Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Finally finished my sync 3 upgrade project, after replacing my RCM (Ford was needed for this) too to support ecalls. No DTCs anymore.

Now moving to reverse camera installation? Anyone has any good one to recommend with trajectory or not? My sync 3 harness and rca input so could use any with RCA output. I will go for one with oem looking interface ( do not want to make a hole).

On 4/9/2021 at 7:54 PM, smartguy69 said:

How to get Bluetooth on sync 2 and 3 using original sync 1 ACM.

The ACM should have an As-Built change when doing a 4" to 8" conversion.

The very first line, very first box in the as-built of the ACM.

727-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xxxx

Have to make sure hex 4 is not enabled.
If you have a F, make it a B
If you have an E, make it an A
If you have a D, make it a 9
If you have a C, make it an 8
If you have a 6, make it a 2
If you have a 5, make it a 1
If you have a 4, make it a 0

The change choices in bold are most commonly seen... if you don't have one of the values listed above, then hex 4 is already disabled on your ACM.

This change tells the ACM which type of APIM you have. So now it knows you have the 8" Touch Screen APIM version versus the older non-touch 4" screen version.

Thanks to the boys on the USA G2Fusions site.

I cannot seem to find the module to access the acm. It shows up in the module list for the hs/ms but when I click on the micro chip looking tile there is no acm module to log in to

The ACM modules for Focus/CMAX cannot be modified. They are preset at the factory and do not have an AsBuilt. Any changes such as bluetooth etc are made in the central car configuration. 

24 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

The ACM modules for Focus/CMAX cannot be modified. They are preset at the factory and do not have an AsBuilt. Any changes such as Bluetooth etc are made in the central car configuration. 

Ok so I have changed them so sync 2/3 system  but still the same as far as they can hear me but I cannot hear them. So guess I need sync 2 acm🤔

Can you list which CCC options you changed. It seems the CMAX is the same as the Focus which works even with a Sync1 ACM. 

The Sync2/3 ACM is pretty much the same and cannot be modified. The difference between Sync1 and Sync 2/3 ACM is the TMC. 

In car entertainment changed to high level audio system with SYNC 2/3 from high level cd and am/fm radio branded and bluetooth hands free to SYNC G2/3 from SYNC G1

125 – DAB Radio System change the value to 01 (without)
154 – Module USB change the value to 01 (without)
157 – bluetooth Handsfree change the value to 01 (without)
172 – Front Display change the value to 09 (DM8 with nav)
214 – ICP change the value to 09

The above are the settings needed. The difference is if you have DAB then leave that option as with DAB. 

I did try this first in focccus but some of them would not let me change the values. Will have to look for the specific titles in the forscan control config one

You have to set them to unknown and then it will let you type in a number. 

Don't change any other options other than the ones listed otherwise you will get a DTC from the ACM (U2101 incompatible module).

So should i change the other ones back then try these?

Whatever your original configuration was keep everything as that except the ones listed. 

For the options where it won't let you enter a number, just change it to unknown in the drop down box, then the number box becomes available. 

Tried putting the setting back and it now says writing blocks failed incompatible configuration?

Did you take a backup before you started? Go back to the backup and then make the changes from there. 

Basically, read current configuration. Load in backup then write. Then make the listed changes. 

Thats what I was doing from a back up, but tried on focccus now and looks like its writing the data i am changing so fingers crossed

Fisrt impression is it worked as changed the display in clocks to black now

@Steevo25You SUPERSTAR that worked great and with the change for park assist I now have the sensor pic back, is there any way I can get nav directions sent to the clock dial screen or would that be an upgrade to the screen?

Which display do you have in the cluster? There was a small screen and a large screen. It certainly works on the large screen. There is an APIM setting that I cannot remember so will have to lookup. 

Not sure about the small screen as never tried it. 

7D0-01-02 XXXX X*XX XX

Can you tell me what you currently have for the asterisk above in the AsBuilt for the APIM. That's the NAV Repeater setting but there are loads of options. 

Just sorting the kids out then will have a look. The screen is the ome with the pic of car on one side and the single trip on other that shows distance till empty, mpg average and instant. Will take a pic in a bit

42 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

Which display do you have in the cluster? There was a small screen and a large screen. It certainly works on the large screen. There is an APIM setting that I cannot remember so will have to lookup. 

Not sure about the small screen as never tried it. 

7D0-01-02 XXXX X*XX XX

Can you tell me what you currently have for the asterisk above in the AsBuilt for the APIM. That's the NAV Repeater setting but there are loads of options. 

This is the screen I have. There is a B in that location on the line in the as built apim module

16185111942763571069168098863568.jpg

20210415_192339.jpg

That is the correct setting. Not sure why your nav repeater is not working. 

I just had a play with the nav and set a destination and it worked, I assumed it wouldn't because before make the previous changes you stated it never did it, just need to get it all final fitted now great, is the multi trip system an upgrade to the screen or does something need changing in the cluster settings?

The dual trip computer and digital speedo are a cluster from a newer model (MK3.5 on a Focus). It's actually just the software on the IPC that's different. I assume it's the same on the CMAX but don't know. 

But changing the cluster or cluster software does bring other issues. For a start the Parking Assistance Module is different so would need changing if you have parking sensors. Also, on earlier cars, the BCM firmware may need upgrading and backlight dimming may not function. 

Mine has the upgraded cluster and I was lucky that I only had to change my Parking Assistance Module. Everything else was at the right level and all worked. Some people have had to do a lot more to get it all working. 

Yeah think I will give that one a miss then dont want it that much. 

I am planning on upgrading my ford focus with things from Naviupgrade but my first problem is my focus doesn't have a center console with armrest. I have found one used from a focus same year as mine but I don't know if they are the same chassie. Does anyone know if there are any differences between center consoles for different chassies? It would be so much nicer if i was able to fit the new usb-hub where it should be. 

Sorry for spelling etc.

DSC_0024.JPG

On 4/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, Steve828 said:

is the multi trip system an upgrade to the screen or does something need changing in the cluster settings?

On 4/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, Steevo25 said:

The dual trip computer and digital speedo are a cluster from a newer model (MK3.5 on a Focus). It's actually just the software on the IPC that's different. I assume it's the same on the CMAX but don't know. 

But changing the cluster or cluster software does bring other issues. For a start the Parking Assistance Module is different so would need changing if you have parking sensors. Also, on earlier cars, the BCM firmware may need upgrading and backlight dimming may not function. 

Mine has the upgraded cluster and I was lucky that I only had to change my Parking Assistance Module. Everything else was at the right level and all worked. Some people have had to do a lot more to get it all working. 

It seems strange that the C-Max shares the same dashboard as the Kuga yet it doesn't share the same ACM or instrument cluster. My 2015 Kuga has the digital display and dual trip computer.

@Steve828 - Apologies for my referencing to the ACM changes. At the time of posting I didn't realise the C-Max shares the same/similar ACM to the Focus which cannot be configured as Steevo25 has previously pointed out. Good to see you have everything up and running. How have you secured your screen in the dash.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club