Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Morning all.

Can anybody tell me if the Sync 2 GPSM module - DE8T-19H463-DC is the same as the one fitted to Sync 3 system, if not will it work with a Sync 3 system.

Also is there a simple way to tell just by looking if Sync 3 APIM module is a NAV or a NON NAV version.:thumbup:

If all worked fine before then it really would only be a coding issue 

See, never worked before because I forgot about it. I never had a visual display before hand... just the beeping. So I was wondering if I could have the visual with beeping? I only have rear sensors.

There’s a few loose ends on this retrofit I’m trying to sort out but having a baby and working with lack of sleep is killing me lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all, what a great thread this is, I have been thinking of doing this upgrade since I bought my new to me car in January.

I haven't got a focus but a Mk 2 Kuga titanium 65 plate, 

Few questions though, how does the new 8" screen attach to the dash as its double the size of the sync 1 screen? 

Has anyone ever done this on a Kuga ? as when doing this upgrade the CD player and screen swap positions so CD player is on top and screen under the CD player. 

how does all of this fit in different places? or do I have to change the "bracket" it all attaches to?

Hopefully someone can help before I spent a lot of money

it Is most definitely possible, in fact I took most of my research from someone that had done this in a kuga. You would need to change the whole bracket and fascia assembly, I believe there is also some small cutting to do on the dash, sounds worse than it is, it’s all pretty straightforward 👍🏻

Luke 

I'am about to start on this next weekend on my Kuga, do you have the link to it. I have seen that its Alan that had done this upgrade, but trying to work out how the screen ( APIM ) is held in place.

47 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

it Is most definitely possible, in fact I took most of my research from someone that had done this in a kuga. You would need to change the whole bracket and fascia assembly, I believe there is also some small cutting to do on the dash, sounds worse than it is, it’s all pretty straightforward 👍🏻

ok silly question time, any idea what the bracket is called that holds everything in ??

I’d probably call it a chassis 

6 hours ago, paulb64 said:

Luke 

I'am about to start on this next weekend on my Kuga, do you have the link to it. I have seen that its Alan that had done this upgrade, but trying to work out how the screen ( APIM ) is held in place.

https://www.drive2.ru/b/1557430/

If you view it in google chrome then it’ll translate the Russian for you, there are 5 or 6 parts to it but has some great pictures for the physical install

8 hours ago, Monks600 said:

See, never worked before because I forgot about it. I never had a visual display before hand... just the beeping. So I was wondering if I could have the visual with beeping? I only have rear sensors.

There’s a few loose ends on this retrofit I’m trying to sort out but having a baby and working with lack of sleep is killing me lol!

Odd, are they factory for sensors? If you upgraded from sync 1 and they are factory fit then it should have had the visual display 

• Like 1

Luke.

I’m getting a bit confused over the GPS Antennas, I have a 2013 Focus ST3 which has a Sony head unit Sync 1 with satnav 5” screen, reverse camera and parking sensors as standard, I see from the forum posts that it should have a GPSM module - DE8T-19H463-DC on the front screen behind the mirror and I also see it has got a GPS module in the aerial base on the roof of the car!

If I upgrade from Sync 1 straight to Sync 3 with satnav will I need to use either or both of these antennas in the conversion or will I need to buy something different?

Also is there a simple way to tell just by looking if Sync 3 APIM module is a NAV or a NON NAV version.:thumbup:

Rog

Odd, are they factory for sensors? If you upgraded from sync 1 and they are factory fit then it should have had the visual display 

Yup factory fitted. Checked the vin. It’s odd, I get the beeping when reverse is initiated then I get a camera display and no visual at all. Straight after the black screen I get a contact dealership message. I know it’s 100% programming but it’s what to change!

Soon as I pop it in neutral the screen goes back to normal. Yeah, mine was a Sony sync1 unit. Didn’t have any visual display on that just the beeping. How odd!

19 hours ago, David1981 said:

ok silly question time, any idea what the bracket is called that holds everything in ??

Hi please see attached for bracket I had to get mine from Foray Motor Group. The bracket was around £47 Inc delv. All the other parts Inc APIM & fascias I sourced from eBay, took some doing but got there eventually.

image001.png

received_2052795251508740.png

On 3/8/2019 at 1:20 AM, Luke_Anderson said:

Yeah I had that issue, the area you need to play with in the apim as built is 7D0-04-02 XXX* XX, I think you change the * to a 7 

gutted that didn't work 😤

To be honest I can’t remember exactly what one it is, play around changing that number from 1-9 until it works 😂

• Like 1

its not guna fubar it up is it ?🤑

Nah, shouldn’t do, I think that’s how I found the right setting for mine was just to try them all till it worked! Are you sync 2 or 3? 

sync 2 all sorted it was number 5 .....front rear PDC/SAPP (EU-HMI)

cheers again Luke 🤝

On 3/9/2019 at 2:39 PM, andspenka said:

I've test fitted my unit this morning and it works, I'm just waiting on the bracket coming to get it in the right place.

