Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Hi everyone, I did a conversion from  BVC to SYNC 2 and I managed to set it up almost perfectly.The problem I have is with a dtc on APIM which refers to invalid data from the RCM module.The problem with the car is that when the navigation starts, a fault message appears on screen about  the emergency sistem 112 not working and  you have to contact a dealer.The mesage clears with ok button and the unit works proprely but is wery anoing .

I am sure my RCM module didnt have this option and i dont know how to disable it from APIM module .

Does anyone have any idea how i can fix it?

Thank you in advance.

image2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was able to resolve the remaining issue of Sync 2 Retrofit.I found the solution to my colleagues at Fiesta who have had this problem before.The RCM module did not have the Emergency Call Present option enabled and I had to change its as build configuration according to the attached table.

Now I don't have any dtc and everything works like in the factory.

RCM seting.png

• 2 months later...

Hello, i change ACM in my car Focus 2017 to get DAB radio and upgrade to 10 Speakers with subwoofer. After installation i activated DAB button in APIM and change values in CC 

Without digital radio sytem to DAB radio system

6speakers to 10 Hi-End Speakers and subwoofer

Subwoofer  from Not configured to Subwoofer

Now i get DTCs from ACM: U2101-incompatible control unit configuration and (B1A11, B1A12 but center and subwoofer not connected yet). Cause of this error i cannot get access into ACM As-Build data and change anything. When i open As-Build data it only gives access to a four digit HEX value. I think i need to set up some values in CC to same as donor car has, to get rid off DTC U2101 and access to complete As-Build data in ACM. So i have VIN number of donor car and i can get As-Build data. But i dont know how to figure out from As-Build data of donor car which values and how to change in CC of my car, to get right configuration with new ACM from donor car. VIN of donor car is: WF05XXGCC5FJ70613. Can someone can help me and tell which values and how need to be changed in my CC? I also can't tune any DAB station.It show me only preset DAB stations in ACM from previous owner an its not available in my country (i am from Czech and original user was from UK) It can be hardware problem i must check if i have property DAB antenna. Or can it be caused by incorrect configuration between my CC a new ACM?

You have the wrong ACM for the configuration you want. The DAB ACM cannot be reconfigured. They are set at the factory and the AsBuilt cannot be changed. 

The standard ACM out of a 2017 car is 6 Speakers unless you get the hi-spec ACM and then it will be set to the specification of the car it originally came out of and cannot be changed. 

The DTC you have means that the settings you have put in the CCC do not match the configuration of the ACM you have installed. 

Only US spec ACMs can be reconfigured and they do not have DAB. The only alternative is an ACM from a Kuga which can be reconfigured, but unfortunately is not a direct fit in a Focus. 

Ok so why wrong ACM? My new ACM is  F1BT-18C815-ZAH. It is 10 hi-end Speakers and subwoofer ACM with DAB so it is right ACM for the configuration i want. I don't need any changes in ACM then. Now i want to get rid of that DTC and what i need to do is set some values in CC as was in donor car right? But i even try to loading a backup copy of BCM data from donor car and it dont work. Still U2101-incompatible control unit configuration. It's weird. Or which data i need to load from donor car?

It's not the BCM config you want, it's the CCC. The CCC encompasses configuration from different areas. But you don't really want to load a complete copy from the donor car as some of your settings will be different for other things. 

The DTC is saying that whatever you have set in the CCC is different to what the ACM is reporting it has. If you are sure that the ACM is correct for what you need, then it is purely a setting in the CCC. The U2101 error is a common DTC when the ACM is changed and it simply means that what you are saying the ACM has is not the same as the ACM is reporting it has. Can be just a single configuration item. 

Even with the DTC, the ACM will still do what it's configured to do. What you enter in to the CCC does not affect the configuration of the ACM. The only config exception is bluetooth

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a harness you can buy to save swapping wires around 

2 hours ago, Brianst said:

Is there a harness you can buy to save swapping wires around 

i do making wiring harness, give us a dm

• 1 month later...

