Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2017 CarPlay issues

jm231293

Hello,

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn’t find any posts with this issue.

I recently bought a new Fiesta with SYNC 3, but I’ve been having some real problems with CarPlay.

Sometimes it refuses to launch when I plug my phone in, and other times it freezes in the middle of a journey.

The strange thing is that it seems to be location based - on some journeys it freezes every time and on others it’s always fine.

I’ve tried resetting and updating both my phone and SYNC, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else had the same problems?

Tried a different cable?

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Tried a different cable?

I haven’t, but the cable I’m using is a brand new genuine Apple cable. I’ll give it a go though just to rule it out, thanks.

Location based? Try turning the location services off then and see if that helps, the phone won’t know where it is. Assuming it’s the mapping that may be doing it 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Location based? Try turning the location services off then and see if that helps, the phone won’t know where it is. Assuming it’s the mapping that may be doing it 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, could be that - will give it a go for troubleshooting, but the ability to use the phone’s ‘Maps’ app through CarPlay as a Sat Nav is the main reason I use it!

• 3 weeks later...

As an update to anyone who might have the same problem (although not a particularly helpful one), I took the car back to the dealership who sold it me for them to have a look, they said as the SYNC software is up to date there is nothing they can do, so will just have to hope for an update in the future (either on the phone or the car) that fixes the issue. Thanks for all the suggestions!

• 4 years later...

Hi there james, i have the same year fiesta and the exact same issue's ! part of me thinks the early fiesta's sync 3 systems had bugs imbedded in them!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club