Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Hi Luke.

Just picked this up today, If anybody has a spare Sync 3 Media Hub and loom I'm in the market for one. 

I have already started to modify my amazon bridge cable for Sync 1 to Sync 3 but but have come to a standstill as I am a bit unsure of a few things.

I'm not sure about the GPSM module - DE8T-19H463-DC this is already fitted to my car and connected to the loom, where are the other ends of the wires and how do I connect them up? That HSD ADAPTOR PIN 1 and 2 for reverse camera but where dose that plug connect to? I know these are all part of the same thing but I can't quite get it straight in my head.

Thanks for any help. Rog.

2019-03-15 14.36.08.jpg

6 hours ago, Doger said:

Just picked this up today, If anybody has a spare Sync 3 Media Hub and loom I'm in the market for one. 

I have one, but the wiring is for a Kuga. I am not sure if it's exactly the same but I'm sure it could be adapted. Let me know if you're interested.

17 hours ago, Doger said:

I'm not sure about the GPSM module - DE8T-19H463-DC this is already fitted to my car and connected to the loom, where are the other ends of the wires and how do I connect them up? That HSD ADAPTOR PIN 1 and 2 for reverse camera but where dose that plug connect to? I know these are all part of the same thing but I can't quite get it straight in my head.

Thanks for any help. Rog.

Okay so if your going sync 3 then you don’t need the gpsm module. It won’t hurt to leave it connected but it isn’t used. You’ll need a normal fakra gps antenna. If your coming from sync 1 in a pre facelift with nav then you will already have a gps antenna in the aerial base and the connector behind the screen. If not you will need to get one of eBay, they are a few quid and there is a multitude of places to mount them under the dash. 

As for the hsd reverse cam connector, the lead that you make connects to the apim plug input. 

This is also a good way to get the hub and loom, then sell on the console once you’ve finished 👍🏻

CEE634EB-7198-4181-BAC4-0E897868DC1B.png

Hi Luke.

That amazon cable I’m making up all connections go straight through Pin 1 > 1, Pin 54 > 54 and so on. The  Sync 1 end which goes straight to the car loom with no mods to the new modified Sync 3 end of the cable which will then plug into the APIM. Will the Reverse camera video + and – Pins 14 and 15 already be in my cars loom so will pass through to the same pins on the Sync 3 end of the adapter cable?

That centre console looks a great idea I will look into that 👍, I see it has only 1 USB connector in the arm rest is that OK or will I need a twin USB outlet hub? Also what does the large connector in the picture connect to, will it be on my car or is it something I will have to buy?

Thanks again. Rog   

2019-03-16 11.35.17.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Hi Luke.

Don’t know if this helps but this is the back of the display unit I think it’s the early type which has a separate camera module, this is why I couldn’t see where the green HSD adapter plugged in will this affect anything on my last post.  

Rog.

2018-04-18 16.39.52.jpg

16 minutes ago, Doger said:

Hi Luke.

Don’t know if this helps but this is the back of the display unit I think it’s the early type which has a separate camera module, this is why I couldn’t see where the green HSD adapter plugged in will this affect anything on my last post.  

Rog.

2018-04-18 16.39.52.jpg

I’ve labelled your photo for you 👍🏻 

The big block on the console won’t be used. If you bought a console to use you would cut off the media hub plug and wire it into your existing loom. The camera inputs would need to go into the sync 3 connector, you’ll need a fakra to bare wire adaptor 👍🏻

56A9EA90-AEC3-420A-95E5-3E695E519A7C.jpeg

Hi Luke.

I presume this is what I require with the Braid on the outside going to video - Pin 15 and the inner wire video + Pin 14 on the Sync 3 APIM connector.

Thanks again.

2019-03-16 16.43.48.jpg

Basically yes 👍🏻

Quick one, does anyone have the pin out for the media hub? Or the actual connector that goes in to it?

Making the loom for a friend and got the hub just as it is so could do with the pin out. Going to solder the cables directly to it.

1e4a2bfb8472e0a8bfb5f84a9f2aa8c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Luke.

I bought that complete console that you gave me the link for :thumbup: and have now removed all the wiring and media hub from it. Could you be so kind as to run me through what I have to do with the 7 wires that will come from the sync 3 APIM plug pins 8,9,10,11,28,20 and 38 and where the other ends will be connected. I take it this is the plug I'm looking for.

I have read through the forum posts and the conversion table so many times I think my brain is now fried 🤯 and I need to walk away and have a drink! I do hope you can point me in the right direction.  

Thanks in advance. Rog

2019-03-19 17.23.15.jpg

1 hour ago, Doger said:

Hi Luke.

I bought that complete console that you gave me the link for :thumbup: and have now removed all the wiring and media hub from it. Could you be so kind as to run me through what I have to do with the 7 wires that will come from the sync 3 APIM plug pins 8,9,10,11,28,20 and 38 and where the other ends will be connected. I take it this is the plug I'm looking for.