Selling complete sync3 system if anyone is interested? 

19 hours ago, DaSingh said:

Selling complete sync3 system if anyone is interested? 

Does it have satnav. If so I am only interested in the screen and you could keep the rest.

19 hours ago, smartguy69 said:

Does it have satnav. If so I am only interested in the screen and you could keep the rest.

Hi it does have nav with F10 maps at moment but really want to sell it as a lot otherwise it's not worth me taking out 

• 1 month later...

I have started my project according to this quide. I have searched but I can't get steering wheel buttons to work. I have connected them to APIM according to sheet. I found pnp wiring from ali, but it is missing some wiring. Mostly usb/sdcard hub, and wires that needed to splice from fcdim and buttons. I have made those changes.

I made coding to BCM central config with Focccus, but I can't make those to IPC: error can't connect to IPC. Forscan sees IPC but there are problems too when I try to code it. Should I start from ipc coding. I have both vehicles abl files. 

My car is 2013 petrol ST with MVC, and sync 2 parts are from 2015 ST diesel.

Fascia buttons work, ac tempereratures are showing, handsfree call and bt audio works.

On 9/13/2022 at 9:38 PM, Pappacosworth said:

I have started my project according to this quide. I have searched but I can't get steering wheel buttons to work. I have connected them to APIM according to sheet. I found pnp wiring from ali, but it is missing some wiring. Mostly usb/sdcard hub, and wires that needed to splice from fcdim and buttons. I have made those changes.

I made coding to BCM central config with Focccus, but I can't make those to IPC: error can't connect to IPC. Forscan sees IPC but there are problems too when I try to code it. Should I start from ipc coding. I have both vehicles abl files. 

My car is 2013 petrol ST with MVC, and sync 2 parts are from 2015 ST diesel.

Fascia buttons work, ac tempereratures are showing, handsfree call and bt audio works.

Update, my chinese pnp wiring was not complete and accurate. When I checked, there were wires in wrong holes, and some of them were missing. I got APIM connector for new pins from salvage car, and made modifications to original wiring. Now almost everything works. I won't add 3.5mm aux wiring. Modern phones do not have have it. Reversing graphic don't work. I have radar in my car, no camera. Beeps work. SYNC1/mvc navi card don't work with this.  

how about steering wheel upper right buttons. Volume buttons work, but those don't ?

Hi Tomi.

If I remember rightly, there is an option within the sync menu to add the parking graphic.

2 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

Hi Tomi.

If I remember rightly, there is an option within the sync menu to add the parking graphic.

There is option to add guide lines to camera picture. I tried coding with Forscan, but I didn't succeed yet.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:45 AM, DaSingh said:

Hi it does have nav with F10 maps at moment but really want to sell it as a lot otherwise it's not worth me taking out 

Apologies as I have only just received a notification today that I had replies. I am sorted now and hope you are too.

On 9/16/2022 at 4:50 PM, Pappacosworth said:

Update, my chinese pnp wiring was not complete and accurate. When I checked, there were wires in wrong holes, and some of them were missing. I got APIM connector for new pins from salvage car, and made modifications to original wiring. Now almost everything works. I won't add 3.5mm aux wiring. Modern phones do not have have it. Reversing graphic don't work. I have radar in my car, no camera. Beeps work. SYNC1/mvc navi card don't work with this.  

how about steering wheel upper right buttons. Volume buttons work, but those don't ?

For navigation you need a sync 2 SD card. I have an old one you could have. It's an F7 so a few years out of date but some dodgy sellers are selling F4 on eBay. You could have mine for nothing. Latest is F10 but must be Sync 2.

The reason your radar graphic doesn't work is down to an APIM setting.

Try this on APIM - 5th digit change to a 2. Press write and it should appear.

7D0-02-02 xxxx-*xxx-xxxx - Change this to a 2

For steering wheel controls, if you are certain that all wiring is correct then you may have to change either ACM to sync 2 type if you haven't already or on the early Kuga the steering wheel controls are different to the later type. Could be same on the Focus.

