Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

@Luke_Anderson

Thanks for the swift response this morning,:thumbup: as you can see from the picture I have had quite a good day today.😊 I have noticed from the setting that it has already picked up my cars VIN # where did it get that from? And will it be a problem when I get round to updating Sync as it on version 2.3 and I will need to put in the donor cars VIN # to update it.

One other thing on the back of the ACM there are 2 Fakra connectors a Black and a White I know one is for the GPS antenna on the roof, which one is which and what is the second one for?      

2019-04-06 16.16.06.jpg

It pulls the vin from your bcm module, I used my donor cars vin to update and it works fine 👍🏻 

The black and white fakras are dab and fm antennas, the gps is the blue fakra that goes to the apim 

That’s fantastic work. Would love to tackle something like this but I’m one of those that’ll.

not only brick the car but break it too 😂😂😂

You’d be amazed at how resilient these cars are, When I was working this all out there was a lot of trial and error, especially with the coding side of things. It’s actually quite hard to break it permanently! I think everyone should try doing things at least once, you might surprise yourself! 

@Luke_Anderson Hello again.

OK today I got on the Fun Part as you describe it; I used Forscan and wrote the ***** Built Data from a 2018 Focus ST3 same as mine but newer, all seemed to work fine as when I cycled the ignition the splash screen had change from Ford to ST Performance.

Next I moved on to FoCCCus  to make the changes as in your write up lines 125, 154, 157,172 all OK.

But line 123 has only 2 entries in it NOT SET and UNKNOWN both show up as 00?

Next line 214 this line only has 08 entries available so could only enter the 09 value?  

Can you give me any guidance on this one?

Thanks again Rog  

On 3/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, andspenka said:

I have one, but the wiring is for a Kuga. I am not sure if it's exactly the same but I'm sure it could be adapted. Let me know if you're interested.

Do you still have the media hub and loom for the kuga ? as I am in need, just about to take the plunge and upgrade my kuga from sync 1 to sync 3 

I saw this!!! Crafty or what! Couldn’t believe it hahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Monks600 said:

I saw this!!! Crafty or what! Couldn’t believe it hahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

or maybe its this one they buy 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZIZON-Camera-Connector-Extension-Harness/dp/B07G2B1WCC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=B07G2B1WCC&qid=1554909977&s=gateway&sr=8-1

20 hours ago, David1981 said:

Do you still have the media hub and loom for the kuga ? as I am in need, just about to take the plunge and upgrade my kuga from sync 1 to sync 3 

Yes I do, I have the one with the 2 x USB, SD card slot and line in on it. Comes with the full centre console wiring loom.

Hi everyone 

my first post 😉

I have been looking into doing this myself just read this topic and forgive me if i have missed this, but has anyone tried to do this with manual heater controls as my heaters don't have the blue connector to add the GPS wires to 😞 

Any help would be great 

14 hours ago, Zetec prdro said:

Hi everyone 

my first post 😉

I have been looking into doing this myself just read this topic and forgive me if i have missed this, but has anyone tried to do this with manual heater controls as my heaters don't have the blue connector to add the GPS wires to 😞 

Any help would be great 

In this scenario you can either find another pair of ms-can wires or just run a pair of wires Up to the gpsm module and tap into it there 

In the Kuga, the GPS module is behind the Speedo, you can see the metal bracket held in with the screw, the module is attached to that. This is where I tapped in to the wires. 

IMG_0112.JPG

On the back of the apim why do some modules have 2 mini usb input (white and black plug) and some only have the one (black) what are they both for ? 

Hey everybody ✌️

I did the Sync 3 upgrade in my 2011 Focus Titanium. 

Everything works except two (very irritating things 😞

1: Emergancy call, whenever I start my car it says “Emergancy call fault, please contact your dealer for service... 

1a) HOW can I fix this problem! It’s driving me crazy 😕 

2) voice control, when music is played it doesn’t work, if I turn off audio (by pressing the button in the rotary knob) it works but it’s muted no audio.... 

2a): how do I fix this?

Do any of you have similar problem? 

***Every wire has been checked and is working/good*** 

AHU is from previous radio and not a new from sync 3 car 

8 hours ago, MUMA said:

AHU is from previous radio and not a new from sync 3 car

So you are using your original sync 1 audio module? 

2 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

So you are using your original sync 1 audio module? 

Yeah mate

I’d probably start by swapping that out for a sync 3 one 

6 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I’d probably start by swapping that out for a sync 3 one 

Just tried swapping my audio unit with a sync 3 one and it didn’t work.. 😞 it still did it. Wondering if i need to configure something in FORScan/Focccus 

Have you done the focccus programming yet? 

3 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Have you done the focccus programming yet? 

Yeah every thing just like you Said mate 😕 

Odd, was it defiantly sync you upgraded from? 

13 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Odd, was it defiantly sync you upgraded from? 

Upgraded from a Non SYNC to SYNC 3

I’m assuming that the issue is going to be in that then, hopefully some coding can sort it out!  How was the upgrade from non sync? 

1 hour ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I’m assuming that the issue is going to be in that then, hopefully some coding can sort it out!  How was the upgrade from non sync? 

Happy days!!!! 

Emergancy assist now works!!!! 

Have been listening to “Emergancy call fault, please contact you dealer for service” for six months!!! 

Had to code the RCM to enable Emergancy calls! 

6 months ago I bought a plug and play conversion harness everything worked perfectly except for I now have to find out why voice control doesn’t work with music on. 

The upgrade from non sync to sync 3 was easy the coding was same as yours 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club