Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

11 hours ago, mastachaz said:

You want it ? 

Sorry mas, yes please I still want it!

• Thanks 1

@Luke_Anderson can you use the media hub that has a line in on it as well as USB and SD card?

4 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

@Luke_Anderson can you use the media hub that has a line in on it as well as USB and SD card?

Yes you can, the standard focus facelift one has the line in on it 👍🏻

• Like 1

I will also have a sync 2 system to sell as of next week, after doing mine my friend asked me to do his, he promptly bought the apim/fdim, acm and fascia and then crashed his car today ( no one injured ) so I’ve bought the bits off him and will be selling them 👍🏻

• Like 1

Ok so next few questions (you were expecting it!!):

In your write up, you say with FoCCCus to set a lot of things to 'without', for example line in and DAB.

If I were to use a line in hub, would that need to be different? Also, I currently have DAB - I never thought to ask if sync 2 has it as standard.

Or is all of this covered by the later option, changing to 8" screen?

I believe the reason behind setting most things to without is because the sync 2 system handles it all within one module, but what I can tell you is that it all works perfectly 👍🏻 As far as I’m aware all sync 2 is dab, I haven’t come across anything to suggest otherwise 👍🏻👍🏻

The thing to remember is that by doing this upgrade your changing the entire entertainment system as it is so nothing is reused from the old system. I’ve been living with it for a week now and it’s fantastic, so pleased with it 😁😁

• Like 1

SYNC 2 (and also SYNC 3) is available both with and without DAB. Whether DAB is standard or not depends on the market (country) and trim level.

Well I hope the one I've bought from Mas has DAB lol!

Yeah that's what I figured, I just didn't want to change a setting that was different for your setup.

Should turn up early next week, just the ancillary bits to buy then the convincing of the wife for me to be out in the car for most of the day... 🙂

mast if have dab then have DAB on it you cn check that , also i remove it and dab its still working without rod.

I’m fairly certain all uk sync 2 and 3 are with dab, but as jw1982 said I think European markets are different 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Well I hope the one I've bought from Mas has DAB lol!

Yeah that's what I figured, I just didn't want to change a setting that was different for your setup.

Should turn up early next week, just the ancillary bits to buy then the convincing of the wife for me to be out in the car for most of the day... 🙂

What bits you got left to get? 

• Like 1

Media hub and bezel (if required - looks like a straight swap for the one that's in...?) 

Pins or donor sync plug ( though having said that, is it possible to cut off the pins no longer required and solder to the pig tails?)

GPSM module

USB cables

Any trim pieces not included with what I've bought from Mas, which I think is just the cover piece.

Pretty much everything apart from the camera stuff as I don't have one (though I'd like to fit eventually).

4 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Media hub and bezel (if required - looks like a straight swap for the one that's in...?) 

Pins or donor sync plug ( though having said that, is it possible to cut off the pins no longer required and solder to the pig tails?)

GPSM module

USB cables

Any trim pieces not included with what I've bought from Mas, which I think is just the cover piece.

Pretty much everything apart from the camera stuff as I don't have one (though I'd like to fit eventually).

You’ll defo need the media hub and bezel and also the plug for the hub, there are way more pins that need to be added than come out so I’d hunt for a sync plug if I were you 👍🏻

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

You’ll defo need the media hub and bezel and also the plug for the hub, there are way more pins that need to be added than come out so I’d hunt for a sync plug if I were you 👍🏻

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-centre-console-media-sync-cable-F1ET-15K857-CRD-2014-17-SD-USB-AUX/263647381772?hash=item3d629bc90c:g:fc4AAOSw7rdacuDW

• Thanks 1

That is what you will need 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Ok I bought it 🙂

So that covers the hub, required pins and loom to connect it, right?

Need a mondy bezel, GPSM module and whatever trim pieces are missing from Mas's bundle. That should arrive tomorrow :))

Edit:: knock the module off that list 🙂

Sadly you’ll still need some pins for the apim, and some cable to extend to the media hub pins 👍🏻

• Like 1

Can I not steal some from the loom I've bought as I won't be needing the majority of it?

Or have I misunderstood what is reused from my own car?

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Can I not steal some from the loom I've bought as I won't be needing the majority of it?

Or have I misunderstood what is reused from my own car?

I’m afraid not, the loom for he media hub supplies you with the plug for the media hub, the rest of the loom won’t be used, you need to unravel the plug from that loom and chop it at the big block, then you add some new wires into the apim and extend them to the media hub plug, 7 in total. So you’ll still need the pins to add to the apim. The usb cable that is supplied with the loom doesn’t fit into the one that’s already in the car so you will also need to add your own usb. 

• Like 1

If you have a scrap yard nearby maybe go see if they will let you chop the plug off a car? Doesn’t have to be focus just a ford with that plug 

• Like 1

Yeah I sort of see now, the loom I bought yesterday has just turned up. I'm buying on spec and advice really as I haven't dismantled anything to see what's what myself yet, preferring to to do everything in one go.

I'd have a better understanding if I'd seen it all myself if you see!

Right so this is my media hub:

20180515_091000.thumb.jpg.043fc6e52599a64c8d4240c0944b223c.jpg

These are the plugs available, one loom style, two USB:

20180515_091004.thumb.jpg.cc6d19b2ffdc0770482b81e0fcc81a67.jpg

You're saying follow the grey plug back to this plug and cut it off:

20180515_091010.thumb.jpg.a39d24662f0fc8df9df8f918c85207b1.jpg

And these two USB plugs need extending with male to males?:

20180515_091014.thumb.jpg.058731a0a4f66b52c08a4c89a0e5b138.jpg

Everything else is scrap as far as I'm concerned. Right?

Edit: yes I'm still in my pyjamas. Yes I've been playing rocket league on ps4... Don't judge me.

• Haha 1

I can see phil adding to the guide  with more pics :) as reading some of the guide unless you have done it seems a bit hard to digest  

Ahh, you've seen my build thread. I'd probably add this to my build thread with a step by step, but kudos will always be to Luke for doing it first and guiding me through it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GPSM module has turned up today as well. That's fast delivery!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club