Does your bluetooth work ok. If not then it is possible to change setting on sync 1 ACM to get this working. Not sure if that also affects steering wheel control. One of our guys had to change his ACM to get steering wheel controls to work with sync 3. My sync 2 worked perfectly with sync 1 ACM after changing one setting.

I have changed ACM too, from 2015 diesel ST. I have ordered F10 navi scdard from eBay, looked reliable. Steering wheel volume and call buttons work. Upper arrows and ok does nothing. 2015 steering wheel don't have those buttons, so maybe that is the reason. Looks stupid, should I swap sw too :unsure: would it work?

I have tried next coding variations for parking radar, nothing works. I think camera would work, but it is lots of work again. Screen goes black and gives camera error.

7D0-01-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx
7D0-01-01 x9xx xxxx xxxx 
7D0-02-02 xxxx-2xxx-xxxx

I have also found coding tip for acm to have rear Speakers full audio setting (Change 727-01-01 to xx59 F8x8) but I don't have ACM in forscan configuration list. 

today radar graphic suddenly appeared, but camera error diables it's screen. I must try to disable camera again.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had interest trying it, maybe I just add camera. Maybe same time when I install trailer hitch, it needs wiring work too.

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:38 PM, JPW said:

Neither!

My Focus MK3 did not come with "SYNC" at all. 2011 and 2012 MK3's came with bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) before SYNC 1 was even a thing.

Although the FCDIM, ACM etc are very similar between BVC and SYNC 1, they all needed to match, so you had to have all the components based on BVC or all based on SYNC 1 else there would be issues. Your car was fully based on SYNC 1 so not the same as where I came from.

Sorry, no, I didn't have the "Sony" ACM, just the normal ACM and the Sony front panel with the 9 Speakers.

I believe I must have been one of the very very few that actually converted from non-SYNC to SYNC 3 (That's why I wrote a how-to for it! - a lot more difficult to pull off)

Before I purchased the SYNC 3 components, I checked the VIN number from the 2018 donor car in Ford Etis so was able to see that it also had the 9 speaker setup, same as my car - but indeed I still get the ACM DTC and ignore it 🙂

Hope that clarifies 🙂

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade BVC to Sync 2 on US Ford Focus 2012 (donor is the same year) and I mess something with the CAN buses wired directly to the OBD port and most probaly my BCM got dammaged (everything is blinking, the car doesn't start). I'm going to replace the BCM in the next few days but can someone check the attached wiring diagrams and tell where I go wrong? What does it mean "I CAN" from the Sync 2 diagram and "IHS CAN" from the BVC diagram? Also do all of them has to be connected to the APIM? I'm confused also from the CAN diagram labels CAN+/-  and  CAN HIGH/LOW - are they the same?

Image links:

https://ibb.co/TkPtwHC
https://ibb.co/fH3yRgB
https://ibb.co/ZJJjG4B
https://ibb.co/6FQqMRM
https://ibb.co/xgBh2Qg
https://ibb.co/dWRsqPF
https://ibb.co/hWVpHfg

Hi chaps, just joined so saying Hi. I know this has probably been done to death & I appogise. I've been following the posts on the sync upgrade & the more I read the more confused I am.

I have a 14 plate zetec, with the standard head unit. DAB works but keeps dropping off, which is irratating.

I'd like to replace, which is where I'm lost, replace with what, 2 or 3?

Please shed some light for an old man.

Regards Si 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, urukhai said:

Hi chaps, just joined so saying Hi. I know this has probably been done to death & I appogise. I've been following the posts on the sync upgrade & the more I read the more confused I am.

I have a 14 plate zetec, with the standard head unit. DAB works but keeps dropping off, which is irratating.

I'd like to replace, which is where I'm lost, replace with what, 2 or 3?

Please shed some light for an old man.

Regards Si 

give us a pm, i do a supply and fit of sync3 upgrades

• 1 month later...

Hi all - I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone can help. Can someone tell me where the data link - and + are or if they're present on BVC as I'm having trouble with the TMC on SYNC 2?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club