Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk5 Parking Sensors - Dealer Fitted - Help!

Stef1975

Hi, after previously driving a Mk3 & Mk4 Mondeo's I've recently purchased a Mk5 - Privately. I'm really pleased with it but I'm having problems with the front parking sensors. They don't work. I bought the car in Kent but live in Hampshire. The car is only 2 years old so I took it to the dealer to see if it's cover under warranty. They have told me the sensors are dealer fitted and not manufactured fitted. My car is a Mondeo Titanium Auto. I can't believe that these aren't standard on this model as they were on my previous. It has a button sticking out of the trim, via a visible cable, which seems to be the on/off button for the parking sensors.. When the car is in reverse the rear one work and beep, as they should, but I can't get any noise out of the front no matter how many times I press this flied in button. I've tried putting it in Reverse then Drive but nothing.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I anyone know what fuse this is spured off or anything I could try - Thanks in Advance. Stef.

On my 2015 Mk5 the Front sensors (optional factory fit) did not have button coming out of the trim. When factory fitted the sensors are all wired to a switch next to the gearstick, on the gloss trim. It turns the front and rear sensors on/off, so if this isn’t present or it only does the rear sensors then I can say with 99% certainty they are dealer fit, possibly even aftermarket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if there dealer fitted then they will probably be aftermarket xvision sensors. they are wired up via piggy back fuses in the engine bay fuse box and glove box fusebox. check for extra wires going to these fuseboxes. 

• Like 1

Great shout iantt -  Any pointers on how I get access to either fuse box? Cheers

12 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

On my 2015 Mk5 the Front sensors (optional factory fit) did not have button coming out of the trim. When factory fitted the sensors are all wired to a switch next to the gearstick, on the gloss trim. It turns the front and rear sensors on/off, so if this isn’t present or it only does the rear sensors then I can say with 99% certainty they are dealer fit, possibly even aftermarket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah - That's my thought s too as I can see where the button is suppose to be.

7 hours ago, iantt said:

if there dealer fitted then they will probably be aftermarket xvision sensors. they are wired up via piggy back fuses in the engine bay fuse box and glove box fusebox. check for extra wires going to these fuseboxes. 

I did some research in these xvision sensors and they have a round on/off button - Mine is a little rectangle button - Any pointers on how I get access to either fuse box?

1 hour ago, Stef1975 said:

I did some research in these xvision sensors and they have a round on/off button - Mine is a little rectangle button - Any pointers on how I get access to either fuse box?

The fuse box inside the car is in the front passenger footwell. If you kneel on the floor outside the passenger side and lean into the footwell then look at where you would expect to see the pedals if it where an EU build. You should see a small plastic rectangular cover, remove this and you will find the fuse box.

open the bonnet and you will see a flat plastic lid by the battery, to the left I think it is. It has clips on either side that you push in and then lift up the cover, fuses under there plus a few relays. There will be a label on the plastic lid to identify it as the fuse box.

ive never tried this so can’t comfirm it to be true but the sensors are said to emit a ‘clicking’ sound when they are working. If you put your ear up to the sensor itself you should be able to hear it clicking, if not then press the switch and try again. If still not working then there is no power going to the sensors, if they do ‘click’ then there is a problem with the speaker. Assuming the old wives tale about the clicking is true 

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

The fuse box inside the car is in the front passenger footwell. If you kneel on the floor outside the passenger side and lean into the footwell then look at where you would expect to see the pedals if it where an EU build. You should see a small plastic rectangular cover, remove this and you will find the fuse box.

open the bonnet and you will see a flat plastic lid by the battery, to the left I think it is. It has clips on either side that you push in and then lift up the cover, fuses under there plus a few relays. There will be a label on the plastic lid to identify it as the fuse box.

ive never tried this so can’t comfirm it to be true but the sensors are said to emit a ‘clicking’ sound when they are working. If you put your ear up to the sensor itself you should be able to hear it clicking, if not then press the switch and try again. If still not working then there is no power going to the sensors, if they do ‘click’ then there is a problem with the speaker. Assuming the old wives tale about the clicking is true 

Nice one - The ticking works on my old Mk4 Mondeo, but that had a button on the dash.. I can't get seem to get anything from these! The rear are working but no ticking the front aren't doing anything. Thanks for letting me know where the fuses are!

39 minutes ago, Stef1975 said:

Nice one - The ticking works on my old Mk4 Mondeo, but that had a button on the dash.. I can't get seem to get anything from these! The rear are working but no ticking the front aren't doing anything. Thanks for letting me know where the fuses are!

Is there a button for the rear sensors? You said you could see a space where the button for the fronts would go if OEM, the fronts and rears are both controlled with the same button. There is space for 3 buttons, one is the stop/start, one is the Park Assist and the third is for the sensors

the later xvision front sensor switches were rectangle ones

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club