Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

cheers Luke [emoji106]
park pilot sorted [emoji106]
can't get passed the "can't init elm" in focccus ?
any ideas Luke ?

Does your cable/adaptor have an HS/MS can switch? Might be that if you don’t? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yes its got that 👍

yes its got that [emoji106]

I’m sure the switch has to be in a certain position for foccus to read the car. Try it on ms and then hs :)

just to be sure I am doin this right I plug the usb in the laptop then into the car and then run the software 

right got it all sorted now 😁 now left with a engine management light on 😭

Open up FORScan and see what DTCS are displayed if nothing of concern just clear them and they shouldn’t re-appear. You should only have errors for APIM and something about door locking because the switch isn’t on the sync 2 facia

Hi Guys.

I have just stumbled across this Forum and it’s like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I have been thinking of doing this mod for a long time but couldn’t find any info about it on the net and then I find you guys, as this is my first post go easy on me......😎

I have a Focus ST3 (2013) and it was fitted from new with the upgraded Sony head unit with 5” screen, reverse camera, rear parking sensors, DAB radio and satnav. Has anybody on here upgraded from Sync1 > Sync3 with the setup I have or can you tell me if it is possible to do what I want to do?

Also I spotted this on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZIZON-Connector-Camera-Harness-Extension/dp/B07G16KK4F has anybody bought one of these and converted into a bridge cable to save having to alter so much of the original loom, did it fit and did it work?

10 hours ago, Doger said:

Hi Guys.

I have just stumbled across this Forum and it’s like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I have been thinking of doing this mod for a long time but couldn’t find any info about it on the net and then I find you guys, as this is my first post go easy on me......😎

I have a Focus ST3 (2013) and it was fitted from new with the upgraded Sony head unit with 5” screen, reverse camera, rear parking sensors, DAB radio and satnav. Has anybody on here upgraded from Sync1 > Sync3 with the setup I have or can you tell me if it is possible to do what I want to do?

Also I spotted this on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZIZON-Connector-Camera-Harness-Extension/dp/B07G16KK4F has anybody bought one of these and converted into a bridge cable to save having to alter so much of the original loom, did it fit and did it work?

Congratulations sir! You just made this job even easier for people! When I did this originally I couldn’t find them looms in the uk and from overseas they were silly money! You can essentially make a semi plug and play harness and you will also have a ton of pins left over, good find indeed! As for doing it your system is the same as what I started with so the upgrade will go just fine 👍🏻👍🏻

Congratulations sir! You just made this job even easier for people! When I did this originally I couldn’t find them looms in the uk and from overseas they were silly money! You can essentially make a semi plug and play harness and you will also have a ton of pins left over, good find indeed! As for doing it your system is the same as what I started with so the upgrade will go just fine [emoji1303][emoji1303]

If only I waited a few weeks I would have done this!!! Good find guys!

You could literally do the pin swaps on that harness adapter and then splice the media hub straight on to it. All before inserting it in the car. I’m absolutely kicking myself now lol!!

Good little harness for testing and things too!

Just a quick couple of questions before I take the plunge into my Sync 1 > Sync 3 conversion, when I get into the reprogramming of the APIM and I look for some as built data from another car (auto trader) to program it to, do I look for a face lift ST3 with Sync 3 which is what I intend to fit, or do I look an earlier Sync 2 pre face lift model, the reason I ask is that my car is a pre face lift ST3 and the face lift models changed things such as the adaptive headlights etc, and I wondered if these changes to the face lift model would affect any settings I download to my new setup?

Also do I need the original donor cars VIN to update Sync and Maps? If I do have the original cars VIN could I use this for the reprogramming of the APIM?      

I would look for a facelift st3 with the same options as yours, if your using that then only the apim needs to be reprogrammed so it’ll be fine, And yes you can use the vin of the same car to do the updates 👍🏻

On 5/22/2018 at 11:13 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

Also the byte I believe needs to changed is 7D0-02-02 make sure that the fifth is a 2 so. 

7D0-02-02 **** 2*** ****

good luck! 

I have changed this in Forscan and the parking display works 😀    but the park assist doesn't 😕 

Is it the active park assist? 

If so is a pre facelift car or a facelift? 

2013 pre face lift . not sure which you mean with park asisit or active park asist ?

active park assist i would say luke it steers it for you 

Yeah I had that issue, the area you need to play with in the apim as built is 7D0-04-02 XXX* XX, I think you change the * to a 7 

ok will have a play around on monday and get back to you cheers luke 👍🏻😀

I have bought one of the harnesses above from amazon, in the description it suggests that it's plug and play as it says' 

• Solve the Problem of No Additional CANs and The Microphone Is In A Different Place in SYNC1

I have checked the pins and they are pin for pin, none of them have been swapped. It does have all 54 pins though, I just need to work out how to get them out without damaging them.

I have bought one of the harnesses above from Amazon, in the description it suggests that it's plug and play as it says' 
  • Solve the Problem of No Additional CANs and The Microphone Is In A Different Place in SYNC1
I have checked the pins and they are pin for pin, none of them have been swapped. It does have all 54 pins though, I just need to work out how to get them out without damaging them.

Ahhh I could of told you this I asked the seller! The description is deceiving! Just literally pull the wire with a bit of force and the pin should come right out. That’s what I did anyway :)

1 hour ago, Monks600 said:

Ahhh I could of told you this I asked the seller! The description is deceiving! Just literally pull the wire with a bit of force and the pin should come right out. That’s what I did anyway 🙂

Yes, I have started to pull it apart, I've got them all out of the plug side, just need to get them out of the socket part then re-do it.

I've test fitted my unit this morning and it works, I'm just waiting on the bracket coming to get it in the right place.

There's still a few mod's to do but the climate works and it's not reversed either like I've seen in some of the other posts.

One thing I did notice was to do with the USB, the system said it doesn't play protected media through external devices. Has anyone had this issue and is there a work around or setting that can be changed?

Odd one- took me far to long to ask this as I’ve been busy.. but, my ST only has rear beeping sensors from factory. I’ve changed the hex value on the APIM and now every time I put it in reverse I get something along the lines of ‘ fault contact dealership’. I’m going to do the camera at a later date but all I want is like the visual car beeping reverse picture thing? Where have I gone wrong?

Just noticed I have settings the enable reverse camera and visual guide in the sync 2 menu. Changing these do nothing unfortunately

16 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Odd one- took me far to long to ask this as I’ve been busy.. but, my ST only has rear beeping sensors from factory. I’ve changed the hex value on the APIM and now every time I put it in reverse I get something along the lines of ‘ fault contact dealership’. I’m going to do the camera at a later date but all I want is like the visual car beeping reverse picture thing? Where have I gone wrong?

Just noticed I have settings the enable reverse camera and visual guide in the sync 2 menu. Changing these do nothing unfortunately

If all worked fine before then it really would only be a coding issue 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club