Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Ok
The module its on dash board for now [emoji846] yes its plugged.
Jus check by FORscan  and when I scan modules its not showing GPSM. So tomorrow I check all cables connections from sync 2 pin 16,17 till BMC pin 40 and 41 for MS-CAN

That’s because of the two wires I mentioned before, should take you half an hour and you’ll have a working sat nav in no time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, samslV said:

Ok

The module its on dash board for now 🙂 yes its plugged.

Jus check by FORscan  and when I scan modules its not showing GPSM. So tomorrow I check all cables connections from sync 2 pin 16,17 till BMC pin 40 and 41 for MS-CAN

So you have spliced into ms can wires that go into the BCM and the wires then go up to your sync unit and on the way they pick up the GPS module? 

Just now, Nathan Buffery said:

So you have spliced into ms can wires that go into the BCM and the wires then go up to your sync unit and on the way they pick up the GPS module? 

Yes correct. Like mentioned Monks600 I need check cables connection and soldering properly. 

If you have the power to the GPS I cannot see why it's not working. Mine came on instantly. I don't understand why you are splicing into the BCM, when you could take the ms can from the heater control like @Monks600. It's surely easier than BCM. 

4 minutes ago, Nathan Buffery said:

If you have the power to the GPS I cannot see why it's not working. Mine came on instantly. I don't understand why you are splicing into the BCM, when you could take the ms can from the heater control like @Monks600. It's surely easier than BCM. 

1 problem is possibly because I take power from media hub 🙂 About BCM I found information in Russian forum. 

image (1).png

Think I took the power from the back of the sync connector. Vbat and ground. 

Ok GPS working:)

I found behind speedometer original plug just plug in, and found missing contact on MS CAN- all fixt thanks for help.

Now need found wai not working reverse camera

• Like 2

Fix reverse camera to, no on reverse camera screen parktronics like in picture

up313819-IMG_20190917_183647.jpg

• Like 1

Okay so i've just got all excited like a little girl finding this upgrade and think it may be a project to do.

So just a few questions, I have a 2013 Titanium w/o sat nav, does installing this give me the GPS receiver to be able to use Sat Nav or do I need GPS originally in the car for that feature to work in the upgraded Sync 2?

Hi Jaiimez

I would recommend upgrading to Sync 3 if you can as this doesn't require an additional GPS module, it's built in to the unit. Plus, it's a much better system, faster, more features, nicer interface etc. Most people who upgraded to Sync 2 then went to Sync 3 as a result. The instructions are the same, you just need the Sync 3 kit instead. Read through the pages and you will get the detail.

Is your 2013 equipped with the standard or Sony version, and does it have Sync 1?

Cheers

James

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all already upgrade to Sync 3 [emoji846]

Wheyyy nice one! Where did you manage to source the sync 3 from and how much did you pay? I’m currently on the look out for sync 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 2:57 PM, Monks600 said:

Wheyyy nice one! Where did you manage to source the sync 3 from and how much did you pay? I’m currently on the look out for sync 3

Hi, found in Facebook kuga for parts pay £250. Now need sell sync 2 with F8 map

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,all,i have replaced my BT voice commande unit by a Sync 3 but i do not have access to  apim on Forscan although the screen and the radio go on it's not possible to change  my car's as built data,i do not know if the 53 and 54 wires are well connected.

Helpe please.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, first of all great post!

im gonna take the plunge and buy a complete sync 3 set up for 2016 focus with sync 1. I’m almost certainly gonna run into problems, is anyone still active on this post to provide guidance if necessary?

also can anyone post a link to a known good seller of FORScan off eBay/amazon?

thanks in advance 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:13 AM, Dan!! said:

Hello, first of all great post!

im gonna take the plunge and buy a complete sync 3 set up for 2016 focus with sync 1. I’m almost certainly gonna run into problems, is anyone still active on this post to provide guidance if necessary?

also can anyone post a link to a known good seller of FORScan off eBay/amazon?

thanks in advance 

forscan is free.but will need an extened licence to do the programming again this is free for a couple of weeks. you just need a els27 cable everything has just about been covered in these pages think there was just shy of 20 when i done mine and i read every page multiple times. buy the adapter off amazon first makes it a lot easier and quicker when at the car. saying that you have sync 2? being 2016? pretty much plug and play for you. just need the car play hub less than 30  quid on eBay

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, Tommo17 said:

forscan is free.but will need an extened licence to do the programming again this is free for a couple of weeks. you just need a els27 cable everything has just about been covered in these pages think there was just shy of 20 when i done mine and i read every page multiple times. buy the adapter off amazon first makes it a lot easier and quicker when at the car. saying that you have sync 2? being 2016? pretty much plug and play for you. just need the car play hub less than 30  quid on ebay

Cheers for the reply, i had sync 1 so all the wiring needed sorting, but after multiple hours reading threw the pages I give it a go. Straightforward really. I’ve also made a nice adapter for aftermarket reverse camera for the cost of £3. If anyone wants to see/ know how I did it give us a message. 

20 hours ago, Dan!! said:

Cheers for the reply, i had sync 1 so all the wiring needed sorting, but after multiple hours reading threw the pages I give it a go. Straightforward really. I’ve also made a nice adapter for aftermarket reverse camera for the cost of £3. If anyone wants to see/ know how I did it give us a message. 

Did you not buy the adapter to do the changes on before the car that includes the camera adapter ? 

did you fit sync 3 ?

glad your sorted

• 2 weeks later...

No they wanted £50 for it on amazon... I bought these and made my own connector for the camera rca.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01M6YEEB1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

my sync unit came with off cuts of all the looms which helped.. 

I got a sync 2 in the end for £80 full kit

reverse camera cost less than £20 all in.. the best £20 I’ve spent

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I know this old but I have a facelift and have the sync 2 system to go in.  Is the same way to wire it and forscan. I know I dont need the extra bit but there no Info if wiring will be the same as guide and the do I need forscan and do the same inputs as pre face ? Cheers

11 hours ago, Kieranst15 said:

I know this old but I have a facelift and have the sync 2 system to go in.  Is the same way to wire it and forscan. I know I dont need the extra bit but there no Info if wiring will be the same as guide and the do I need forscan and do the same inputs as pre face ? Cheers

You’d only need to buy the sync 3 unit and the usb hub. You can get an adapter for the hub end as it only uses power and a USB cable. 

yes you’d need forscan to then program it to your car. Unless you got the sync 3 from a car with the same spec as yours. 

3 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

You’d only need to buy the sync 3 unit and the usb hub. You can get an adapter for the hub end as it only uses power and a USB cable. 

yes you’d need forscan to then program it to your car. Unless you got the sync 3 from a car with the same spec as yours. 

I still need to edit the wires though wouldt I? I have sync 1 and putting sync 2 in

12 minutes ago, Kieranst15 said:

I still need to edit the wires though wouldt I? I have sync 1 and putting sync 2 in

sorry yes. i miss read that thought you said you had sync 2 already 

Ok.cheers.  I must be 1 of a few facelifted that have sync 1 as there no threads on a Face lift version.  Do you know if the wires swap is the same. 

Another thing is I have the face lift arm rest loom(sync2). Sd  cars bit all plug ring offs right up to a big black connector that o asume the media unit goes down and plugs into.

If I found a sync 2 face lift loom that goes from the media unit into the the bottom plug wont the wires be all the way around I need them to be then ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club