Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk7 fiesta alarm issue

wicket73

hello,my wife's fiesta titanium x has just developed an annoying problem.

She got home from work last night and within five minutes the alarm was going off.i went out and unlocked it and checked that all the doors and windows were closed and locked it up again and all was fine for an hour and then it did it again.i went out and unlocked and locked it up again and all was fine until 4.00 this morning and it did it again and then again at 8.00.

i am at a bit of a loss as to what could be causing this so any help would be greatly appreciated.It is a 64 plate ecoboost titanium x with 28,000 miles.

is it just perimeter alarm or one with sensors inside the car

Thats a good question!!i think its the sensors inside the car

Actually, just remembered, on my 2015 Fiesta if I use a OBD port code reader which I got from tunnel rat, connected to my laptop using free software got from the links on the Tunnel rat website it tells me what sensor triggered the alarm for about the last 5 activations I think.

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

Mine is the modified USB one.

software links:

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/page/help

(Modified means it has an extra switch added to access more stuff when used on a Ford)

I have got forscan and the correct lead so i will plug it in tommorow and see what that brings up.

pound to a penny it will be boot lock/switch. not worth trying to spray wd40 into just replace the whole lock/switch. very common problem.

I had to have my boot lock replaced but it was under guarantee.

which bit did they replace? the actual switch up under the number plate lights, (another weak point) or the actual latch/motor lock part? the micro switch for the alarm is built into the actual latch. might be worth checking the striker plate to make sure the boot is closing tightly with no movement.

Yesterday we went out to the car and had a bonnet open warning flash up on the display.and the bonnet wasn’t open so I’m guessing this is all related.booked in at the dealers today.

update.

car all fixed.it was ther bonnet catch rocker switch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club