Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Again could be coding but I believe it could also be something to do with the steering wheel buttons 

when searching for a donor car for the as built data does the donor have to be the same spec as what I already have in my current car ? would it matter to much if the donor car has a few more extras than mine or will this bugger it up? also I'm going to add an after market reversing camera whilst I have it all in bits, does the as built data have to include the camera or is it easy enough to just make the changes in forescan ?

10 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I’m assuming that the issue is going to be in that then, hopefully some coding can sort it out!  How was the upgrade from non sync? 

Can you upgrade from a none sync 

8 hours ago, MUMA said:

Happy days!!!! 

Emergancy assist now works!!!! 

Have been listening to “Emergancy call fault, please contact you dealer for service” for six months!!! 

Had to code the RCM to enable Emergancy calls! 

6 months ago I bought a plug and play conversion harness everything worked perfectly except for I now have to find out why voice control doesn’t work with music on. 

The upgrade from non sync to sync 3 was easy the coding was same as yours 

Can you upgrade from a none sync and if so where did you get the harness from please mate I’ve bought a sync 2 but my old plug is nothing like what I need to put in the sync/screen the rest of them fit the new stuff though 

1 hour ago, Lingy10 said:

Can you upgrade from a none sync 

Can you upgrade from a none sync and if so where did you get the harness from please mate I’ve bought a sync 2 but my old plug is nothing like what I need to put in the sync/screen the rest of them fit the new stuff though 

Yeah you can do a non SYNC. Can’t remember where I bought mine  as I did over 9 months ago sorry mate.

4 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Again could be coding but I believe it could also be something to do with the steering wheel buttons 

I need to dig into what’s causing the voice control to shut off when music/radio is playing. 

If it ever comes back to you and you could let me know would be a big help mate I’ve spent the last week trying everything and everyone to find something! Cheers 

• Like 1

Quite honestly, post a picture of your steering wheel 

7 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Quite honestly, post a picture of your steering wheel 

BAF9983E-E729-493C-ADD0-AB57C08C4A4F.jpeg

Does anyone know if I can buy a converter/harness to make this fit the sync 2 I’ve seen nothing at all that looks like my plug 

2FEB3FB8-1684-4E63-89FB-4028360EEC18.jpeg

@Luke_Anderson

OK this morning I have finished off all the FoCCCus settings as in your write up and also the ones I PMed you about in the week. I have taken it out for a spin and all seems good, well almost everything.

I have a problem when the radio is on at the same time as the satnav the radio does not auto mute when the satnav gives instructions, when a phone call comes in it does auto mute the radio!

The other thing is the Dual Zone Climate control does not show up on the screen, I have goggled this one and there seems many different ways to get it to show on screen, what would you recommend as the best way, as everything you have told me so far has been 100% 👍  

And just one other thing the reverse camera works fine (see picture) but before the sync 3 upgrade there were some guide lines that the wheels track in they have gone! 

Sync is version V3.2 and maps are F6.1

2019-04-14 13.01.32.jpg

Does anyone know how to enable TMC in Sync3? 

TMC worked on my Sony (non sync) before I upgraded to Sync 3

Hi All.

This morning I updated my Sync 3 system software to version 3 built 18025 everything was successful the log file was created on the USB stick in the “SyncMyRide” folder but when I take the USB stick back to my computer and go to the Ford site and try to upload the file all I get is Sorry, error, try again later! Well I have tried again latter frequently!

Can anybody cast some light on this problem for me?

Just had a look in the file that's I'm trying to upload and it has my cars Vin # in it, as I got the update with the donor cars Vin # do you think this could be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Help needed,!!

Right today spent the day fitting sync 3, everything seems to be working ok apart from the button panel, none of the buttons work apart from the hazards and the lock door led, everything else is dead, any suggestions ?

sync 3 pin 51 and 52, I don't have the wires in the FCDIM to connect this up, is that a problem ?

moving the 2 wires from the ACM main plug to the ACM accessories plug, again the wires are not there, ?

programmed the apim and all seems to work ok, I think, the vin number the system displays is my car but shouldn't this change when changing the as built data?

how do I get the nav directions on my display on my dials?

car play, voice control, steering wheel controls all seem to be working ok

hopefully someone can help 

10 hours ago, David1981 said:

Help needed,!!

