't seem to be any on the bay

My OFF button is badly worn, and needs replacing, are there any other models that will fit the focus ?

thanks

any ideas ?

Focus MK2.5, Kuga MK1 and C-max MK1.5 Climate Control panels are identical.

Next to this the Climate Control panel of a late Focus MK2 (with red illumination) is also fully compatible.

thanks for the help

mine has red illumination, i thought all MK 2.5's where the same, are they not then?

All Focus MK2.5, Kuga MK1 and C-max MK1.5 versions have red illumination.

The Focus MK2 however did initially have green illumination. After the interior facelift in 2007 the illumination was changed to red. Late Focus MK2 Climate Control panels with red illumination have a slightly different design from the Focus MK2.5, Kuga MK1 and C-max MK1.5 Climate Control panel but are technically fully compatible.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor focus 2007 sony

The black buttons of the MK2 Climate Control panel are much more durable than the silver ones of the MK2.5 Climate Control panel.

Thanks

all my interior are the silver ones, so id like to keep it the same as the stereo if possible

i found some kuga ones on the bay, dam expensive though!

Looks almost identical to my mk3 controls...

Focus MK3 Climate Control panels are technically completely different from the the MK2/MK2.5 ones.

• 3 years later...

Apologies digging up an old topic, I'm looking at options for replacing the silver climate control panel in my ST with black coloured equivalent, to match some of the other trim I've got inside the car.

Mk2 Kuga and Focus mk3 looked possible apart from the RHS dial/button having different function (Max AC instead of Mono) and info above confirms the unit is technically different which doesn't surprise me coming off the later generation Focus.

So am looking at either mk1 Kuga or what eBay suggests is 2010-2014 Mondeo, also seen some identified as Mk4 Mondeo - example below from a listing mentioning Mondeo, Kuga, S-Max & Galaxy too.

984393174_Screenshot2021-05-26231909MondeoKugaSmaxGalaxy.thumb.png.c5f49c667d85cc5eaf8628a04c624bab.png

Would this work ok, and have red backlighting same as the current one? or is the safer bet to find a Mk 1 Kuga one?

Thanks

Having managed to do some more digging it looks like Kuga mk 1 or late model Focus CC would be the best donor cars for this, and sods law those are the hardest or most pricey to find 😞

Plan B I'm looking at getting a later unit e.g Mondeo or later C-max and swapping my internals into it - can see people must have been able to open them up to do SMD conversions etc

Anyone got experience of doing this?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club