I have read through the forum posts and the conversion table so many times I think my brain is now fried 🤯 and I need to walk away and have a drink! I do hope you can point me in the right direction.  

Thanks in advance. Rog

2019-03-19 17.23.15.jpg

I made a loom to run from the APIM to the media hub plug, I had to re-pin the media plug as they weren't in the correct places according to the conversion chart.

The original in the car only had a USB and line in which only had 3 wires so I removed all the wires from the main centre console connecting plug and created a loom to run up to the back of the Sync unit.

I know what you mean about having a fried brain, I was exactly the same but now that it's done it was all worth it.

4 hours ago, Doger said:

Hi Luke.

Thanks in advance. Rog

2019-03-19 17.23.15.jpg

I’ll be honest, I don’t recognise that plug at all? The one going into the media hub should only have 2 wires going into a 4 pin plug 

6 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Quick one, does anyone have the pin out for the media hub? Or the actual connector that goes in to it?

Making the loom for a friend and got the hub just as it is so could do with the pin out. Going to solder the cables directly to it.

1e4a2bfb8472e0a8bfb5f84a9f2aa8c5.jpg

05CD1AAE-D66B-4E1A-9D75-1B8BFD1B79B8.thumb.jpeg.46a84974af89611fe7a73e2b3bb0bed3.jpeg

• Like 1

05CD1AAE-D66B-4E1A-9D75-1B8BFD1B79B8.thumb.jpeg.46a84974af89611fe7a73e2b3bb0bed3.jpeg

Legend, cheers pal!

Just a random thought, what pins does the actual SD card slot run over? From what I understand, one of the USB ports connects to the back of the sync unit and the over connects to another usb slot up front. From the pin out it’s looks as if you have basic 5v and audio for the line in. No mention of the SD card a lot?

I believe that both the usb and sd slot are carried over the one usb cable 👍🏻

Cool thanks. So technically all you need to connect 5v+ and ground to power the hub and just bang in a USB cable. If that’s the case, you could easily get away without running the media hub cables to the sync unit. Just use the USB cable already there by Ford. I’m going to do a bit of testing later and I’ll report back :)

Hi Luke.

I am completely lost on this Media Hub wiring now, I must be missing something or talking at cross purposes! Let me say, so I don’t confuse myself and you, that if I have 7 wires coming from a Sync 3 APIM plug pins # 8,9,10,11,28,29 and 38 and I asked the question where do they go to?

I hope this doesn’t sound too abrupt as it’s not meant to.

These are the parts I have so you can tell me if I have the right parts in the first place. The plug with the Red insert in the centre is the one that plugs into the media hub, 4 pins only 2 used which are pins # 1 and 4 hope this all helps!

Thanks Rog

2019-03-19 14.06.50.jpg

2019-03-19 14.07.13.jpg

2019-03-19 14.11.07.jpg

2019-03-20 10.20.44.jpg

Hi after somemore help, does any have the as-built code to show Nav info on the dash cluster. I know mine is a Kuga but thinking the code would be the same.

Thanks

11 hours ago, Doger said:

Hi Luke.

I am completely lost on this Media Hub wiring now, I must be missing something or talking at cross purposes! Let me say, so I don’t confuse myself and you, that if I have 7 wires coming from a Sync 3 APIM plug pins # 8,9,10,11,28,29 and 38 and I asked the question where do they go to?

I hope this doesn’t sound too abrupt as it’s not meant to.

These are the parts I have so you can tell me if I have the right parts in the first place. The plug with the Red insert in the centre is the one that plugs into the media hub, 4 pins only 2 used which are pins # 1 and 4 hope this all helps!

Thanks Rog

2019-03-19 14.06.50.jpg

2019-03-19 14.07.13.jpg

2019-03-19 14.11.07.jpg

2019-03-20 10.20.44.jpg

Don’t panic! You do have the right parts 👍🏻

So the loom that was in that center console you bought won’t work if place of the loom on the existing console, that’s because on a facelift there are various switches etc that won’t tie up with your current console. 

On sync 3 everything is carried over usb, therefore you only need a power and ground connected to the hub itself. So you cut off the grey plug that goes into the hub and wire it to the apim. You could also repurpose the wires that originally went to the aux in port if you wish. 

Pin 1 of the media hub goes to pin 8 of the apim, 

Pin 4 of the media hub goes to pin 38 of the apim 

Hope  this helps 👍🏻👍🏻

@Luke_Anderson Thank you very much :thumbup:  all of a sudden everything has become clear. 👓 (well for the moment anyway). Rog

Yes please [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sorry it took so long but here’s a photo of my apim adba3bb057cf00caa5802372945ad2c5.jpg

1 hour ago, Monks600 said:

Sorry it took so long but here’s a photo of my apim adba3bb057cf00caa5802372945ad2c5.jpg

That all looks to be okay, can you access the pam module as built? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club