Right today spent the day fitting sync 3, everything seems to be working ok apart from the button panel, none of the buttons work apart from the hazards and the lock door led, everything else is dead, any suggestions ?

sync 3 pin 51 and 52, I don't have the wires in the FCDIM to connect this up, is that a problem ?

moving the 2 wires from the ACM main plug to the ACM accessories plug, again the wires are not there, ?

programmed the apim and all seems to work ok, I think, the vin number the system displays is my car but shouldn't this change when changing the as built data?

also I haven't used focccus to make the other changes, never used it before, how do I connect it to the car ??

Help needed,!!

What version of sync did you come from?
As for the front panel buttons, you need to run 2 wires from the FCDIM connector to the button panel connector. The exact pins are in the pdf on the first page. Once this done, all the buttons on the front panel will work fine. Again, all depends on which version of sync you have come from.

As for the ACM main plug to the accessories plug... if yours is a facelift model then the wires have probably already been swapped so you won’t have to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

What version of sync did you come from?
As for the front panel buttons, you need to run 2 wires from the FCDIM connector to the button panel connector. The exact pins are in the pdf on the first page. Once this done, all the buttons on the front panel will work fine. Again, all depends on which version of sync you have come from.

As for the ACM main plug to the accessories plug... if yours is a facelift model then the wires have probably already been swapped so you won’t have to do anything.

Come from sync 1 to sync 3, on a kuga though, so pre facelift, I have run 2 wires from the FCDIM connector, 1 is a new connection in the button panel plug and the other is spliced into another wire, maybe its the scotch block I used to splice it, ill have to do it properly and solder it to see if it makes any difference, 

as for the ACM plugs the wires that need changing are not in either plug

Come from sync 1 to sync 3, on a kuga though, so pre facelift, I have run 2 wires from the FCDIM connector, 1 is a new connection in the button panel plug and the other is spliced into another wire, maybe its the scotch block I used to splice it, ill have to do it properly and solder it to see if it makes any difference, 

Yeah I’d splice and solder then. Hated the scotch locks and caused me so many issues, especially with the front buttons! Once you’ve done that, your front buttons will be working :) I’m not too sure about the acm plug wires missing on both connectors though... all I can suggest is once plugged in and working, give it a go and see if it works. The kuga connectors may be slightly pinned different compared to my mk3 ST.

19 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Yeah I’d splice and solder then. Hated the scotch locks and caused me so many issues, especially with the front buttons! Once you’ve done that, your front buttons will be working 🙂 I’m not too sure about the acm plug wires missing on both connectors though... all I can suggest is once plugged in and working, give it a go and see if it works. The kuga connectors may be slightly pinned different compared to my mk3 ST.

ill go give it a go shortly, hopefully that will sort it,

also how do you connect focccus to the car and save a backup before I make any changes ?

ill go give it a go shortly, hopefully that will sort it,
also how do you connect focccus to the car and save a backup before I make any changes ?

Can’t remember of top of my head, google is your best best! Good luck! I’m pretty sure you click read to view your car configuration and then you literally click either save or export... can’t remember it’s been a while!

On 5/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, David1981 said:

I think your problem is the wire you have spliced into, was the wire a yellow one ?  if it was you have to replace the original wire (yellow) and replace it with the one from the FCDIM not splice 

Soldered the spliced wire and all works fine, that will teach me for using a scotch lock, apim programmed and added a reverse camera while I was there, all working as it should apart from the climate control on the sync is backwards for some reason but it all works. And I couldn’t get focccus to connect to my car just comes up with some error and sends my koogs nuts till I unplug it all 

Would you like to change mine I’ll pay 

Luke, do you know where the connection is for the mk3 footwell lights (apologies if i missed it in this thread)?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ali2995 said:

Would you like to change mine I’ll pay 

Can do, send me a pm 

18 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Luke, do you know where the connection is for the mk3 footwell lights (apologies if i missed it in this thread)?

I’m not sure what you mean? The footwell lights have nothing to do with swapping in a new sync unit 

10 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Can do, send me a pm 

I’m not sure what you mean? The footwell lights have nothing to do with swapping in a new sync unit 

I know that. I was just curious if you had come across the connection whilst dismantling your interior.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club