There's still a few mod's to do but the climate works and it's not reversed either like I've seen in some of the other posts.

One thing I did notice was to do with the USB, the system said it doesn't play protected media through external devices. Has anyone had this issue and is there a work around or setting that can be changed?

New one on me I’m afraid 😕

10 hours ago, Doger said:

Luke.

I’m getting a bit confused over the GPS Antennas, I have a 2013 Focus ST3 which has a Sony head unit Sync 1 with satnav 5” screen, reverse camera and parking sensors as standard, I see from the forum posts that it should have a GPSM module - DE8T-19H463-DC on the front screen behind the mirror and I also see it has got a GPS module in the aerial base on the roof of the car!

If I upgrade from Sync 1 straight to Sync 3 with satnav will I need to use either or both of these antennas in the conversion or will I need to buy something different?

Rog

If your going straight to Sync 3 then you don’t need the module behind the rear view mirror, you just connect it to the gps antenna in the aerial base. 

Sadly there is no visual visual difference between the nav and non nav ones. Even the part numbers don’t give away much, that said I have bought 2 now that we’re both advertised without nav that ended up having nav built in. I believe that nav is more common than non nav and even if it doesn’t have it then CarPlay supports google maps, apple maps and waze.

10 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Yup factory fitted. Checked the vin. It’s odd, I get the beeping when reverse is initiated then I get a camera display and no visual at all. Straight after the black screen I get a contact dealership message. I know it’s 100% programming but it’s what to change!

Soon as I pop it in neutral the screen goes back to normal. Yeah, mine was a Sony sync1 unit. Didn’t have any visual display on that just the beeping. How odd!

The error is caused by the unit looking for a reverse camera that isn’t there. If you set the following values it should give you the on screen PDC and remove the camera for now ( and the error ) 

7D0-02-02 **** 2*** ****

7D0-01-01 *0** **** ****

9 hours ago, paulb64 said:

Hi please see attached for bracket I had to get mine from Foray Motor Group. The bracket was around £47 Inc delv. All the other parts Inc APIM & fascias I sourced from eBay, took some doing but got there eventually.

image001.png

received_2052795251508740.png

Nice find, seems there a few wanting to do this to kugas 

5 hours ago, bishbashbosh09 said:

sync 2 all sorted it was number 5 .....front rear PDC/SAPP (EU-HMI)

cheers again Luke 🤝

No worries, I knew it was one of them 👍🏻👍🏻

No worries, I knew it was one of them [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Will give it a go on my dinner at work tomorrow! Thanks mate. Again, appreciate your responses and effort!

Still on the hunt for a sync 3 unit at a reasonable price. Hoping someone doesn’t know what there listing!

I’d love to use Waze on my car headunit. I’ve been using it on my phones for years and it’s just miles ahead of a conventional sat nav.

Luke.

Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge, it makes my job so much easier.  👍

Rog

So, changed them values and now the reverse camera has gone. Which is great. But I still don’t get a visual display for the rear parking sensors. Even reset the apim after and before the changes... still no dice. I believe Phil had a similar config to mine?

11 hours ago, Doger said:

Luke.

Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge, it makes my job so much easier.  👍

Rog

You are more than welcome, it makes me feel like a very low budget celebrity 😂

7 hours ago, Monks600 said:

So, changed them values and now the reverse camera has gone. Which is great. But I still don’t get a visual display for the rear parking sensors. Even reset the apim after and before the changes... still no dice. I believe Phil had a similar config to mine?

Odd, I think we are looking at possibly 1 of 2 things. 

1. there is more programming needed

2. Maybe the park control module doesn’t support visual feedback? 

Would you be able to post a picture of your apim as built? 

Sure, I’ll snap a pic when I get chance. Also going to dog out the model number for that module too. I’m thinking it might be the module... saying that though Phils setup is exactly the same as mine except mines a Focus ST. Pretty sure half the parts if not all are the same apart from the engine obviously.

I would have thought the modules are all the same. Other thing to look at would be the programming for the Pam module as I believe there are also settings in there for visual output 

I would have thought the modules are all the same. Other thing to look at would be the programming for the Pam module as I believe there are also settings in there for visual output 

Yeah me too, quite a lot of the stuff one fords is the same it’s just a matter of programming the modules. I’ll take a good look at it soon when I get a few hours. As for the picture, load up for scan and go to apim asbuilt data and take a picture of that?

6 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Yeah me too, quite a lot of the stuff one fords is the same it’s just a matter of programming the modules. I’ll take a good look at it soon when I get a few hours. As for the picture, load up for scan and go to apim asbuilt data and take a picture of that?

Yes please 👍🏻👍🏻

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club