Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low pitch creaking from front when braking.

RichardSpaul

Hello, I'm new here. I'm having a problem with a noise coming from the front on my Fiesta when braking.

It started happening after I slid on some ice and went up a kerb, the car started to make a rhythmic, low pitched, creaking noise when braking. I can't quite tell if it's just coming from the driver side, which is the side I went up the kerb, but it's definitely at the front of the car.

I took the car to the garage and they said I needed new brakes so got that done but the problem continued, I took it back and even took the mechanic out with me so he could hear the noise and where it was coming from. Later in the day he came back to me and said that they couldn't find anything.

I wondered if maybe I had dented the wheel or something but I had my tyres changed as well and would have thought they would have seen that.

Took it to ford garage and they said it was the anti roll bar bushes, again the noise continued.

My neighbour said she has the same problem and has taken her car, a Fiesta, to many places to no avail.

So does this problem ring a bell with anyone? I don't want to keep taking it to places to be charged labour and not have it fixed.

Anti roll bar bushes creaking is a common problem on Fiestas especially on mine.

Been a few days now so changing the anti roll bar bushes definitely didn't work. Have it booked in again for further investigation.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club